Caesarean Section (C-Sect) - Welcome all Advices & Sharing!

gumbokins

and i would like to share my little joke that i have.as this is my first bb, and my first experience for everything. when i was being push to the recovery room after giving birth, i was covered with the blanket.my whole body fm chest till toes feel so numb and i was so drownsy and keep vomitting & shivering. i thought something happen to me, some more when one of the nurse take my pressure, she consult the senior nurse,and the senior nurse and the rest come and take a look, and keep calling my name. i thought something serious. then suddenly i saw my toes was dark grey color, like blue black.. i was so worried, thought why like that. then i ask the nurse wat happen to my legs, then the nurse told me "THAT WAS THE SOCKS". hahaha..
Did you deliver at KK? Coz when I go KK always see all the women walking around in tights hahah. My doc gave me an injection instead, but really I would prefer the socks eh. Esp since so cold at the hospi also..

faye2678

Did you deliver at KK? Coz when I go KK always see all the women walking around in tights hahah. My doc gave me an injection instead, but really I would prefer the socks eh. Esp since so cold at the hospi also..
Yes, i've seen women in tights too! i was wondering why...
Based on my past 2 labours, i told my husband i plan to wear socks and bring jacket to the delivery suite this round!

but in the OT, i'm probably going to be only draped in a thin piece of gown...? :shyxxx:

One of my bosses just shared that his wife had C-Sect too and plans to C-Sect 2nd time round now that she's pregnant. Similarly, his wife was half-conscious, meaning she did regional anaesthesia and was given morphine for pain relief. Morphine however made her very edgy and whenever it wears out, they gave her more and she became more edgy!
:Dancing_o_O:
My boss took pictures/video of the "birth" - baby's body was half-way out and the other half in the mum's belly ~ a fantastic view he describes it. :err:

gumbokins

Yes, i've seen women in tights too! i was wondering why...
Based on my past 2 labours, i told my husband i plan to wear socks and bring jacket to the delivery suite this round!

but in the OT, i'm probably going to be only draped in a thin piece of gown...? :shyxxx:

One of my bosses just shared that his wife had C-Sect too and plans to C-Sect 2nd time round now that she's pregnant. Similarly, his wife was half-conscious, meaning she did regional anaesthesia and was given morphine for pain relief. Morphine however made her very edgy and whenever it wears out, they gave her more and she became more edgy!
:Dancing_o_O:
My boss took pictures/video of the "birth" - baby's body was half-way out and the other half in the mum's belly ~ a fantastic view he describes it. :err:

my cousin watched a youtube video of the c-sect before her op. that's just....crazy. Don't need that kind of stuff now.

my DH didn't bring any cameras (think it wasn't allowed? I forget) but he peered over the screen just in time to see my baby being pulled out. He said it looked like she was hanging on for dear life and did not want to come out lol.

I also had the nurse show me my placenta (coz I wanted to see what it looked like). Big lump of meat in a bowl.

carollai

Thanks! I'm not a supporter of induced labour too... haha!
So anaesthesia makes one fairly confused!
And you forgot you put on socks... hehehehe...

Just so deciding between GA or ...
It seems like for cost-saving, GA sounds more logical.
Is it?
not i forgot, i think is the nurse help me wear after the op,:bwacko:
have u check wat the price for ga and other? compare loh. and ask yr gynae for suggestion if yr gynae is good enough,he will advice u.

carollai

ya, i delivered in kk. the tights u saw is it white color, wear till knee. that one is the following day need to wear. as during pregnancy, the legs are swollen. that's why the gynae give the tights to wear.

carollai

and dont worry for the coldness, as after you give birth you will feel terrible hot.. haha, i not too sure the rest, but i am.:001_302:

keefu

it is my gynae ask me to do so, as 2 days before i go delivery i went back to check up, the gynae told me that,if full term, i may need to c-sect, but i can choose to induce,but when i take my pressure, it is high, 140+, so my gynae ask me to induce. i went in kk early morning at 1+am, till 7+am start contraction, so i was transfered to delivery suit. my gynae only came abt 12+pm to check how many cm open, but never open, then he put in 1 more med to help me induce,as he encourage ppl to natural birth. oh my god, then me and my husband waited again until 7+pm. when the gynae came and check, still not open, then the gynae decide should emergency c-sect. fm that moment my husband so angry, as if 1st time not success, must well go c-sect straight. why need to induce one more time. i was empty stomach fm that early morning til operation.
so i would like to advice the mummy to be, if the gynae ask u to choose, either induce or c-sect, pls choose c-sect straight to avoid anything happen in between.
and i would like to share my little joke that i have.as this is my first bb, and my first experience for everything. when i was being push to the recovery room after giving birth, i was covered with the blanket.my whole body fm chest till toes feel so numb and i was so drownsy and keep vomitting & shivering. i thought something happen to me, some more when one of the nurse take my pressure, she consult the senior nurse,and the senior nurse and the rest come and take a look, and keep calling my name. i thought something serious. then suddenly i saw my toes was dark grey color, like blue black.. i was so worried, thought why like that. then i ask the nurse wat happen to my legs, then the nurse told me "THAT WAS THE SOCKS". hahaha..
We shared the similar experience... My hubby also feel that if he knew I have problems dilating in time would opt for C-Section instead of staying hospital for 4 days... But I still prefer natural cos recovery is better...

Haha the joke was funny!!! Thinking of it I also have the socks on after delivery and I don't even know when they helped me put on it. Mine is dark brown in colour maybe blue black colour out of stock liao haha

faye2678

Ahh... Coming Monday I'm going to see my Ob for one of the last visits.
Concurrently do an in-house scan to check the positions of my twins...
:eek:15: A little worried.. hehe!

Well, if they're still breeched, guess I cannot escape C-section.
Have discussed with my husband that I should go semi-conscious so that he could be in the OT to witness our babies birth. :001_302:

Phew! Approx. 4 weeks to D-day!

ellyeun

im going for mine in exactly 2weeks time!! going for epi csect!~~ starting to feel anxious..!
just wanna find out usually right after OP nurse will help us put on the abdominal blind? and after that? do we need to buy another type of bind or corset ?
If so, any particular brands is good?

faye2678

Hi Everyone,

Just an update...
:Dancing_tongue:
Today's visit to the doctor showed that my twins have turned down!
Heartbeats are good and I'm good too. Cervix still closed so not ready for labour.
(I'm not ready mentally to be in labour either! haha!)

Doc says I can now try for natural delivery. But I have prepared myself that I might still need C-section, for whatever reason.

I'd like to thank all of you who have contributed to this thread and share your experiences/ stories/ tips. I am now more informed of what to expect from a caesarean section delivery. So many thanks to all! :001_302:

Will keep you folks posted on my next visit in 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I hereby wish all of you a Blessed Christmas Season and have a splendid start to a Joyous New Year! Wishing good health to all and your loved ones.
:wong2:

camom

im going for mine in exactly 2weeks time!! going for epi csect!~~ starting to feel anxious..!
just wanna find out usually right after OP nurse will help us put on the abdominal blind? and after that? do we need to buy another type of bind or corset ?
I used Dale,easily avail at hospital pharmacies. Whether or not there's a binder depends on the gynae, I guess. For my 1st c-sec, it was a standard item in the gynae's package. For my 2nd gynae, he didn't incl tis so I bought it on my own.

keefu

I am using dale abdorminal binder but I need to buy from KK pharmacy... The nurse will only advise us to buy only.

keefu

Hi Everyone,

Just an update...
:Dancing_tongue:
Today's visit to the doctor showed that my twins have turned down!
Heartbeats are good and I'm good too. Cervix still closed so not ready for labour.
(I'm not ready mentally to be in labour either! haha!)

Doc says I can now try for natural delivery. But I have prepared myself that I might still need C-section, for whatever reason.

I'd like to thank all of you who have contributed to this thread and share your experiences/ stories/ tips. I am now more informed of what to expect from a caesarean section delivery. So many thanks to all! :001_302:

Will keep you folks posted on my next visit in 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I hereby wish all of you a Blessed Christmas Season and have a splendid start to a Joyous New Year! Wishing good health to all and your loved ones.
:wong2:
Congrats! No matter how normal delivery is the better method so hope you have a smooth delivery~ Keep us updated and enjoy the coming festive season too!

builiuliu

Hi, mummies who went thru c-sect, do u have bloated tummy after the ops? How long does it take to flatten the tummy?