Confused...Boy or Girl??

Caroltpl

Anyone ever encounter that detailed scanning is a girl but near to birth it turn out to be a boy??

I went to fortune telling with my hubby recently and saying that it should be a boy....im confused now have to wait till thursday for my next check up but don't dare to ask my gynae...he might think that im crazy...

If it turns out to be what is said...i had bought all pink stuffs for my girl...how??

Jerlene

Hi...

I think i heard of such matter before. Although all scan reflect gal. But when giving birth tat time turn out to be boy.. I also dun know why.. But sometimes such things do happen.

Phoebii Cheng

Yes, I hv heard of such things bf. And it happened to one of our friend, whom the gynae said to expect a girl, but two months bf due, the gynae then say its a boy.....

Mayb u can buy some neutral colour clothing?

Catty

My sis encounter 1 of the lady where she met in the labour ward, the lady told her that she got a shock cos all awhile the gynae scan is a boy till the day she deliver the baby than found out to be a gal.. :eek:

Jerlene

Ya... i agree.. Buy neutral colour clothing wil be the safest.
But i am quite curious that if the detailed scan can see everything.
How come the doc can see wrongly?? Or 3D/4D scanning is most accurate???

Caroltpl

oh my goodness...it really happened...i had detailed scan done by TMC gynae...maybe this coming checkup got to get my gynae to check again...
i had already bought my baby clothings and get ppl to pass down girls clothings to me...
Hmm...now im very confused...thought that detailed scan should be accurate.

princessminn

Yes, I hv heard of such things bf. And it happened to one of our friend, whom the gynae said to expect a girl, but two months bf due, the gynae then say its a boy.....

Mayb u can buy some neutral colour clothing?
i tot chances of girl turn out to be boy is higher then chances of boy turn out to be girl is low?

yungkimmy

hi....may i know ur shio?? when ur last menses n how many weeks liao ur pregs?

try to calculate for you use on my mom old method...it q accurate.....have try to some of my frens.....

Last edited:

yellowpudding

Sure anot?! DOnt scare me!
erm there are some cases in singapore where some gals are suppose to be born as boys (hence they do not have fully developed uterus / wombs inside them), normally such are only found out during teenagers years where suddenly some gals experience growth of facial hair or voice break like boys...
these types normally will need to undergo medical treatment and all.

shopaholic

Among my friends, I hv only encountered one whom detail scan said it was a girl and sonographer even showed her some lines at the genitals so show it's a girl. However, come growth scan, turned out to be boy.

I hvt encountered any, among my friends, that a boy turned out to be a girl. But I hv heard of such cases happening.

Jerlene

Among my friends, I hv only encountered one whom detail scan said it was a girl and sonographer even showed her some lines at the genitals so show it's a girl. However, come growth scan, turned out to be boy.

I hvt encountered any, among my friends, that a boy turned out to be a girl. But I hv heard of such cases happening.

I hve encountered such things before too. BUt wat do you mean by growth scan???? I tot detailed scan shld be very accurate already....
So after detailed scan, can we actually get our gynae to confirm the gender again????

chelle

Huh, now that i have read this thread, i wondering abt my BB gender!
I bought most of the clothing in BLUE!

But i think the detailed scan shld be quite accurate....

stupidyeye

don't worry..blue gal also can wear...hmm...well maybe is e kep on moving..then scan not clearly..thats why will get wrongly...e best is double scan....

llcyahoo

8 yrs ago, whole world tell me is a gal. we went temple to ask also said
gal, old women saw me tell my mum is a gal, hahah....mum went to buy
everything for gal, end up detail scan show is a boy. But i must said,
my boy face look like gal till he was K1. hahaha.....

Ottermum

genitals of the male n female fetuses when they're still developing in mother's womb actually look alike...
that means the baby gal's genital's protuding out like a male's penis...

so it leads to confusions during scans...it's only during the later part of the pregnancy that the genital goes back to how it should be...

cui_er

my colleague did have such an experience, all the way she thought she was expecting a girl, only after deliver then found out it's a boy. She didn't really buy any clothes though luckily. Think sometimes the boy covers his genitals during the scan so give the impression that it's a girl?

Jerlene

But i tot detailed scan should be quite accurate. Coz for boy is 2 lines and gals is 3 lines mah... Like tat must wait till give birth den you know whether gal or boy....