Buying a high chair, any suggestions??

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
autumn82 said:
:tlaugh::tlaugh:Must have baby's cooperation as well la.. Not all babies so "tum jia" as mine wat.. :p
My Seamus clocked his personal best the other day ...

I told him papa go shower now, you go eat your porridge ... after that, papa bring you go kai kai.
By the time I finished my shower, he not only finished eating his porridge ... he was changed up liao hor.
What a cheong king in the making!!
:rofl: :rofl:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
oblong said:
aut, how u feed iggy? when i feed jeff, he moves all over, to the mirror, to the cupboards, everywhere, except to his food. then when i eat, he wants my food. ah.......

think i exaggerate, after 1 hr, the porridge already watery. so dump food le. the next 1 hr, is guessing. is jeff still hungry?
Try eating the same time as him ... although feeding him porridge, let his spoonful travel to your own bowl/plate before extending it to his mouth.
When Seamus was younger, he also wanna connect with papa & mama this way.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Even now, when my wifey & I are having our dinner (usually different timing from his, as my wifey has been working late) ... he'll still come pinch from our food.
:rofl: :rofl:

autumn82

aut, how u feed iggy? when i feed jeff, he moves all over, to the mirror, to the cupboards, everywhere, except to his food. then when i eat, he wants my food. ah.......

think i exaggerate, after 1 hr, the porridge already watery. so dump food le. the next 1 hr, is guessing. is jeff still hungry?
I'm super worried abt this, that's y since Iggy turned 5mth+, I started to let him sit in the highchair during meal times. I wanted to instill this mindset to him that eating shld only be done at the dinning table and not infront of tv, downstairs the block or everywhere.

At 1st, when he was 4mth+, I tried feeding him in the walker (which my DH+MIL said can do wif it), it was super messy and he was bouncing up and down the walker. DH saw what happened and I quitted feeding Iggy for few days after that incident (angry wif DH). Then tat's y eventually I bought a highchair. :001_302::001_302: Coz I rem, when MIL was feeding Belle when she was younger, she was chasing her all ard the hse to feed. :embarrassed:

I just feed him nonstop? Spoon after spoon when I see his mouth empty. Fastest record for a combi bowl size so far is 10mins, slowest is 20mins. :tlaugh:

Queenbabe

I like that Mu Zi Yi too ........... Oblong ......... lastime my grandma house used to have one ........... haiz but no more now :(

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Yo Oblong, I used the wooden chair 2... bought 2 actually... shld be 3yrs ago...
- 1 dark bamboo (still in good condition)... forgot where I bought this... I think around beach road... one of those indian/arab shops...
- 1 rattan (got termites after 1 year, threw away liao)... rattan shop beside the tanjong rhu bao... opp united square.

Use for 1 year... once DD managed to climb out of the chair, cannot use liao... cos' will topple over. Using as a home decor thingy now :)
*Ammend* Blur me :)
The dark bamboo is the one kena termites... thrown away... (Should be @ Arab street)

The rattan one is still in good condition...
*Later kena scolding by the rattan shop owner... anyhow say his stuffs got termites :)

Below is the company name/addr/contact... U might want to call n ask if they still have what you want... in case wasted trip.

Manila Furnishing 68 Thomson Rd Singapore 307587 Tel : 6255 1911

*It's at the end of a short row of shophouses along Thomson Road...
no place to park... I illegal parked along Thomson Road... double yellow line :p

Can buy Tanjong Rhu Bao while you're there.... very nice :)

Ottermum

*Ammend* Blur me :)
The dark bamboo is the one kena termites... thrown away... (Should be @ Arab street)

The rattan one is still in good condition...
*Later kena scolding by the rattan shop owner... anyhow say his stuffs got termites :)

Below is the company name/addr/contact... U might want to call n ask if they still have what you want... in case wasted trip.

Manila Furnishing 68 Thomson Rd Singapore 307587 Tel : 6255 1911

*It's at the end of a short row of shophouses along Thomson Road...
no place to park... I illegal parked along Thomson Road... double yellow line :p

Can buy Tanjong Rhu Bao while you're there.... very nice :)
Thanks bro for your info...!!! Oblong you got it??
will discuss with DH what to buy 1st...actually we still have no idea n also can't decide what type to buy....:001_302::001_302::001_302:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
elaine82 said:
How much is this Pine cube convertible highchair cost ?
Ottermum said:
just checked the website no it doesn't show the price...gotta call Mothercare check out the price...
After the 15% discount, comes to less than $120 ... the exact figure, you'd hafta check with YellowPudding ... helped her bought one some weeks back.

Unfortunately, she probably wun be able to give more feedback on the pine cube ... since her baby haven't got down to using it yet.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

annie

wah so many active bb here lol. my girl coming 7mths old liao but still cannot climb out of bumbo..she cant even make bumbo move! lol. mine opposite leh.. when she cranky i will put her there then she ok liao. can sit there as long as she likes till she sleepy lol. she will try to reach anything near her bumbo around the flr but then still its very safe inside hehe

autumn82

wah so many active bb here lol. my girl coming 7mths old liao but still cannot climb out of bumbo..she cant even make bumbo move! lol. mine opposite leh.. when she cranky i will put her there then she ok liao. can sit there as long as she likes till she sleepy lol. she will try to reach anything near her bumbo around the flr but then still its very safe inside hehe
You have a good baby! :) Heh. :wong19:

yellowpudding

After the 15% discount, comes to less than $120 ... the exact figure, you'd hafta check with YellowPudding ... helped her bought one some weeks back.

Unfortunately, she probably wun be able to give more feedback on the pine cube ... since her baby haven't got down to using it yet.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:
I am here, price of the highchair will be $119.20 or $119.80. Can't remember the cents amount. Do note that this highchair needs some assembly ie have to get hubbies to fix up and all. Upon fixing, have to be careful just in case it "tilt" one side and become unbalance. :)

Overall I like the sturdy material, and the convertible function. :) As the chair is made of 100% wood as mentioned, may have to consider getting a cushion for the babies to sit on (so as to be more comfortable). :)

As VVB mentioned, I can't really give the review yet cause I have not start using it yet. :)

Ottermum

i quite like it but DH prefers something made of plastic i think...

yup VVB bro that's exactly what my PD suggests...convertible chair made of wood...

i really wanna let him try the bumbo leh...

autumn82

yup VVB bro that's exactly what my PD suggests...convertible chair made of wood...

I also prefer plastic, coz cleaning up daily after meals.. :001_302:

But Bumbo can't sit for too long rite? Yr baObei dun like to be in it?

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Ottermum said:

Currently, Siggi is being fed while seated in such a thing:
The lowest prices on all baby & toddler products=
Clean-up is necessary after every meal & the seat itself is washed every weekend.

When at grandpa's on Sunday, he'll be fed while seated in the bumbo ...
So, where the pine cube (or my plastic cube) is concerned, it is used by Seamus so far ... subsequently, by Siggi too when he can sit upright properly on his own.

Pertaining to comfort, I think it will be an excess if added with comfy cushions ... I mean, the child's butt will be so spoilt, you'd have BIG problems when sending the child to pre-school (eventually, school) in the future where I'm sure the chairs in class are not added with comfy cushions.
:biggrin: :biggrin: