Car Seat Tantrums

Cream

Hi,

My gal is 11 months. Recently, she starts to cry like there's no tomorrow when we put her on the car seat. And even if we carry her after that, she will continue to cry and cry and cry. She will even fight me by turning here and there while I carry her. This makes bringing her out so tough. Any advise?

Oh, by the way, we did give her loads of things to distract her. Even treats that she loves. But nothing seems to work.

yan2

Give her sometime, she is not used to buckle up. Tell her, must buckle up if not , knocked and head pain pain.

Continued to buckle her up is for her own safety.

tika

Hi,

My gal is 11 months. Recently, she starts to cry like there's no tomorrow when we put her on the car seat. And even if we carry her after that, she will continue to cry and cry and cry. She will even fight me by turning here and there while I carry her. This makes bringing her out so tough. Any advise?

Oh, by the way, we did give her loads of things to distract her. Even treats that she loves. But nothing seems to work.
your baby's avatar so adorable!

this is a toughie since you say you've tried all sorts of things to distract her. Hmmm....Have you tried playing a kid's cd for her listening pleasure ?

Hi,

My gal is 11 months. Recently, she starts to cry like there's no tomorrow when we put her on the car seat. And even if we carry her after that, she will continue to cry and cry and cry. She will even eme by turning here and there while I carry her. This makes bringing her out so tough. Any advise?

Had the same prob with my gal too when she was younger. But like what the others have said, I still buckled her up till she learnt that if she wants to sit in the car, that's what she has to do.

I also talked to her about buckling up before we enter the car and in the car itself, I'll show her that I had to buckle up and daddy did the same. After awhile (or a long while, i must say), she gets the idea.

Phoebii Cheng

For my son, whenever he refuses to sit on the car seat, I told my hubby to just strap him anyway, let him cry, cos' after he cry and cry and cry, and we keep on ignoring him, soon he gets the message that he hv to sit there, after he has calmed down, I will normally tell him that the car seat is to keep him safe

And like what rambling mummy says, till he gets the idea

Nowadays, we downloaded some of his fav cartoons so no struggle at all

But if your daughter even after you carrying her still cries, I think stop a while on the car seat first, then try again a few days later when you go out, keep on trying cos' car seat keeps them safe

Cream

Thanks for all the replies... I did talk to her about being safe and all, but I doubt she understands me... lol. I tried ignoring her too but the way she cries and struggle is really quite scary... I think she is gonna be a stubborn and headstrong person when she grows up. haha... I wish I can video down the way she protest and show all of you. Now I even have phobia bring her out in the car.

PinkDiamonds

My daughter recently also had her car seat tantrum. Usually she's okay with being in the car seat. She'll cry and struggle, then when we're done strapping immediately she will stop. What I usually do is give her her comfort soft toy and she'll be okay. :)

Cream

Pink Diamond, you are so lucky. We cannot even strap her in, and even if we did succeed in strapping her, she will struggle and scream and wiggle and twist and turn until her face is red. So scary!

fioncess

Had the same prob with my gal too when she was younger. But like what the others have said, I still buckled her up till she learnt that if she wants to sit in the car, that's what she has to do.

I also talked to her about buckling up before we enter the car and in the car itself, I'll show her that I had to buckle up and daddy did the same. After awhile (or a long while, i must say), she gets the idea.
this is wat i do too.. when she is in the car seat no matter how she cry i will not carry her till we reaching under our block. after a while she get the idea, she know no matter how she cry she still have to buckle up.
when my baby sit rear facing she hate the carseat. recently i let turn the carseat to front facing she is ok. doesnt even need me to play with her. she'll look out the window and always looking at the rear view mirror hoping daddy will play with her...
so far so good. cross finger.

littlehelper

Get out of the house earlier than needed.
Place her in the car seat let her scream and tell her you are not starting the car till she stops.
Its gonna be a long long long time but u can stand outside with doors open and all and wait until she stops.

Or mayb she needs a new car seat?One where she can look out of the window...