bottle rejection for 3 weeks.. help!!!

joanne6298

hi,

recently i switch my baby to bottle after latching him fully for 2 and a half mth.. nw hw rejects bottle.. i buy so many bottle le he still don like..

how?? which bottle can i buy??

jo_mum

hi,

recently i switch my baby to bottle after latching him fully for 2 and a half month.. now hw rejects bottle.. i buy so many bottle he still dont like..

how?? which bottle can i buy??
Hi, you can try the first years breastflow bottle. I've tried various brands of bottles (avent, nuby natural nurser, the first years), and I find that the first years breastflow bottle is best (even better than avent) and feels most like a mother's breast, no leakage while baby is feeding too. You can check their website here Learning Curve: Mom's trusted source for care and play products that help families grow. Hope it helps!

By the way, the website is only for reference, you can buy the bottle in Singapore, I bought it at AMK Hub NTUC.

Last edited:

joanne6298

thank you.. will go buy today.. really very headach.. he become so skinny for dinking oni 50ml every 4 hr.. Force feed somemore

joanne6298

my baby suck 2 mouth than reject le.. no matter how hard i coax him he still don wan..

HELP!!!

just bought tommy tippe bottle to try.. waiting for his next feed

isabelandrew

my DS also has this problem. what I did was to latch on, then pull out and stuff her with the bottle. it works. not sure if u can use this method

isabelandrew

on wkend, u try like that for both sat and sun. monitor...
there is one brand with a teat just like mummy's nipple.

Pigeon brand - wide neck bottle. the teat is super soft like mummy's nipple. it works for me. my bb did not like advent, the teat very big........

slowly la, bb will adjust one

joanne6298

pigeon brand i try he totally reject.. now using tommy tippe.. at 1st still ok.. today he show temper again... 3pm drink 120ml than till nw 7:30pm don wan milk..

he open his mouth, when he taste milk he reject.. i taste the milk.. nt spoilt... hai~~~

Domique

It is like that one.. Alaric also like that when he 3 mths. try rockin him when u feed.... may help little. try to sleep feed more to make it up lor. last time alaric 12 hrs never drink!

no one can beat that record!

pigeon brand i try he totally reject.. now using tommy tippe.. at 1st still ok.. today he show temper again... 3pm drink 120ml than till now 7:30pm dont want milk..

he open his mouth, when he taste milk he reject.. i taste the milk.. not spoilt... hai~~~

cherry

My 6.5 month old daughter still rejects the bottle (no matter breast milk or fm or water). She would rather not to drink at all but to wait for me to come back after work and latch her on. We could only forcefeed her in order to drink a bit of water! :err:

toys_r_us

My 6.5 month old daughter still rejects the bottle (no matter breast milk or fm or water). She would rather not to drink at all but to wait for me to come back after work and latch her on. We could only forcefeed her in order to drink a bit of water! :err:
oh no...how old was she when you went back to work?
Cuz i'm trying to get my 2.5mth old to take the bottle cuz i'm going back to work soon, but shes refused so far. Then again itz only been 3 consecutive days of trying :)

joanne6298

my "saver" is the tommy tippe bottle.. you all should try.. my boy reject so many bottles from pigeon, first years, avent, nuk than finally tommy tippe he drink..

and also you have to try to slp feed 1st.. my boy about 2 weeks to 1 month to be stable on bottle.

you can try tommy tippee one... they have something tat is wide neck and shaped like mother's breast... my son at first refused to latch on when i start to give him bottle.. then after i used this tommy tippee bottle for 2 days... he can automatically latch on back to my breast
=)

cherry

i re-started work when my girl is 5 month. But because of the flexibility of my work, I could still let my girl to latch on in the late morning before i go to work.

Sleep feed is the feeding in the mid of the night? If i try to use a new bottle at that time, I will have great engorgement. And because I still want to latch her directly in the morning and night, I never try to use any bottle in the mid of the night. Do you ladies use the bottle for the EBM or FM?