Delivering in TMC anyone?

PeiPei A

i brought my own pump with storage bottles but not storage bags..i stayed 4D3N, nurses would push e babies in when it was feeding time and they would teach u how to latch on properly. I only tried my breast pump e last night before i discharged..and e breastmilk i pumped, we just pass to e nurse for them to feed my babies and they stored e milk somewhere and return us our own bottles...

anw, 1st few days e supply most probably would not be too much, but i am not sure issit apply to everyone...=)
How do u sterilise the bottles in hospital?

Alisa

i paid around $600 deposit for the 2 bedded and upon admission, paid $1200 but i changed to 4 bedded. medisave will be used to paid most of the fee and those amount to be paid by cash, will be deducted by the $1200. Any balance, they will return to you. i took back about $500 after deducted everything.

MamaDT

Thanks Hayashi43 and Mangobees for your advise!

Although I dunno if there will be any bm by then but I think I will bring pumps along as advised. =) How do u sterilise the milk bottles then? Did the nurses help to steammmm the bottles for u in the hospital? Thanks!

Hi Kwokm, I know there will be complimentary carpark coupons if u stay in 2 bedded.. not sure how many pieces though.. last time admitted in TMC due to some problems.. and stayed in 2 bedded but think got at least 2 pieces of the coupons.

hayashi43

Thanks Hayashi43 and Mangobees for your advise!

Although I dunno if there will be any bm by then but I think I will bring pumps along as advised. =) How do u sterilise the milk bottles then? Did the nurses help to steammmm the bottles for u in the hospital? Thanks!

Hi Kwokm, I know there will be complimentary carpark coupons if u stay in 2 bedded.. not sure how many pieces though.. last time admitted in TMC due to some problems.. and stayed in 2 bedded but think got at least 2 pieces of the coupons.
How do u sterilise the bottles in hospital?

hi, hospital nurse sold me sterlise pills and a big microwave box for sterlising, so maybe u all wanna prepare urself beforehand so dont need to buy from TCM...

Hi Alisa, by any chance, did u go to ACJ clinic?
hi i went to ACJ clinic too, my gynae was Jocelyn Wong

felicity

FYI if the nurse bring u the the sterilize pills will be priced at $9 but the pharmacy below selling at $6.90.. So if u really need, get someone to help u get from the pharmacy :p

MamaDT

Thanks Hayashi43 and Felicity!
aiyoh.. another charges by TMC again.. Think will buy from the pharmacy haha but will TMC charge me for borrowing the microwave box? lol..

hayashi43

Thanks Hayashi43 and Felicity!
aiyoh.. another charges by TMC again.. Think will buy from the pharmacy haha but will TMC charge me for borrowing the microwave box? lol..
i think e box is chargeable also cos they not "borrow" to u but "sell" to u...haha

actually if u want u can get the pigeon steralise tablets for $7+ i bought one box last week because goin to use in office. just put in a big co ntainer which i use a big tupperware , throw in pills into cold water, soak equipment etc and that's it.

actually u can prepare another bag in adance and leave at home . ask yr hubby to hospital later after u give birth also can. then u no need to lug everything to hospital upon checking in.

felicity

The big toyogo box is ten bucks.. We requested but asked the nurse to check the price for us... Upon knowing the price we rejected...

MamaDT

Wah 1 Toyogo box for $10! Hahaha faint.... Yah think will bring from hm =)

Sorry another question, anyone bathed at the hospital after delivery? Did u all use herbal bath sachets frm those medical hall or normal toiletries?

Thankie! :)

mamaDT,

hebal satchet need to be boiled unless u are prepare to bring a big container to contain the water and to go thrg so much effort.

and up to individual to bathe or not. most of the time we will be STOP By elders at home :)

but i choose to take hot shower, fast fast one

MamaDT

Lol thanks ilovebbdylan for ur advise!!! I didn't know tt as I have by find out much info on the herbal bath sachets haha
Yah I think I will b stop by elders too!!! But I can't tahan no bath... Lol think I will do the same as u... Fast fast one! Heehee thanks!!! :)

kwokm

Thanks dear for info. Need to know in case I have to drive myself to deliver. Heh.

felicity

I didn't bathe in TMC.. Too shag n too sore.. At home my mum boils water w the herbal sachets for me though n I bathe everyday. I think she expected cos she bought 30 sachets!

Alisa

i didnt bath in hospital too, too pain to even walk... i only wash my bottom.

Last edited:
actually if u want u can get the pigeon steralise tablets for $7+ i bought one box last week because goin to use in office. just put in a big co ntainer which i use a big tupperware , throw in pills into cold water, soak equipment etc and that's it.

actually u can prepare another bag in adance and leave at home . ask yr hubby to hospital later after u give birth also can. then u no need to lug everything to hospital upon checking in.

where can i get the pigeon sterilized tablets? can we get it from watsons or robinsons?