Bored at home

Hi mummies, I had recently been terminated and had become a SAHM. I had a 18mths old ger and is 8 mths preggy with my 2nd. I really have no idea what to do everyday. My helper is helping me with all the household chores and meals preparations. My hubby is wrking and after wrk he will be out with his frens as usual.
Even like today,he is attending a fren's wedding but he didn't ask me to go along,maybe coz his fren is those superstitious type bah.
I'm really bored at home,have no ideas what I can do...any suggestions?

PinkDiamonds

You have an 18 months old girl I think there's actually a lot of activities you can do with her - books, educational materials, simple games. Of course since you're pregnant with #2 you also need to rest well in bed when necessary. For me my girl will sometimes take nap with me in bed, read books together, play simple games like kick ball, etc. Other than that is surf net, eat & sleep lol

ling.er

I also borin @ home .. Hmm my boy only 3mth + Most of time time he will be slping . If he is awake then i will play with him.. Other than tat i serv net , watch tv , Online movie , Clean room ( nT every day ) .. Meal my MIL will make , anyway i duno hw to cook =p ..

Im also lookin for part time jon nw tat suit my timing .. But no news =(

You have an 18 months old girl I think there's actually a lot of activities you can do with her - books, educational materials, simple games. Of course since you're pregnant with #2 you also need to rest well in bed when necessary. For me my girl will sometimes take nap with me in bed, read books together, play simple games like kick ball, etc. Other than that is surf net, eat & sleep lol
My girl's interest span is very short, i had just flipped to the 2nd page of the book only she ran away le...:err:

diymummy

Maybe you can set yourself a routine for yourself as well as your girl? I think routines work very well for children because it gives them a sense of security and stability.

My boy's saturday schedule is as follows:
- Wake at 7am, drink milk
- I go to wet market to get his fish and other groceries. Boy's at home watching DVD (he gets to choose what he wants to watch) and play with daddy.
- Take a shower then leave the house for breakfast at around 9am.
- After breakfast we either go to playground/library/friend's house/shopping/swimming
- Lunch and nap after
- Wake from nap, milk, get dressed
- Go in-laws/my parents/events (friend's baby's bday, relative's wedding... whatever)
- Home at 8pm, shower, milk, bed time

So you can plan out a schedule for your girl.. Once she is used to it, her attention span will get better. Not to mention that praises also go a long way.

I guess it'll take some getting used to as well as trial and error but you'll soon get the hang of it. Routines are also good for you when your new baby arrives.

I have a friend who gave his daughter a doll to take care off. When her baby brother arrived, she was enthusiastic to take care of her baby brother. But there's still some jealousy to contend with but she was at least able to understand a little.

Phoebii Cheng

Yes agree with diymummy....I also sort of set a routine for my son...like morning wake up he will hv milk, then watch a bit of cartoons, before we go out for brunch, then we come back he will hv a nap, then shower, dinner, followed by a short time of play or tv, then wash up, bedtime

I think you can cultivate her reading habit, by bringing her to the library? I also bring my son to the library or borders

I'm bored at home too!!!My elder ger goes to full day playgroup,my 2nd is now 6 months plus n oso I'm nw 3weeks preggy!!!Husband working whole day n helper doing all the household n cooking!!!!Any ideas wat to do...

Mummy to Baby V

I'm kept occupied at home and find that time is never enough:

Morning: wash up, breakfast, sort out laundry, prepare meal ingredients
1 hour home-learning based on Shichida Method
Lunch
Son takes nap while I work on laptop (write articles, business planning & coordination)
Son wakes up, tea break
Free play, I try to work a little, play with him a little
Dinner
Shower, quiet play with Daddy. If have time, I work a little
Boy zzz, chat with hubby, surf Net

With a toddler, there are many things you can do together.
Organize playdates, visit bookstore, excursion to park / zoo / etc, home learning (art & craft, storytelling, singing)
Do you have an interest or hobby?
Any interest in working freelance from home? For interest, instead of money if that's not a concern.

When my boy was 5 months old, I started blogging and a few months later turned it into a writing business. Life is very meaningful and I know this is where I can channel my energy when children goes to school in future.

All the best!

take your kid to library, play or read to the child, go out with other friends for lunch, go shopping once a few days,do some light exercise, do housework, surf net, watch tv, study a course, learn to cook new dishes..did all of the above while i was a sahm : )
have to admit tho, i still felt a bit bored

Hmm,planning a schedule really sounds good!!but how do I slowly intro to my girl? And what kinda art n craft is more suitable for her age? I did thought of playing play doh with her but scared she's still a bit young for it.

Mummybelle,where u staying? Maybe we should meet up!!lol

Mummy to Baby V

My boy is 19+ months old. Can start doodling with non-toxic crayons (Crayola has washable ones). Get mahjong paper to draw on. Then roll up to keep and reuse until no more space left.

Then move on to washable paint, fingerpaint.

There are recipes to make own dough using flour, food coloring etc. If your girl doesn't put things into her mouth, then should be ok. (My gluttony boy isn't ready for this yet.)

At this age, can do water play, sand play. Read Water Play Tips for Babies and Toddlers | Mummy's Reviews

Train fine motor skills by using spoon to scoop small items, use pegs to clip things.

Keeps things fun and creative. :)

eelynn

I m oso bored at home coz my children all goes to school n childcare in d day n they r bk only abt 6pm. Husband busy most of d time n even on weekends. Maid does all the house works n cooking n i only supervise n tell her wat to cook. I like to bring my kids out on weekends but aledy running out of ideas. Mayb other mummies whose hubbies r bz, mayb we shd catch up n bring our kids out for fun while we mummies can get to knw each other n our problems more... In dat way, we wont rot n our kids can hv equal fun....
Any bored mummies can email me at eelynnlim@yahoo.com n i will reply very soon. Haha... Coz i m so free

sasha10

for me..i get pretty lonely staying at home.
never bored though..cos there are so much housework and play to do with my baby of 7 months old.

when i have free time..i will read book. Or bring my baby to the library..
mummy, any one of you staying nearby Yewtee/CCK/Woodland?
maybe we can meet up and bring our babies too. PM me yah.

mummy to very baby..i always enjoy your writing..i think you are very talented in writing.
any advise on what i can do to do work from home? think i can't write as good as you. care to share with me?
my email: djong.anna@gmail.com

I m also bored at home coz my children all goes to school n childcare in d day n they r back only about 6pm. Husband busy most of d time n even on weekends. Maid does all the house works n cooking n i only supervise n tell her what to cook. I like to bring my kids out on weekends but aledy running out of ideas. Mayb other mummies whose hubbies r bz, mayb we should catch up n bring our kids out for fun while we mummies can get to knw each other n our problems more... In dat way, we wont rot n our kids can have equal fun....
Any bored mummies can email me at eelynnlim@yahoo.com n i will reply very soon. Haha... Coz i m so free

exiga

I am also pretty bored at home. Due to my tough pregnancy, I stopped working and decide to return to workforce after given birth. Now, ,y bb gal is 4 mths old and I have started looking for a job but dun seem to have any luck...... worried abt not able to find a job........haizzzzz

luvbene

My girl's interest span is very short, i had just flipped to the 2nd page of the book only she ran away le...:err:
haha... about same as my son he is 4months 3weeks coming 5months old.. When he drinks his milk at home sometimes he made a lot of noise but when he is outside of home he drinks his milk quietly, burps quiet and drinks fast! lolz One day i on the TV on this "The Price is Right" show and he was watching for 15mins and he started to cry.. Put on bed he cry also... Tiring sometimes... Just feeling sian sometimes want a break of everyday routine... but also do not know what to do at home... Maid do most of the things... hmmmm...