Cloth diapers

Hi,

Thanks for Sharing.. so is that means you wash the diapers together with daddy and mummy cloths with normal detergent for adults?

Have not tried other brands. When I first started out, did not know that other brands were available. Bought a huge package (15 diapers) from bumwear and committed to using it when my son was born. We use it at home only. Sleeping and going out we still use disposables. Reason being that (for going out) got less to carry and need not change as often, and (for sleeping) my kids pee alot in their sleep, sometimes even disposable also overwhemled.
Usually using bumwear, I put 2 inserts and change every about 2 hours. Will roughly rinse out the pee (or poo) and put in a bucket to be washed with the rest of the laundry later. Just have to be careful and make sure not to use baby laundry detergent or softeners on the cloth diapers.

The diaper liner can be reuse? I only heard of those type that is disposable..
Thank for the useful information . In fact, I also intend to use the cloth diaper during day time and at home only.. will try out see which way work the best. Thanks for sharing :)

Hi All,

I got some AIOs from Dragon D'Or in chinatown. They have different types there. I chose the all-in-ones coz I didn't want the helper to get confused in how to use them. It's a one size fits all. I have been using them since my son was born and now he's 9kg and 8 months old.

I definitely got my money's worth. I invested about$500 in 20 pieces and have not bought anymore.

I have twin girls aged 3 years 9 months and had so much environment guilt about using disposables with them, hence the switch.

I hope this helps. Oh, and I like the Pigeon diaper liners the best, too. I soak mine in Napisan(available at Unity Pharmacy) and water and wait until I collect 10 to do a wash in the machine

I use disposables when we are traveling and during the night

DodoTan

Yes, I wash with normal laundry detergent. Personally, I don't like the paper nappy liners. I still have at least 2 boxes. If anyone interested let me know, I give to you.

Hi, mind to share what is the cons of those nappy liners? I thought it works to prevent stain on the diaper especially when baby is poo.....

Yes, I wash with normal laundry detergent. Personally, I don't like the paper nappy liners. I still have at least 2 boxes. If anyone interested let me know, I give to you.

DodoTan

I feel that it's very easy to wash poo off the cloth diaper. The nappy liners always end up sticking to the baby's butt; looks unconfortable.

lululala

I feel that it's very easy to wash poo off the cloth diaper. The nappy liners always end up sticking to the baby's butt; looks unconfortable.
The liners are more like net to sift out the solids so you can flush it away. The stain goes through, but with proper washing, you can get it all out.

i got it... so is it better to have it or without...? hmm.. maybe need to try and experiment to find out :)

So there is no need to apply diaper rash cream on baby since using cloth diaper? do you put any lotion or powder or oil on baby skin when change the diaper?

DodoTan

hardly need diaper rash cream. usually just put powder. If you want to try out the nappy liners let me know. I have at least 2 new boxes. I can give you. free.

lululala

Don't ever use powder on a baby. It's so outdated. It just traps moisture and makes bacteria grow. It's so gross.

I was given so much of it when my girls were born. We are still trying to use it up now, nearly 4 years later.

I will use it on my toddlers before bedtime on their backs only.

It's not suitable for babies.

Nipple lanolin cream is the best for rashes. It will clear it up in one day. Barrier cream is good for exactly that, creating a barrier.

Mummy to Baby V

I have many cloth diaper reviews and tips articles on my blog. Just go to http://www.mummysreviews.com/tag/cloth-diapering-tips/

Diaper liners: if using diaper cream, use disposable ones so that don't coat the diapers. If diaper is coated, will rrepel moisture and leak. So need to "strip wash". Can read more from my blog.

If cloth diaper has no stay dry layer, can use washable fleece liner that helps baby feel dry.

Diaper cream: depends on baby. My boys have very sensitive skin, so I need to use diaper cream until they poo less frequently.

felicity

hi mummies! may i know usually for newborn how many cloth diapers will be good to cope with the frequent pee/poo?

Mummy to Baby V

hi mummies! may i know usually for newborn how many cloth diapers will be good to cope with the frequent pee/poo?
For newborn, I like using Prefold / traditional cloth nappy with diaper cover and liner.
About 2-3 dozens prefolds / traditional cloth nappies
4-6 diaper covers. If breastfed with explosive poo, then need more covers.
liners: washable or disposable ones, to keep skin dry

Read more at How to Successfully Cloth-Diaper a Newborn Baby | Mummy's Reviews

From 2-3 months old, breastfed baby usually poos less, and also fit better into Small or One Size modern cloth diapers.

Mummy to Baby V

Hi

Any mummies tried using the Happy Heinys Cloth diapers before?

Any feedback?
My review is at Review: Happy Heinys One-Size Pocket Diaper (Snap) | Mummy's Reviews

The cutting is big, can last till big toddler. Not a trim diaper. My #1 is 3 years old and wears it for afternoon nap. My #2 tried it at 4 months old and it fits too. Like the prints. Velcro version has thick tabs. Laundry tabs don't stick well, so need to stick the 2 tabs to each other to secure them before washing, small issue though. If unsure, can always get 1 to try first, then get more if you like it.