Dealing with In Laws

zoukieice

Yea total agree, most son don speak up cos is their parents. Well complaining or telling DH is not a very gd idea as not all DH understands and can handle the situation well.. They are like hamburgered between us and their parents.

The more we put him in tied spot the more risk there are to relationship problem..

Just listen and forget, speak up only when really is serious problem.

I believe it's the way you educate your DH. I keep feeding my DH with the correct info through books & articles. Thus sometimes i dun have to speak up, he will correct my ILs himself when he see them doing things they shouldn't. Plus i will not say complaining but just sharing your point of view with your DH will strengthen your relationship instead. I believe it's the way you put it & the tone of voice you use when discussing the issue. Just listen & forget might probably lead to more anger down the road.

rainypink

that is only good when hubby side you and reads and understand. my hubby, dnt really read, and dnt really listen, and then hor, everything also keep quiet. let them say. let them do kind. :nah:

pity-ful lor me. sometimes i feel like im the only one against the world.

i can tell him, explain , show him, pass him books, but he wont really take it in lor.

rocket science

rainypink, i 100% understand how you feel. i'm in your position too, and sometimes, i feel like packing my bags and running away. after all, i have the means to support myself and i don't need to keep getting attacked by husb n MIL!

sick and tired of their old wive's tales. i also tell, explain and show him the books i've read but he just brush me aside.

i feel like it's always me vs. THEM..

that is only good when hubby side you and reads and understand. my hubby, dnt really read, and dnt really listen, and then hor, everything also keep quiet. let them say. let them do kind. :nah:

pity-ful lor me. sometimes i feel like im the only one against the world.

i can tell him, explain , show him, pass him books, but he wont really take it in lor.

SH74

mayb try to get the gynae or PD to say things to hb. fr a 3rd party. sometimes my hb dun listen to me also. then i get my sis to say it. but naturally la, when got chance. if not, will make hb paiseh.

if still stubborn, then let things happen. once their son sick 'cause hb follow mil method, then they'll feel bad. that time my mil say want cook stock for porridge for my boy, which is good. but in her stock, she put so many stuff which my boy has nv tried b4. my mil ask my hb, n he said ok w/o asking me 1st.

aft eating, my boy kena serious diarrhoea n fever for quite a while. i suspected it's the food. but my hb not happy. so when we see doc, i ask doc is it due to food allergy. doc found out wat was in the stock. told us most prob is due to the stock.

since then, my hb will ask me 1st. but sometimes he still doesnt. then i'll say str in his face that if my boy fall sick again, i wont take care at nite. 'cause taking the nite shift most shiong.

Last edited:
Er..
i think you should act as a mediator lah.. because since you guys dont live together, visiting them once a while is a must ba.. to show respect for them lor as they are old.

quarrel until new yr also no meet no gd leh. when your child grows up, no ah ma dote or wat, also funny ma.

just go lah, wont die also.. MIL alraedy think u snatching her son liao, if u still dont go, then she will surely kpkb?

haha.

new year must go lah. show face. it reflects your own upbringing lah. nothing to do with them. if you go, they still black face, then you just pack and go home lor.

like this, no one can complain say you no manners right?
hi rainypink,
We did went back MIL place on CNY eve, after that didnt go as husband is buzi. I tried call MIL to chit chat bt her attitude is so bad, slam my ph. MIL never called so ... ...anyway, hus is saying will go back again 1 wkn. hope nothing SERIOUS will happen.

rainypink

Rocket science.. Well, we dont anger ourselves ba. We just try to protect our babies and hope everyone will know we are the mother and the one who carried them for 9 months and went through the labour pain and that we wont harm our own baby..

:wong19:

rainypink

working mummysg...

that's very good. :tlaugh: At least on your part, you did go and visit them. I mean dont give them extra excuse to sort of like complain you, right?

At least you tried. so if anything were to happen or when things go worst, you can stand up for yourself and declare that you have tried your best already.. Clear conscience. :)

jiayou!
:red:

raeka

My IL is always acting so hack care for her grandson but back of me n hubby kept complaining to her sis that was our "ah yi" GOsh... cannot stand..
so busy liaos still have to handle this Stupid thing..
UNlike my mummy so easy going ...

So i learn my lesson , will call to concern and telling her how's her grandson doing . Very free then can bring him down for her to see..