buying a home

tinkerball

im a first time home buyer and already applied for housing loan and approved. went to this agent from ERA and was told i have to sign an exclusive form with her meaning that once it is signed only then she will start to look for a flat for us but i cant go to a different agent. my hubby contacted a different agent from Propnex and the lady was willing to hunt for a flat for us without signing anything first but as there are more buyers than sellers right now we have to wait. what is procedures like when engaging an agent? as we dont have much cash on hand so we have to look for an agent who will able to help as much as they could.

hueychye79

im a first time home buyer and already applied for housing loan and approved. went to this agent from ERA and was told i have to sign an exclusive form with her meaning that once it is signed only then she will start to look for a flat for us but i cant go to a different agent. my hubby contacted a different agent from Propnex and the lady was willing to hunt for a flat for us without signing anything first but as there are more buyers than sellers right now we have to wait. what is procedures like when engaging an agent? as we dont have much cash on hand so we have to look for an agent who will able to help as much as they could.
I think you no need to sign the agreement with the agent from ERA. Looks like is a bit unfair for you.

Maybe you have another agent to help you get the dream house.

:001_302:

stonston

You can also look at newspaper and online. Agents usually advertise the houses they have on hand so that they can find a buyer fast.

If you get a agent to find for you, do not sign any exclusive in case you come across another unit you like. By signing exclusive, you may deprive yourself of a chance to buy a house if the owner's agent refuse to co-broke with your agent.

CanCanMum

do u have any friends who can recommend agents for u? Coz words of mouth are beta den u hunt from outside.

as far as i know, there is zero obligations when u approach them for quotations and site showrounds. So there should not be any forms to sign at all.

my experience last time during house hunting, we got the same agent who did for my hubby's aunt's house. He showed us 3 flats. Upfront we told him we only can fork out how much cash, our area preferred and when we intend to buy. He will search for all the units available and describe to me the condition, $$, who stays there and if it seems good he will bring us down to see the unit. COmpletely no obligations.

But in the end we went to buy WIS flats from HDB coz all resale flats need lots of cash upfront and we dun have enough $$ for that.

tinkerball

do you have any friends who can recommend agents for you? Coz words of mouth are beta then you hunt from outside.

as far as i know, there is zero obligations when you approach them for quotations and site showrounds. So there should not be any forms to sign at all.

my experience last time during house hunting, we got the same agent who did for my hubby's aunt's house. He showed us 3 flats. Upfront we told him we only can fork out how much cash, our area preferred and when we intend to buy. He will search for all the units available and describe to me the condition, $$, who stays there and if it seems good he will bring us down to see the unit. COmpletely no obligations.

But in the end we went to buy WIS flats from HDB coz all resale flats need lots of cash upfront and we dont have enough $$ for that.
have been applying from HDB for the past 2 years without much luck and it seems Hdb is running out of flats except for BTO. thats why we turning to open markets. the agents we enquired are recommended from frens. but it seems everywhere we turn to cash upfront is always the issue:nah:

tinkerball

You can also look at newspaper and online. Agents usually advertise the houses they have on hand so that they can find a buyer fast.

If you get a agent to find for you, do not sign any exclusive in case you come across another unit you like. By signing exclusive, you may deprive yourself of a chance to buy a house if the owner's agent refuse to co-broke with your agent.
guess wat, the agent who want to sign exclusive called and when we ask is it really necessary to sign exclusive she said yes so we say we will think 1st. then she did a turnabout and said no need to worry about exclusive. can view flats 1st:err:

MsKoh1973

Dont sign any paper witht d ERA agent, he just try to tie u down becos now pty market v bad. Last time when i got agent to buy flat, if got house that dun allow co-broke, he will give me the tel, I can and arrange myself, if he free, he will go see the house with me acting as my brother.

He hopes that after I buy the house, he could sell my old house for me, but we never "sign" anything or promise anything. Eventually i got my house myself, and i let him sell the old house.

spongebobmama

hey i had some bad experience too when i needed to sell my 5 room flat!
Agents these days are like that. However thank god i managed to find a good agent in the end. They are a couple. They are reccommended by my Friend. If you need to have their contact number you can pm me and i will pass it to you.

In any case, my agent solved some "case" for me la. Its over and i do not wish to talk about it but no harm getting reccommendations. My agent is very sincere and i would say... end of the day, you must feel comfortable.

All the best tinkerball! :)

I've got my ex ite friend as my property agent. I also very low cash term as my cpf not fat, my wife not working at the moment. He manage to get me a 3rm flat within 3 weeks when i approach him. Today just went for my 1st appt and my 2nd apptment is just 6weeks away. As wanna move in fast b4 my jr. come out to this world. So maybe if u interested, i can pm u his contact. For info, i got a 3NG for only 183k...

Propertyman

Alpha Male
Hi Tinkerball,

As a buyer,you do not need to sign any exclusive form with any agent. Buyers have the rights to approach any agent that they are comfortable with to buy houses. For all my buyers, they do not have to buy thru me if i cant find what they one. They can just go to any agents that can find them their dream home. Do feel free to look for any agent that you want...

Cheers,
Propertyman:red:

need

if parents fully settle loan amt what option for them if want their children take over

- transfer ownership
- sell to the children

???

tinkerball

Hi Tinkerball,

As a buyer,you do not need to sign any exclusive form with any agent. Buyers have the rights to approach any agent that they are comfortable with to buy houses. For all my buyers, they do not have to buy thru me if i cant find what they one. They can just go to any agents that can find them their dream home. Do feel free to look for any agent that you want...

Cheers,
Propertyman:red:
hmm.. ur a property agent? me looking for 4rm flat preferably in the west area. but hoping to get at low cash.. but cant take flat beyond 300k. any help available do PM me.:001_302:

Laila

my hubby is a property agent too. had problem with 1 ERA agent. its a divorce case n both parties can engage thier own property agent if they want to but this ERA agent is greedy. my hubby's client ex wife had signed exclusive with this agent n he die die wants my hubby's client to b under him too. my hubby did not make his client to sign exclusive until he find a buyer n the other agent did not want to work together. when my hubby call to discuss, 1001 reasons come up to avoid discussions n then can claim my hubby did not do his work some more. he also try to misguide my hubby's client n says the flat is a negative sale which when my hubby check, it wasnt. in fact the valuation of the house is 50k more than the value at time when they bought the flat. but lucky my hubby's client always go back to my hubby for advise. now, they got a buyer then my hubby's client sign exclusive with my hubby. haiz... greedy for the extra 1% but nvr think abt client's situation.

its said that ERA is a well known company but some agents r just not professionally ethical.

tinkerball

my hubby is a property agent too. had problem with 1 ERA agent. its a divorce case n both parties can engage thier own property agent if they want to but this ERA agent is greedy. my hubby's client ex wife had signed exclusive with this agent n he die die wants my hubby's client to b under him too. my hubby did not make his client to sign exclusive until he find a buyer n the other agent did not want to work together. when my hubby call to discuss, 1001 reasons come up to avoid discussions n then can claim my hubby did not do his work some more. he also try to misguide my hubby's client n says the flat is a negative sale which when my hubby check, it wasnt. in fact the valuation of the house is 50k more than the value at time when they bought the flat. but lucky my hubby's client always go back to my hubby for advise. now, they got a buyer then my hubby's client sign exclusive with my hubby. sigh... greedy for the extra 1% but never think about client's situation.

its said that ERA is a well known company but some agents are just not professionally ethical.
ur hubby's client should lodge a complaint to ERA regarding that agent for giving false information regarding the valuation of the flat. what he did is not ethical. hope that agent choked on his money.