Cervix dilation test...

Justina

I don't understand. One doctor put the fingers in and says 1cm or 2cm or 4 or 5 cm. Are their fingers rulers??? Anyone knows how? They can measure even up to the '0.5cm'!! Puzzles me!! I was too concern about giving birth for last 2 experience never got this question in mind but come to think of it isn't it puzzling?

Anyone giving birth soon can help to ask??
:err:

iwan2noe

Hey mummies

At what stage which week did your gyane start checking your cervix for dilation??

Did you ask to be checked or do they just check??

And is it painful?
Hi, I did my cervix dilation test on wk 37. My gynae didnt inform me that he is doing the test prior to wk 37. Sio I only know when i visited him then he tell me that he is gg to do the test.

iwan2noe

I was still 1cm at 1 day before my EDD. So my gynae had to stretch it to 1.5cm. That was super uncomfortable! But you know what, I would never imagine letting a male gynae do it for me
Yes, u are right! I also feel so.. hahaha! so embarassessed and weird to let a male gynae dilate for u.....:embarrassed:

Dont think my doc 'stretch' anything or actually check dilation for me.. How come? :err:

Hey iwan2noe and shiyi, did you guys get contraction pains or waterbag broke or had bloody show?

shiyi

Dont think my doc 'stretch' anything or actually check dilation for me.. How come? :err:

Hey iwan2noe and shiyi, did you guys get contraction pains or waterbag broke or had bloody show?
my gynae did help me 'stretched' a lil during my 2nd dilation check..soon, im in labour 3days after :)

i had some brown gooish discharge after the check, which i tot is normal.. but it lasted till thurs.
den on thurs nite i started to exp some pain which comes n goes with a 20min interval..tot its juz a stomachache so din bother..

untill it lasted till the nex morning den i realise perhaps theres sthg wrong..so called the hosp, told nurse my sympthons n she ask me to go down for a check.

when hubby came to pick me up, my contractions r comin every 5mins but the pain still bearable.

the nurse checked and im aldy 3cm dilated so sent me str8 to labour ward.

water bag only broke few hrs later..the water gushed out suddenly and sprayed till the bed's end

my gynae did help me 'stretched' a lil during my 2nd dilation check..soon, im in labour 3days after :)

i had some brown gooish discharge after the check, which i thought is normal.. but it lasted till thurs.
then on thurs nite i started to exp some pain which comes n goes with a 20min interval..thought its just a stomachache so did not bother..

untill it lasted till the nex morning then i realise perhaps theres sthg wrong..so called the hospital, told nurse my sympthons n she ask me to go down for a check.

when hubby came to pick me up, my contractions r comin every 5mins but the pain still bearable.

the nurse checked and im already 3cm dilated so sent me str8 to labour ward.

water bag only broke few hours later..the water gushed out suddenly and sprayed till the bed's end
whoa.....maybe i shud ask doc to stretch me to fasten process...:001_302:

haha.. i got this thinking as well... haha... naughty thinking.. but will gynae allow this to happen if we request?? haha.. later kana scold...
Got another method..do it vigorously with ur hubby. :we2Randy-git:
My friend did that almost everyday till she delivers..apparently it is such a smooth delivery that lasted only 4 hrs labour!
Hee~~

shiyi

Got another method..do it vigorously with your hubby. :we2Randy-git:
My friend did that almost everyday till she delivers..apparently it is such a smooth delivery that lasted only 4 hours labour!
Hee~~
haha my hubb dun dare to do it from 37wks onwards..he was afraid i mite bleed or wat