Cleaning Ear Wax

jellybnzw

Actually I don't think you need to clean. Just let it fall out. Only clean the external. Cos baby's ears are very delicate. Unless you suspect any problems then bring to pd/doc. Otherwise best to leave it alone.

somenifty

I didn't clean the ears too because the doctor say no need. After some time, my baby's ears become dark brown with dirt! So now I use a wet cloth and wipe the ears, but I don't dig inside the ear.

somenifty

Maybe you need to ask your doctor for second opinion. I don't dare dig my baby's ears because my doctor say NEVER do that.

stonston

doc will tell u nvr ever dig ur ears, there's no need for it.

but sometimes i find if u dun dig n e wax constantly falls out, it's quite ugly n embarrassing when u go out in public!

for my boy he haven learn to keep still yet, so we r not digging. he's 2.5yrs old now. but we r training him to lie still by using a wet cotton bud to clean the outside of his ear. he enjoys it :) now he's willing to lie down for ard 5min for us to clean each external ear. so hopefully by e time he's 3, he'll be able to lie still for us to dig his ear.

my parents started digging my ears when i was ard 3yo :)

Ting

i only clean the external.
read from webby tt dun hv to dig, it will fall out by itself.

autumn82

Yea, docs advised dun have to dig ears. But I realised if I dun clean Iggy ears for like 2 weeks, there is a fishy smell. So I have to clean his ears every 2 days once. Best part is he enjoys and will fall asleep when I clean his ears.. LOL. :p

But I dun dig deep in, jus alittle in and the external. Besides that, I got the ear drops from the doc that will dissolve the ear wax.

pink_daisy

i use cotton buds to clean my kids' ear n they always come out yellow-yellow..very dirty!!!!! so hv to clean every wk else can see abit of wet wet yellowish yellowish 'thing' ...hahaha

autumn82

i use cotton buds to clean my kids' ear and they always come out yellow-yellow..very dirty!!!!! so have to clean every wk else can see abit of wet wet yellowish yellowish 'thing' ...hahaha
Tat's the one I'm toking.. LOL.. Too long neber clean, becomes fishy smell!! :x

pink_daisy

that's the one I'm talking.. LOL.. Too long never clean, becomes fishy smell!! :x
got smell nvm....for my kids, can see the yellowish yellowish thingy!! yucks!!! y some kids' ear wax r solid solid type tat can drop out themselves while my kids one r wet n sticky yellowish type???..

tika

wah... how come so unique one your #3.

I always cleaned the outer ear only.

I never did dig my dotter's ears till the day i noticed she kept shoving her index fingers into both her ears. I thought...if a 10 month old baby is doing that, it must be truly itchy. So i waited for her to sleep, then I used a small torchlight to shine into her ears but i didn't see any hard wax. But when I was done cleaning her ears with cotton buds meant for babies....AIYOH, the cottonbuds were super YELLOW.