child stomachache

redjn

any of you mummies out there have any ways of easing a child complaining stomach pain?

what will you do next after doing the below selection & still child complain pain?
  1. Rub & massage stomach with Ru Yi You 如意油
  2. feed the medicine that suspose to ease the pain (either Chinese / English Medicine)
  3. what is the time frame you give to your self before taking child to doctor

candy_ian

my son is too young to tell me if he has tummyaches but anyway when my niece was staying with us when she tells me tummyache then i rub ru yi oil on her tummy n ask her any other symptoms like constipation, diarrhea or nausea. wld give her a cup of warm water too. If pain gets severe then will bring her to dr if not monitor overnight n see if tummyache still there the next day.

stonston

If it's stomach pain & it not painful until keep crying, I normally won't bring to doctor. Only if got diarrhea, vomiting or severe pain then I'll bring to doctor.

redjn

well, my boy had the stomach pain 2 days back in the middle of the night. I applied RuYiYou still every half hr he will wakes up & cry complaining pain then I repeat the oil apply & even give him the medicine prescribed by a TCM for the stomach pain, the wake up continue every 45 mins till 3am then he sleep thro the night (previously when he chad the pain, after taking med, he is ok after half hr) then morning comes he wakes telling no more pain & off to nursery he was ok....

jasobias

well, my boy had the stomach pain 2 days back in the middle of the night. I applied RuYiYou still every half hr he will wakes up & cry complaining pain then I repeat the oil apply & even give him the medicine prescribed by a traditional chinese medicine for the stomach pain, the wake up continue every 45 mins till 3am then he sleep thro the night (previously when he chad the pain, after taking med, he is ok after half hr) then morning comes he wakes telling no more pain & off to nursery he was ok....
could be trapped gas.As long no vomitting or diarrhea or fever i dont think need see dr.Just give him light food for few days.

redjn

sigh~~after feeling better after tuesday, yesterday morning happen again. this time I rather not risk it as he had a light vomit but after vomitting he is running wild like nothing had happened. But I told my mum to take him to the GP just to get an assurance. GP told mum that he has lot of kid patients lately having the same prob, he assured us that it is just as trapped gas. I just put boy to sleep, he vomitted just now ~~~~ now i cant sleep sigh ~~~~

Li Huan

my girl used to complain tummy ache very often when she is young. I will usually use the essential oil to massage her tummy and back. Then I realise that sometime she cant tell if its hungry or tummy ache. When she is older, I will usually track if she pass motion as she had constipation. Nowadays, I will massage her Large Intestine Meridian daily.

For info on Meridian and Meridian Massage, check out Beacon LOHAS Website - Events and click on the massage workshop, there is an explanation.

cheers :wong29:

redjn

Thanks for enlighting me on the subj. In the n, I when to c my PD whom give boy medicine since Monday my boy condition had stablised as of today he is ok now & eating well. :eek: what a relief :)