Buying a high chair, any suggestions??

autumn82

aut dearie, mummy say high chairs will topple, regardless the base........ for my case it is very true, jeff super active, love to rock chairs he sits on..... so wat base, he will end up on the floor one........ so the 母子椅 the best le, low chair, wide seat......
Wahsei.. dangerous... So where is he sitting now?

my DS's also super duper active!!!!
whenever he's strapped on his rocker or stroller he'll do the Michael Jackson 'crotch catching' action...wanna get out!!! wah piang headache man...:elvis:

that's why how to buy bumbo seat?? actually thinking of getting a 2nd hand bumbo let him try if he doesn't like it i'll have to pass it down to my niece...
Iggy also will do the crotch catching action! Like champs in sit & reach! LOL. :x

Daddy D

Alpha Male
ottermum, paiseh. tap on ur thread. u heard of the 母子椅 too? i used to sit on one, but spoil le. so desperately trying to get one now. cos my mum strongly fobids any form of high chairs :embarrassed:
Yo Oblong, I used the wooden chair 2... bought 2 actually... shld be 3yrs ago...
- 1 dark bamboo (still in good condition)... forgot where I bought this... I think around beach road... one of those indian/arab shops...
- 1 rattan (got termites after 1 year, threw away liao)... rattan shop beside the tanjong rhu bao... opp united square.

Use for 1 year... once DD managed to climb out of the chair, cannot use liao... cos' will topple over. Using as a home decor thingy now :)

Attachments

autumn82

Yo Oblong, I used the wooden chair 2... bought 2 actually... shld be 3yrs ago...
- 1 dark bamboo (still in good condition)... forgot where I bought this... I think around beach road... one of those indian/arab shops...
- 1 rattan (got termites after 1 year, threw away liao)... rattan shop beside the tanjong rhu bao... opp united square.

Use for 1 year... once DD managed to climb out of the chair, cannot use liao... cos' will topple over. Using as a home decor thingy now :)

Omg!!! Antique!!!! :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

oblong

my grandma bought for me... keke. my mum had no idea where to get them. she only told me, go get the chair....

Daddy D

Alpha Male
But those also quite light rite? Would it topple as well?? o_O
The base quite stable... with the bb sitting on it... won't topple.
Confirm bb sit liao... cannot get out... so can feed in peace.
But once older, bb will figure out how to get out :)

oblong

The base quite stable... with the bb sitting on it... won't topple.
Confirm bb sit liao... cannot get out... so can feed in peace.
But once older, bb will figure out how to get out :)
daddy d, you hit it right on the nail le. that's the part i love and aim to do. otherwise i can feed for 2 hours and :wong8: dump off food after tat....

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Oblong... u must learn from Aut liao... her feedings in record timing... dunno how she does it... open mouth n pour?! haha!

autumn82

Oblong... u must learn from Aut liao... her feedings in record timing... dunno how she does it... open mouth n pour?! haha!
:tlaugh::tlaugh:Must have baby's cooperation as well la.. Not all babies so "tum jia" as mine wat.. :p

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Ottermum said:
PD told us to buy one that's able to 'split' into 2...can stack up n be brought down, place on the floor kind...
Think your PD may be referring to this: Mothercare Singapore

This latest product is 100% wood ... I'm using an older version made of plastic, but by MotherCare as well.
:wink: :wink:

oblong

aut, how u feed iggy? when i feed jeff, he moves all over, to the mirror, to the cupboards, everywhere, except to his food. then when i eat, he wants my food. ah.......

think i exaggerate, after 1 hr, the porridge already watery. so dump food le. the next 1 hr, is guessing. is jeff still hungry?