Can the mods or Admin start a sticky with consolidated listings of centres?

i am sure many mommies would agree it would be immensedly helpful to have a consolidated listing of all infantcare/nursery/playgroup/chilcare/preschool centres by location along with consumer feedback & experience.

my dear son is reaching 18 months veeeeery soon (so fast!! can still rem i join this forum just after giving birth!) & so looking out for playgroups around our area. but it's hard when listings are sporadic & user feedback/comments are all over the place!

as it stands, SG even with a worldclass education system, does NOT have an above average preschool/childcare system. centres are not yet required to be centrally certified (eg. MOE), preschool teachers are borderline qualified (where do they come from??), & now we dont't even have a central body that collects listings and feedback.

with no governing body to answer to & nothing to be accountable for, why should childcare centres provide better service? & SG already has such a dismal birth rate!!

i dont think this is the first time a mommy raises this issue, but can we start doing something about it? pls mods & admins, call for listings of all known childcare centres (all types) from the thousands of mommies here, & implement a systematic process for submitting feedback & user experience.

let's ensure that childcare centre operators know that their ricebowls ARE determined by their customers, & if they dont treat parents with mutual respect, & honour the children with dignity, then they WILL be blacklisted & boycotted!

we have such a rigorous system for our financial affairs ... why not for our children??

edy

Administrator
Staff member
This is definetely a good idea ... I am suppose the best way to do this setting up a sub forum for north, south, west and east and each of them have those school name as thread title or child forum ?

littlehelper

Mayb you can start a topic for Schools (0-6)? then sub topic - north south east west
Then have the different centers under each area.

yes please, whichever is most organised / systematic / works best. But in order to be successful, mommies & daddies need to start contributing. & admins need to start putting together a system where feedback / user experience given is measurable, e.g. rating scale 1 - 10; measuring helpfulness, care, child satisfaction, customer service, etc

Mayb you can start a topic for Schools (0-6)? then sub topic - north south east west
Then have the different centers under each area.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
We are in the mids of adding those schools ... as of now child care centers are added based on the region.

Please take a look and let me know if it is something which you are looking for :)

littlehelper

thanks admin for doing up the centers :D
How do we contribute to the centers in each division?
Do we start new thread under that division?

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Yes ... it would be under new thread under each area.

I have implemented a review system which takes user rating.

May I know what type of rating category is need to rate a school?

Currently i have set 4 types for testing purpose

CanCanMum

some suggestion:

1) Competitiveness/Price/Environment/Cleanliness

2) Teaching Methods and Philosophy / Ensure syllabus is to MOE requirements (constantly)

3) Staff strength and Professionalism