CCTV to monitor maid

Wanted to get a maid badly coz the current nanny 'accidentally' burnt my baby girl's face! After searching, I finally got a transfer maid from Indonesia whom spoke English & Malay. Her ex-employer is unable to afford her salary…Anyone has experience with transfer maid, please share…

Secondly, since everyone will be out working, I thought of installing a CCTV to monitor her. I have asked the agent & she said its okay to do so…Do anyone has recommendation on CCTV?

I hope she would ill-treated her as I think considering the work she has to do, its really easy. Baby's priority will come 1st, followed by household. She doesn’t have to cook for us…Washing of toilets/ heavy household can be done on weekends when my mum will be taking care of baby…

apollo

i agree with Mskoh1973, infant care is safer. if u wanna hire a maid, u shd at least at with her for a few weeks to guide her. but u're wking nw right? so i doubt u r able to do tt unless ur mum can help u to guide her for the 1st few weeks, or even mths..

i think infant care is better cos the 'teacher' there are more pro in babies i think. most imptly, they wont abuse them haha... but one bad thing is, the chances of ur baby getting ill is higher..

littlehelper

How did the nanny burn your child's face?! Terrifing.
Infant care is more reliable though you can't say for sure about the things they do there...
If you have a maid is it possible if your mum stay in the house to watch her?
If not i think maid is not trustable either.

Bae919

I truly understand your case. Both me and hubby are working. I'm lucky my mom stayed with us for 1st 6 months to help maid take care of my son. But now she went back to home country and I am faced to leave my son with maid.

First thing is, it is ok to install CCTV, some agencies even say it is recommended. I installed in our home because I really cannot concentrate on work knowing my son alone with non-family member (believe me, no maid however good will be good enough for you to feel you can trust at first).

I felt it was decent to tell my maid though so we installed it at home where and when she can see, we also showed her where the camera's are angled so she knows where she has privacy. We only focus on areas where my son will be at all times and not on areas he will never be brought like kitchen and bathrooms.

Buying proper CCTV is not easy especially when you have no idea how to look for right one. Me and hubby spent 3 weekends searching and learning. Ended up buying korean rather taiwan or china made (bought in Sim Lim tower only 1 store there sold very nice people and price very good). This is because korean one has nicer software interface vs taiwan or china one. Software looks like actual programme you can easily understand.

Our DVR not only records but telecasts over the internet so i can view my son at any time during the day in the office. can also use some PDA phones to view. Also, my mom can see abroad through a website.

PM me if you want more details. I am glad to help as i understand fully. Infant care is good alternative for some but to each his own i believe.

the burnt mark was like a 50cent coin...knew what she told me? she forgot 2 test the water & that day was v hot, she bath her (wash hair 1st) with tap water + hot water from water heater & accidentally kana my girl...1st qns: if she was burnt during bathing, shdnt the head be burnt also? nope, only the face kana...2nd qns: water splash, so if face burnt, it shd be a whole patches, y isit only a circle mark? 3rd qns: nanny's hand shd b the 1st 2 get in contact with the water, dint she feel the hottness? went 2 see a GP was told things wasnt so simple...went back 2 ask nanny, she insisted that girl was burnt/ rather scald by hot water.

ever since i nv give her take care of girl, she treated me differently. i mean, we neighbours mah, just stay side by side...i nv give u take care but as a manner, shd greet each other mah...anyway, i also nv scolded her or wad...i still treated her as frenx b4 that...knowing she has financial difficulties, i gave her baby 4 avent milk bottles etc...nvm lor, since pple wana like this, what can i do?

infant care, its not i dunwan, i cant really afford...i went 2 check my area, lowest is $500. i can only afford $300 (i am the only 1 supporting girl, that's y)...so my sis helped...we each pay $300 to get a maid...

my mama dun dare 2 take care baby de, somemore she is those sleep in the day time one...so dunwana give her stress...no choice gota leave girl with maid...we called every 1/2 hr home & my sis's neighbour also go over occassionally 2 take a look...

anyway, bringing her back 2 msia for a month coz this 'goong' mummy duno hw 2 cook porridge etc...

pinkieekaren

My maid is exactly the same like yes trnf n yes she's gd in the start thn slowly all attitude cones out wad is gd abt get is tt she dote on my kids bt still there's slot of bad things abt her! mil is curreny st hme wen I'm wk bcas I just reliever nt long m she's worry maid will be bad

Wanted to get a maid badly coz the current nanny 'accidentally' burnt my baby girl's face! After searching, I finally got a transfer maid from Indonesia whom spoke English & Malay. Her ex-employer is unable to afford her salary…Anyone has experience with transfer maid, please share…

Secondly, since everyone will be out working, I thought of installing a CCTV to monitor her. I have asked the agent & she said its okay to do so…Do anyone has recommendation on CCTV?

I hope she would ill-treated her as I think considering the work she has to do, its really easy. Baby's priority will come 1st, followed by household. She doesn’t have to cook for us…Washing of toilets/ heavy household can be done on weekends when my mum will be taking care of baby…

employ maid also have challenges. I think maybe should put in CCTV for the safety of our baby. I am kind of dilemma, whether to engage maid or get a baby sitter.

knuckles

Hi Mummies,

Just to introduce an affordable and high quality wireless IP camera for maid surveillance, features include
1) Pan:300°& Tilt:120° control - Wide coverage to view the entire room, can remote control from 3G phone
2) Auto IR-LED for night vision - No need to on lights at night, can also view very clearly
3) Allow 3G/iPhone viewing & recording on PC
4) Motion detection alert via email
5) Multi-level users management - Both daddy and mummy can login at same time to view
6) No monthly/ yearly subscription fee and no need to on computer 24/7 to view.

Now at only $155 (one set) or $300 (2 sets). Simply enter "SGMUM" in order form of www.foscamsingapore.sg
Definitely much more value for money than CCTVs which need ugly cablings and cost more than $1000 for multi-sets.

AngelTan

My maid is exactly the same like yes trnf n yes she's gd in the start thn slowly all attitude cones out wad is gd abt get is tt she dote on my kids bt still there's slot of bad things abt her! mil is curreny st hme wen I'm wk bcas I just reliever nt long m she's worry maid will be bad
I think it is important to install CCTV.
I just read an article on Installing CCTV for Home.

It is scary sometime just to think what is happening in the house when you are not at home with your maid.

Anniston

I installed CCTV cam at my home... just avoid privacy areas like toilet and room where your maid sleeps. MOM prohibit employer from installing CCTV in room. Apart from monitoring my maid, I can also see what my kids are doing! :)

Sheasjoe

We are both working parent and I just installed few IP Camera in my house.
Without Camera I really dare not put my kids alone with the maid where there are too many unhappy cases happened.
Not I don't trust the maid but I feel more comfort with those camera at home.
I let the maid know about the Camera and hope there understand my meaning.

I search from internet(Q010, Carousell most common at singapore) and I found that mostly sell in crazy high price....
Finally I found 1 good price and good item from this guy at Carousell,
He is selling 2 type of camera
360 ip cam other people selling $188 - $288 but he only selling about $100 - $120.
110 Angle ip cam ther people selling $50 - $70 but he only selling $35

Starting I worry whether it is pirated or fake item, once I bought 1 he guide me how to install with free where some charges too. I used it for about 4 month and so far so good all the item.
1 thing is I need to collect from him by myself.
You can contact him directly at 92237598 - CK.

He will explain more for you.
** I hope mother and parent can buy good item with lower price too so that we can save some money. Everything is pricey but salary not really increase so much that why both parent have to work and we have no choice to install IP Cam or CCTV.

Last edited:

fantalicious

Hi fellow mummies,
I would like to share my traumatic experience with this Carousell seller (Carousell Username: installationcctv). Seller's name is Dylan and his mobile number is 82772920. He sells V380 brand of CCTV cameras.
Not only did Dylan sell defective cameras to me and went MIA during the 1 year warranty period, he is also suspected of invasion of privacy.
Dylan told me not to set any password as many of his customers would forget their passwords and it would be a huge hassle to reset these. I naively trusted him and only discovered he was spying on my husband and I in our master bedroom when the camera lens would move by itself to focus on our bed in the middle of the night.

I have already made a police report today, Report No: E/20170705/2025
This case is currently under investigation and the investigating officer in charge of this case is urging other buyers who have experienced unscrupulous business practice and/or invasion of privacy issues in relation to Dylan to contact him (Song Jian Li: 63918464).
Fellow mummies, pls beware of this seller, Dylan.