Cant stand my mil, do u?

frustrated86

Hackers13jo: omg your move is what my mother in law been thinking.. She hinted to me that she wanted to sell her house then stay with us temp.. But I tink tts her excuse to move in with us.. I told her we dont have room for them cox I'm planning for 2nd baby after moving hope she will give up..

Felicity: IL are like that , they always think it is parents duty to educate the child.. Sometimes I get very frustrated when I punish my son, they always interfere.. But for sake of your kids ,you gt to state your stand firmly. For me when I punish him I will ask them to leave us alone.. Is always difficult no master what. If you too strict they find you too harsh on them, you not strict they say you can't even educate your own child.. sigh... There is too much constraints n concern with them around..

For now most important is to enjoy your preggy moment.. dont let the unknown problem affects you, No 1 noes what will happen maybe everything will turns out fine.. :)

Last edited:

felicity

frustrated86 ya it's so frustrating! yes it's parents duty, or the caretaker's duty to educate them. seriously if i can afford to not work and be full time caretaker, i jolly well take care of my baby and discipline my baby myself, no need to let them! if they are trusted to be the caretaker, they should also do their part to discipline the kids, right?!

their other grandchildren is really spoilt, have no respect for elders, nv greet ppl, very arrogant and always want their way and never give in to adults. it's not right because at a tender young age, adults are the authority! (studied childhood psychology b4) but in their case, they always behave like they are the authority over all adults! i seldom see kids as badly behaved as them. i pity their teachers in future.

yup i'll try to enjoy the moment while it lasts... thanks frustrated86!

frustrated86

Agree if I can afford I would rather be full time mum.. Initially We wanted to place my son in infant care but my mil quit her job cox she wanted to tk care of the baby.. So no choice let her be gt to close 1 eyes... All i can say is we handle things differently.. N when U try to tok to them they won't listen cox they tink we r young n inexperience n treat us like kids.. I hate it when she treat me like a child.. I'm already a mum I know wat to do best for me kid..

Preggy is a wonderful period I enjoy alot n still missing it.. ( alot of advantages ) haha!!! Envy ;)

lyra

I was reading this and my husband saw and asked me "Why? You can't stand my mom?" haha. I think so far so good because we are not staying together. As long as we are not staying together, our relationship will be fine. Its not the problem with anyone in particular but staying together is difficult. My relationship with my siblings only got better when we are not staying together. So as much as possible, stay apart, and encourage them to be independent, but visit them occasionally to show we care.

felicity

i really wish i could stay apart. when i wasy young my mum said when i marry i must not stay with ILs to reduce conflict and have a happier life. i was like "me? stay with ILs? over my dead body! of course i won't!"

alas! said too soon... now undead and staying with in laws, who hv sold their own place to stay with my hubby, and my hubby is like the most filial son ever, and sort of have promised his parents that he will forever stay with them =/

fortunately MIL agreed that i go my parents' place for confinement and can let them take care... because age is catching up and she is tired and sick of the other pampered grandkids she has brought up. MIL also does all the housework at home as i work long hours... so i really must count my blessings!