Cervix dilation test...

Harmy

Hey mummies

At what stage which week did your gyane start checking your cervix for dilation??

Did you ask to be checked or do they just check??

And is it painful?

PinkDiamonds

At about week 37/38 i think. The gynae will usually tell you that he/she will check your cervix for dilation. Mine also did a swab test to look for infection.

It's not painful if you relax, though you may experience a slight discomfort.

pinkwipes

Hey mummies

At what stage which week did your gyane start checking your cervix for dilation??

And is it painful?
I took mine at 38th week.
My gynae will let me know prior that the next visit she's doing the cervix check.
At least I have mental preparation. :)

As for pain level, it's not painful.
However, for some people, they do experience pain.
It really depends on the skills and experience of the gyane/nurse that's checking for you.
I have low pain threshold, and it's really not painful. :)

HTHs. ^^

lonerjas

I took mine at 38th week.
My gynae will let me know prior that the next visit she's doing the cervix check.
At least I have mental preparation. :)

As for pain level, it's not painful.
However, for some people, they do experience pain.
It really depends on the skills and experience of the gyane/nurse that's checking for you.
I have low pain threshold, and it's really not painful. :)

HTHs. ^^
is pain lor... haha my pain threshold is HIGH but i tink cos the nurse do is very rough that y is pain... i nv did in my gynae clinic b4.. my check was when i went induce in delivery suite they very rough and F*** pain

pinkwipes

is pain ... haha my pain threshold is HIGH but i tink cos the nurse do is very rough that why is pain... i never did in my gynae clinic before.. my check was when i went induce in delivery suite they very rough and F*** pain
Ya, that's why it's really dependent on the skills and experience of the person checking for you.
Cos I read online through forums and official sources, all advised it's gonna be painful.
However, I feel no pain at all for my check.
And I'm only 1CM dilated at that point of check.
So Harmy, try not to worry to much! :)

newbie2009

Hey mummies

And is it painful?
Mine start at week 38. From what i understand, some of the gynae do help to "speed up dilation" by trying to stretch your cervix. However it can be rather painful.

When are you due?

karoru

mine was checked quite a few times coz i experience early contractions... the first time was when i was around 33 weeks... i agreed that it reali depends on the person checking... coz all along was just discomfort but the last time was super duper painful coz the duty doc was so rough... argh!!!

diymummy

Mine was painful. o_O

I had to go through emergency c-sect at 36wks. So gynae wanted to check if I could do natural.

Mine could be painful because I wasn't dilated yet.

newbie2009

Mine was painful. o_O

I had to go through emergency c-sect at 36wks. So gynae wanted to check if I could do natural.

Mine could be painful because I wasn't dilated yet.
Your gynae was trying to trying to stretch your cervix to kick start the dilation process for you. Its indeed a very very painful process.

CarolOng

I was checked for dilation when i'm in my 38 wks b'cos i'm gg to be induce 2 days later. I was already 3cm dilated. when admitted to hospital for induction, i'm 4cm.

Not painful, jus abit uncomfortable.

PinkDiamonds

I was still 1cm at 1 day before my EDD. So my gynae had to stretch it to 1.5cm. That was super uncomfortable! But you know what, I would never imagine letting a male gynae do it for me

pinkwipes

how are you coping with the preg? excited about the delivery? going for natural birth? considered using epidural?
Pregnancy is quite a breeze for me, so far.
Just did cervix check with Dr. Irene Chua today. :) Still only 1CM dilated. LOL.
I'm opting for natural birth, hoping that I do not need to use epidural.
But giving birth is not a pain enduring test, so if I really need e medication, I will have it, I guess.
LOL.
I'm excited, and kind of anticipating the unknown.
Just hope baby's fine! ^^

newbie2009

Pregnancy is quite a breeze for me, so far.
Just did cervix check with Dr. Irene Chua today. :) Still only 1CM dilated. LOL.
I'm opting for natural birth, hoping that I do not need to use epidural.
But giving birth is not a pain enduring test, so if I really need e medication, I will have it, I guess.
LOL.
I'm excited, and kind of anticipating the unknown.
Just hope baby's fine! ^^
which week are you at now? U are under good hands, Dr irene will take good care of you. wish u all the best.

pinkwipes

which week are you at now? you are under good hands, Dr irene will take good care of you. wish you all the best.
Ya, I know I'm in good hands, I love her! (:)
My EDD is on 5th Oct. Still have upcoming another appt on 8th Oct.
See if my girl wants to arrive sooner than 8th.
If not, might need to induce liaos.

Harmy

I'm at 38 weeks and 4 days... my doc checked my cervix yday as i told her i had a bloody show thing... she said im 1cm dilated and baby should be due within a week... luckily it wasnt painful she just told me to relax and the nurse helped me breathe through it so was ok :D

I just want my baby to hurry up and come out now!!

pinkwipes

I'm at 38 weeks and 4 days... my doc checked my cervix yday as i told her i had a bloody show thing... she said im 1cm dilated and baby should be due within a week... luckily it wasnt painful she just told me to relax and the nurse helped me breathe through it so was ok :D

I just want my baby to hurry up and come out now!!
I had a check at 38 weeks, 1CM dilated too.
Now almost 40 weeks, I'm still 1CM dilated.
And one more checkup to go a week later. (:)
Hope you and your baby will come out on time tooo!