Constipation

yes yes. it's best to consult a doctor if you suffer from constipation during your pregnancy.

eating fruits helps! alot.

i think its best to lead a healthy lifestyle. eat more greens and fruits. not forgetting drink more water. or fruitylite on days after a heavy or oily meal. but that's after pregnancy of course.

sassylady

i think constipated can be quite an issue for pregnant ladies as we'll need to pay more attention to the food we take during that period of time.

my sister is having that problem now. as she is pregnant and constipated as well. it was a really bad period for her so we bought her to the doctors.

as suggested by the doctor, the best way to avoid constipation is to have a well balanced diet. and have more fruits as well.

stuff that help to relieve constipation like fruitylite or any sorts of old remedies are best avoided. save them for after the baby is born.

Mummy to Baby V

I was slightly anaemic on third trimester and had to take iron tablets, which could cause constipation. I overcome it by drinking lots of water, eating organic oat daily, and taking fruits and vegetables.

Do not overconsume fruits and vegetables as too much fibre could also lead to constipation. The type of fruits also matter. For example, too many apples may lead to constipation, while pears help clear constipation. This is important to note when planning baby's diet in future.

Bowels need 3 things to move: water, fibre and oil (lubricant). Make sure you consume some healthy oil too, e.g. olive oil.

sassylady

o dear i didnt know too much fibre can lead to constipation as well.

i guess drinking alot of water is the best way. fruitylite or not, i think its best to keep the body hydrated.

better control the amount of fibre i take a day. if not constipated also dont know why.

too much fiber can cause constipation too?

i never heard of such thing till today. guess i better pay more attention to my diet.

maybe i should just eat at regular hours and drink more water. fruitylite also.

does getting sufficient sleep helps?

sassylady

i think getting sufficient rest is also one of the factors to prevent constipation.

on top of all the other stuff we take in, like fruitylite, it's best to get sufficient rest on top of the daily intake of fruits and greens.

havent been sleeping much lately. and i think with the crazy weather im starting to feel constipated. :(

guess i will go make a glass of fruitylite and drink before i sleep. stupid crazy weather.

i read somewhere that drinking the coffee from macdonalds can give you the runs.

not sure if its true or not, but i shall attempt this tomorrow since i'm on leave. haha.

gonna go drink my fruitylite now. :wong19:

Wonderwhy

I bought this pdt from my friend. It was in packet $40 for 15pks. My hubby always hv consitpation prob(3-4days) each. And he don't believe in all this pdts, but after he took. He really loves it.. It all fibre(fruits and vege made of)

for me, i got no prob. But i drink weekly to clear my intestine. :)

kyuden21

Hi Mummies,

If you are encountering conspitation and do not like to eat fruits, drinking fiber or using enema fleet, you could choose wearing Teviron negative ions healthy wear as an alternative treatment.

If you need more information on this, just p.m me.

tasted and proven. macdonalds coffee gives me the run. so when i'm feeling constipated i know what to drink.

but that's an unhealthy way. these days i'll stick to eating fruits and drinking fruitylite.

i think drinking sufficient amount of water helps too. especially in today's crazy weather.

GreenfoodLover

Hi rachel,

i have used it before but not too sure where can get it, perhaps can help you ask my parents. But what are the causes to your constipation? Last time i have constipation is due to lack of nutrient and mineral in my foods intake. But now solve already
It's called an enema. Avail in pharmacies. God knows I've had my experiences and i hate it. Best not to use too much of it as it's not good for body in the long run.

A great, safer alternative I was prescribed was Lactulose syrup. Available under different brands (but same thing) in pharmacies you can just ask them for "Lactulose".

It's a concentrated syrup that helps to draw water into your intestines. More natural than laxative pills or enemas.

Yuhua

It's called an enema. Avail in pharmacies. God knows I've had my experiences and i hate it. Best not to use too much of it as it's not good for body in the long run.

A great, safer alternative I was prescribed was Lactulose syrup. Available under different brands (but same thing) in pharmacies you can just ask them for "Lactulose".

It's a concentrated syrup that helps to draw water into your intestines. More natural than laxative pills or enemas.
Try exercising more frequently or even practise yoga (in my case), it truly help to remove my constipation problem. :)

sui

I drink prune juice when no movement for 2 days. Sometimes work, sometimes dont't.

Recently got some psyllium husk powder. Mixed with my Anmum Lacta. Drank in the aftenoon, by evening very smooth...... a lot some more!!:001_302:

After that got adventurous. Did a mixture of psyllium husk with guar gum and apple pectin. Would add Oat bran too but already add this into my daily rolled oats, so no need. Plan to add brewer's yeast into my mixture for its nutrients. Also read that it will increase breastmilk. :Dancing_wub:

psyllium husk, guar gum and apple pectin - good for bowel movement and reduce cholesterol level because the move your system, thus cholesterol got no chance to get absorbed into blood in the intestine.

Caution: When taking psyllium husk powder or the likes, must take with lots and lots of water to prevent choking.

sui

For some weird reason, I liked taking Lactulose. Was taking it first two weeks after baby Al's birth. Each time I took it, I was tempted to take more than the recommended dosage because it tasted so nice and sweet. I think I was a little crazy then . :err: Must be the hormones.:tlaugh:

sassylady

take fruits high in fibre! like banana or papaya. it helps.

or drinks like fruitylite or prune juice which helps with digestion. helps too.

sometimes it'll work, sometimes it wont. but you know what works for sure? the coffee from macs. i always go to the toilet after drinking it in the morning. :X

sassylady

on top of the fruits and fruitylite, i have been drinking orange juice as well. home made one that is.

it's quite healthy and imagine after a long day at work, you drink a glass of chilled fruitylite or orange juice. quite satisfying. :)