Computer Hang!

elmo493

Computer is really something very difficult to understand.
My computer sometimes also hang when I open some of te mail send in by my boss:embarrassed:

autumn82

same here!
my comp just hang.
cos cancanmum signature got too many things i think.
she got to delete them. :err:
:err: Dun dink it is becoz of too many things in her signature coz most of us do not have a prob wif loading of pages. Prob got something to do wif the speed of yr internet provider? :001_302::001_302:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
kuan said:
Everytime scroll to member CanCanMum's post, my computer will hang. Why?
Happydays-shop said:
same here!
my comp just hang.
she got to delete them.
:err:
crystal79 said:
Ya me too. :embarrassed:
I find this very strange & somewhat laughable ... do the 3 of you know how many more members here DO NOT HAVE any problems opening CanCanMum's postings? You just have to check with the regular NOC members ... that's where the bulk of CanCanMum's postings are anyways.

Maybe the 3 of you have never heard of this saying: 会游或不会游,千万不要怪到你的游泳衣身上.
Therefore, if your computer hangs again, go get the hardware checked ... if it still hangs, go do house-keeping on your softwares ... if it still hangs, upgrade your broadband connectivity.

Crux of the matter is ... her signature is not "bulky", although it takes up more "visual space" than any one of the 3 of you.
Simply put, in terms of "memory space", it's just links & tickers, with the 2 photos embedded in the tickers ... totally different situation from others, who post their unedited & uncompressed photos which takes up bandwidths of up to 1MB at one go.

So, if the 3 of you are still in the mood of doing some bullying ... go after the members who post the bulky photos unedited & uncompressed. We'll all be thanking you too.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Happydays-shop

I find this very strange & somewhat laughable ... do the 3 of you know how many more members here DO NOT HAVE any problems opening CanCanMum's postings? You just have to check with the regular NOC members ... that's where the bulk of CanCanMum's postings are anyways.

Therefore, if your computer hangs again, go get the hardware checked ... if it still hangs, go do house-keeping on your softwares ... if it still hangs, upgrade your broadband connectivity.

Crux of the matter is ... her signature is not "bulky", although it takes up more "visual space" than any one of the 3 of you.
Simply put, in terms of "memory space", it's just links & tickers, with the 2 photos embedded in the tickers ... totally different situation from others, who post their unedited & uncompressed photos which takes up bandwidths of up to 1MB at one go.

So, if the 3 of you are still in the mood of doing some bullying ... go after the members who post the bulky photos unedited & uncompressed. We'll all be thanking you too.
bully?
i dont even know her.
so for wat i need to bully her?

its very funny lor, im just saying maybe her signature got alot of things thats why load on her post it got hang.
becos i see her signature seems longer than others.
i din even know it until i saw this thread and when i was scrolling down.
i've no problem with viewing other people post.
& in what way did i say anything bad about her?
in what way did i bully her?

i do not know what the thread starter means by creating this thread.
i'm replying because i can't read whatever she wrote in certain thread and want to read cancanmum's posting.
if i'm posting a thread for help and cancanmum is giving me advices, i cant even read it!

so tell me, in what way i'm being a bully?
i think you're the one trying to be a bully here.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Happydays-shop said:
bully?
so for wat i need to bully her?
in what way did i bully her?
so tell me, in what way i'm being a bully?
Since you really wanna know this bad ... I'll spare you the 3 min.
:laugh: :laugh:

Happydays-shop said:
same here!
my comp just hang.
she got to delete them. :err:
Let me use an analogy here ...

HAPPY have a neighbour called CANCAN, living in the same apartment block as her.

The aircon in HAPPY's apartment was not as cold as it should be ... so, she went around her apartment block in an attempt to see what could have been the cause of her problems.

That's when HAPPY happened to looked into CANCAN's apartment & found 2 big-looking photos hang on one of the walls ... HAPPY thinks this should be the cause of her problems.

Instead of knocking on CANCAN's door to notify & discuss the "problem" with her, she decided to report the situation to STOMP & even uncategorically demanded for the photos to be removed from that wall (inside CANCAN's own apartment) ... when reported to the public, some isolated roars of approval were successfully solicited.

Then, some people who actually know how aircon works came forward ... & concluded that those photos have no connection to the (lack of) performance in HAPPY's aircon system. It was also suggested for her to take a look at the condition of her compressor, pipings & fans ...

Still cannot see the bully's unHAPPY face?

Happydays-shop said:
i think you're the one trying to be a bully here.
Hahahaha ... I'm used to it, as I hear this all the time ... but when I look back, I also noticed it's always the bad guys calling me that. So, I guess I can live with that.
:wink: :wink:

Last edited:

kuan

dear all, it has been almost 1/2 mth and my problem is still not solved! CanCanMum replied to this post, so i couldn't read the rest, b'cos - computer hang when i try to scroll past her reply!! would appreciate if anyone can help me but, maybe have to email me @ kuan0818@yahoo.com.sg. Lots of thanks...:001_302:

kuan

hi, after my previous post then i was able to see all other replies to my problem and so - there are people out there sharing the same problem as me!! but VromVromBoys the way u reply is like saying we are computer idiots:bmad:!! What "bullying" are you talking about here??!! this is a genuine problem that we encounter here. we are not "computer genius" like you. the way u put it is very sarcastic:realmad:. pls "zi-wo-jian-tao":9898:. it's really OFFENDING:we2arghh:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA

wad a joke!

you mean your computer / internet cannot view embedded compressed SMALL pictures.......

", im just saying maybe her signature got alot of things thats why load on her post it got hang."
you mean your computer / internet cannot view 2photo or more at one go?

her signature is just 2picture with tickers.....

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
kuan said:
hi, after my previous post then i was able to see all other replies to my problem and so - there are people out there sharing the same problem as me!! but VromVromBoys the way u reply is like saying we are computer idiots:bmad:!! What "bullying" are you talking about here??!! this is a genuine problem that we encounter here. we are not "computer genius" like you. the way u put it is very sarcastic:realmad:. pls "zi-wo-jian-tao":9898:. it's really OFFENDING:we2arghh:
At first, I also thought you were a mere innocent bystander amongst the three ... but from your reactions here, it just proved my intuition was more than correct.

I am definitely no genius, simply becoz it is no rocket science to understand how computers work ... as for what you really are, you should be able to infer yourself.

自我检讨? Dun make my toes laugh ... more appropriately, let me gift you with this: "虚心向学"
BTW, what you really meant is "it's really offensive", not "offending" ... :wink: :wink:

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Diplomacy 1st...
Hi kuan, Happydays-shop,
Are you encountering this "hanging" problem at any specific forum threads?
If u can view/reply to this thread, I trust it's not the signature issue, as highlighted earlier.
I do encounter intermittent "hanging" problem at times, basically when I open multiple threads or NOC thread... normally I just leave it alone... n the hanging problem will go away once all the pages are loaded.
Occurs even from my office... so bandwidth shld not be the issue.
So could be due the large content for the respective pages that is causing the "lagging".
Perhaps you can seek Admin's advice on this.

End of Diplomacy...
You're not alone in your negative opinion on vroomvroomboys, so no fret.
No point debating with such a person... he just wants to "GEI KIANG" and have the last word in everything.
Others may choose to ignore him, while some like us would rather give him a piece our mind.
If a guy like him can be so rude to a you women, what more can we expect from him?
Just thank god that he's not your hubby! haha! :)

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Daddy D said:
End of Diplomacy...
No point debating with such a person... he just wants to "GEI KIANG" and have the last word in everything.
Others may choose to ignore him, while some like us would rather give him a piece our mind.
If a guy like him can be so rude to a you women, what more can we expect from him?
I am not running in any election ... so I really dun give a damn on what you think of me.

It's all pretty simple ... I see it, I say it ... if I think any posting is flawed, I'll say so with facts & stats backing me up.
If you believe in open discussions in the first place, then you should reiterate your points with substantial counter-evidence.
Those who have done just that have consistently received open apologies/thanks from me ... for providing enlightenment on issues which has previously slipped my eyes.

They say birds of a feather flock together ... so, I'm not surprised you deemed it fit to join the self-centred troops to deliver this low blow.
Talking about rudeness, have you discovered who it is by now ... who asked for people to change their signatures becoz of some lame excuse, which is miles away from the truth?
But you'd never understand ... just like you still haven't figured out the real essence of 养不教、父之过!!

Oh yes, why haven't you updated your comments on my profile yet? Can't wait to see what you have to say this time around ... or as usual, you dun have the courage to walk the talk (ref "rather give him a piece of my mind")?
:beek: :beek:

Queenbabe

Yes , i can say is really nothing to do with the signature .. shld blame the computer :)

I use my laptop totally no problem logging into NOC thread mayb abit laggy coz the thread is running damn fast hehe becoz of our regular NOC members but if i use my desktop i will have such problem logging into NOC thread .

And to all dear daddies n mummies here , we r here to share our knowledge for our little baobei and not here to make enemies so relax and keep sharing thanks all :)

Be Happy , Cheers !

Queenbabe

Kuan babe , think either is ur comp 'key siao' if not is my CanCan Darling thread is too hot hehe no wonder make ur comp hang :) i was thinking if u go to other thread not only my darling thread , ur comp will hang anot ?

lisa_ng

Same for me, it's does take a longer time to upload the page especially for those with many posts.
i suppose a lot of us are accessing which may cause the slow upload.
days like weekends where there are lesser ppl online, loading are much faster.
a lot of things can be the cause. but i dun think signature really did a big part of it.
even hotmail does give me problems accessing to my mails on some days.

if the hanging does get too frequent and that you are pretty sure it's not your internet connect or your computer, i suppose edy will be a better person to seek advise from.

kuan

hi Daddy D, i TOTALLY agree with u ...... thanks......HAHAHAHA......:001_302: