Cervix dilation test...

Melancholy

Hey mummies

At what stage which week did your gyane start checking your cervix for dilation??

Did you ask to be checked or do they just check??

And is it painful?
I just did mine at my 37 weeks checkup.. Its really really painful.. Wonder is it because the doctor is too rough.. I almost scream out =x And there was bleeding after the check.. Den i was having brown discharge for like 2 days..

iwan2noe

I also would like to knw at which week will they start checking the Cervix?? my next check is 36 week..
Hi angelwendy,
my Gynae checked me for dilation on my 37th wk and 38th wk. To see if I'm dilated enuff go for delivery. If there r some obvious signs, he will do ctg test to scan bb's heartbeat to make sure that bb is safe and fine..if not he will advise u to admit to hospital to wait for labour:)

This is my experience, hope it helps;)!

angelwendy

I just did mine at my 37 weeks checkup.. Its really really painful.. Wonder is it because the doctor is too rough.. I almost scream out =x And there was bleeding after the check.. then i was having brown discharge for like 2 days..

Hope that my gynae will be gentle with me.... :err: i know is normal to bleed... but just a bit scare pain.. haha

angelwendy

Hi angelwendy,
my Gynae checked me for dilation on my 37th wk and 38th wk. To see if I'm dilated enuff go for delivery. If there are some obvious signs, he will do ctg test to scan baby's heartbeat to make sure that baby is safe and fine..if not he will advise you to admit to hospital to wait for labour:)

This is my experience, hope it helps;)!
Oh.. means that i got one more to go before he check on me... hee.. thanks

kichi

This thread of checking of cervix reminds me of my own experience. I just delivered at TMC last week and had a horrible experience with the nurses at the observation ward. They were very rough and even scolded me for being tense. How not to be tense when it is so painful when someone's fingers are put in ?Besides I had an inexperienced one the 1st time who could not detect and had to call the more experienced one in. So I was probed for nothing the 1st time. Feel so violated, some more got scolded !!! Wait till I probe her, see how she feel....

angelwendy

This thread of checking of cervix reminds me of my own experience. I just delivered at Thomson Medical Center last week and had a horrible experience with the nurses at the observation ward. They were very rough and even scolded me for being tense. How not to be tense when it is so painful when someone's fingers are put in ?Besides I had an inexperienced one the 1st time who could not detect and had to call the more experienced one in. So I was probed for nothing the 1st time. Feel so violated, some more got scolded !!! Wait till I probe her, see how she feel....

Wah... how can she like that?? did u scold her on the spot??

kichi

no, in too much pain and forgot. Next time must scold back and ask her how she feel if I also probe her the way she probe me....

lekdao

My gynae did not check until the day i deliver. checked by the midwife at 3pm plus 5cm dilated. next check at abt 5:30pm by my gynae 6cm dilated. Gynae asked me want to induce, baby can come out faster? if not hv to wait till abt 8-9pm.

YES, coz hate lying on the bed waiting for the time to come. LOL ... after the drip is on, gynae called my hubby "Where are u?" The baby is coming out soon. Hubby was hving his dinner at home, immediately he rushed to hospital. Stepped into the labor suite less then 15mins, the baby was out.

babybull

Hope that my gynae will be gentle with me.... :err: i know is normal to bleed... but just a bit scare pain.. haha
Hihi your gynae is Dr Tham right? Don't worry he's super gentle, when he checks it doesn't hurt at all unlike the checks done by nurses at the observation ward... that's a totally different story..

Oh and he only checked me at 38 or 39 weeks.

Last edited:

angelwendy

Hihi your gynae is Dr Tham right? dont't worry he's super gentle, when he checks it doesn't hurt at all unlike the checks done by nurses at the observation ward... that's a totally different story..

Oh and he only checked me at 38 or 39 weeks.

:001_302: yup is Doc tham.... oh ok.. so i shall wait till 38 or 39 weeks then... thanks....

iwan2noe

:001_302: yup is Doc tham.... oh ok.. so i shall wait till 38 or 39 weeks then... thanks....
It depends also. sometimes if required, most gynae will check cervix by week 37, esp after they check the bb's heartbeat with CTG machine.
Some baby cant wait till wk 39 as they may have been engaged and ready to be borned :)

Do note...

angelia286

I am onto my 39 week and 5 days.. and my last checkup was on my 39 weeks and 1 day, and No the gynae did not do any checks for me besides the usual heart beat and blood pressure test.

So.. when must the doctor check for cervix dilation? During labour??

iwan2noe

I am onto my 39 week and 5 days.. and my last checkup was on my 39 weeks and 1 day, and No the gynae did not do any checks for me besides the usual heart beat and blood pressure test.

That's weird. Usu gynae will check for dilation at ard wk 37.. u may wanna ask ur dr to check for ur cervix dilation

angelia286

That's weird. Usu gynae will check for dilation at around wk 37.. you may wanna ask your dr to check for your cervix dilation
Yeah ~ I have been reading on the forum that they do that.. But apparently that was not done for me. Thanks for your advise. I will ask the doctor about it this coming Wednesday.

lekdao

My gynae checked during my labour. My 1st girl was born on 39 weeks+ and 2nd gal born on 38 weeks+.

angelwendy

Hi Mummy.... This few days i feel that my below ( virginal ) have some stretching feeling & is like something pushing... sometime will get a little pain... but the pain is not that bad.... do anyone of u have the same as me?? is it maybe is softening or cervix dilate a bit?? me next week sat will let my gynae know as i got appt with him... but just wana ask if anyone got same??:err:

Interesting, sounds like baby is coming?

...so far i have no signs at all :( baby low, head half engaged gynae said hope to see me again before my next check up on next Friday..Hinting maybe due soon but not guaranteed?...evryday is waiting game...

shiyi

...so far i have no signs at all :( baby low, head half engaged gynae said hope to see me again before my next check up on next Friday..Hinting maybe due soon but not guaranteed?...evryday is waiting game...
so excited right? hehehe

angelwendy

Ya i can understand the feeling of waiting... haha me had been waiting for so long for the big day to come... i hope mine is a sign of baby is coming soon... cause this few days below having that feeling....