Buying a high chair, any suggestions??

Ottermum

I also prefer plastic, coz cleaning up daily after meals.. :001_302:

But Bumbo can't sit for too long rite? Yr baObei dun like to be in it?
haven't let him tried sitting on it...DH keeps saying he's so hyper he can stay still on it meh...?? waste money only...:embarrassed:

Hmmm...right now think i like the wooden highchair from IKEA ($99) n VVB bro's Mothercare wooden highchair ($120)...but the IKEA 1 has no tray...

yup you're right it's easier to clean if made of plastic...

we saw 1 @ Kiddy Palace 'Mamalove' plastic convertible highchair...exactly like the Mothercare one...it's selling @ $179...

autumn82

haven't let him tried sitting on it...DH keeps saying he's so hyper he can stay still on it meh...?? waste money only...:embarrassed:

Hmmm...right now think i like the wooden highchair from IKEA ($99) n VVB bro's Mothercare wooden highchair ($120)...but the IKEA 1 has no tray...

yup you're right it's easier to clean if made of plastic...

we saw 1 @ Kiddy Palace 'Mamalove' plastic convertible highchair...exactly like the Mothercare one...it's selling @ $179...
It is good to have tray. :tlaugh:Otherwise, the baby will start to bang his head on the table, eat the table, pull the table.. Blah.. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

annie

i wonder how long can the bumbo seat last though cos its rather small.. dunno when my girl will outgrow it. once she did i need to buy a high chair as well... but then my house ah.. no dining table! lol. so high chair dunno put where. i got to stand up n feed her? hehe. now i sit on the flr n feed her.. the height of bumbo seat just nice..

snowbear

huh pull the tray out?? lol. my girl used to do that too IF i didnt fit the tray properly.. if fit properly she cant get it out. how to get it out whe the base of the tray is stuck into the seat?

climb out??? hmm... my girl hor... even i try to carry her out also very difficult cos her legs will get stuck to the chair.. she haven learn to climb yet so im not too sure if she can get out by herself but at the moment it seems not easy to get out wor. even when i carry her out i need to use my legs to hold the chair cos its stuck to her legs! lol.

the bumbo chair base so big will topple ma? my girl also often arch her back when on the chair but i dun think it will topple cos its very steady so i dun worry hehe. i jsut worry she will outgrow it soon. she can sit there whole day one lol. very convenient for me. i can do many things with her sitting in there. if not she sometimes very fussy... she only calm down when she is in the seat watching tv or my dog lol
yes, my alicia has toppled with the bumbo many times... :tlaugh::tlaugh:

annie

wah biang.. that bumbo central of gravity so low n base so wide she also can topple lol. supergirl! lol. btw, how many mths were she when she start toppling the bumbo?

oblong

*Ammend* Blur me :)
The dark bamboo is the one kena termites... thrown away... (Should be @ Arab street)

The rattan one is still in good condition...
*Later kena scolding by the rattan shop owner... anyhow say his stuffs got termites :)

Below is the company name/addr/contact... U might want to call n ask if they still have what you want... in case wasted trip.

Manila Furnishing 68 Thomson Rd Singapore 307587 Tel : 6255 1911

*It's at the end of a short row of shophouses along Thomson Road...
no place to park... I illegal parked along Thomson Road... double yellow line :p

Can buy Tanjong Rhu Bao while you're there.... very nice :)
kam xias! :tlaugh:

oblong

Thanks bro for your info...!!! Oblong you got it??
will discuss with DH what to buy 1st...actually we still have no idea n also can't decide what type to buy....:001_302::001_302::001_302:
nooo..... working leh. can only go down this weekend. going to call them first to check. but it's definite i'm getting this. (cos this is the approved item by my formidable mum :embarrassed:) kekee :001_302:

Queenbabe

how come no more le?
Sad to say this , she passed away ..... and my stupid uncle think throw away all the stuff after that sell off the flat :wecry: tat time my dd already big when my grandma still around so i never bother abt that chair as i aso dunno know i will still have no.2 haiz ............. sorry out of topic ..........

oblong

ottermum, i bought the 母子椅 le. managed to 'con' jeff only once...... 2nd time he sat in it, he stood up suddenly in the chair and scream loud loud...... lols........ my precious peaceful feeding... aiyohs.........

Daddy D

Alpha Male
ottermum, i bought the 母子椅 le. managed to 'con' jeff only once...... 2nd time he sat in it, he stood up suddenly in the chair and scream loud loud...... lols........ my precious peaceful feeding... aiyohs.........
ha! heng my dd more gentle... after 1 year then start to stand up :)

Ottermum

ha ha...kekekeke...

i managed to buy a Bumbo with tray @ $60 from 1 of the members here! (haven't collect)

actually i dun think he'll sit on it for long but try lo...if not i'll pass it down to my bro's bb or sell it back here!

kekekekeke....baby boys!!! headache man...