Delivering in TMC anyone?

cupcakemum

Hi ladies :)

I delivered my baby girl at Thomson in April. Here are my thoughts...

- The nurses I met were caring and warm hearted.
- Meals tasted great (surprisingly). Go for the confinement menu.
- I stayed in a single bedder which was comfortable and quite spacious.

But a few cons...

- Parking is HORRID!!!
- Waited about an hour for our hospital bill to be ready!

Overall, a good experience for my husband, baby and me. Will deliver my 2nd one there in future :)

Tannie

I jus delivered 20 may... Stayed at 2 bedded ward... Dun really have extreme bad experience but not quite satisfied in few area, mostly due to the reason that they are extremely short handed.

Jesamine

I'm with Dr. Adelina Wong. Recommended by another doctor though. She's offering a package at $888 from 16 weeks onwards till you deliver. It only includes scheduled visits, urine test, scan (including 1 photo/visit). It doesn't include blood/CTG tests, medication, fetal abnormality test, emergency visits, post natal visits. EDD 17 Nov.

Btw, anyone took up the TMC antenatal course?

Busymom

I delivered all my 3 little one at Thomson Medical. One of the reason we chosen Thomson Medical was the car parking system. dont't have to waste time finding a lot. Just pass you car key and someone will do the job for you. This is especially convenient when it come to emergency (I almost delivered my girl if have to look for car park). Compared to Glendeagle, you have to go round and round to find a lot and hubby got frustrated when bringing our first boy to a pediatric 5 years ago and he swear that he will not go there anymore! Since then we have switch to Thomson Pediatric. All my three children and myself are seeing the doctors at Thomson Medical when we are not well.

Last edited:

cyberie

I'm with Dr. Adelina Wong. Recommended by another doctor though. She's offering a package at $888 from 16 weeks onwards till you deliver. It only includes scheduled visits, urine test, scan (including 1 photo/visit). It doesn't include blood/CTG tests, medication, fetal abnormality test, emergency visits, post natal visits. EDD 17 Nov.

Btw, anyone took up the TMC antenatal course?
i went for the antenatal course.. it is a good class.. can learn alot...
hmm.. worth going if you are a first time mum..

Judyn3o

Hi ladies,

I'm still in my 1st trim. Gynae is Dr Judy Wong at TMC. I have not ask about the package etc stuff yet cos I'm still in the early stage.

Saw their 1 bedded and suites online. Look quite comfy like hotel bur nothing beats sleeping at our own rooms and beds.

MrsWang

I'm also with Thomson. But I'm a bit confused. Which side do we go for delivery? The emergency block or the clinics block??

summerhaven

hi

can anyone advise a rough estimate on how much will be the total cost of delivery in thomson (medisave + cash). EDD is August 2012 opted for a 4Bed Normal with Epidural. Hopefully no complication as this will increase the cost sky high.

Also we got Thomson Dr. M Tan package for $2k+. Reading from previous threads, somehow other Gynae's are offering packages which are less than $1K (i.e. $888). Wondering why ours was so expensive and come to think about it we only decided to get the package during the 24th week, which we have already done the detailed scan worth $200+ and paid full for all previous consultation fees and normal scans. Hope anyone can give us some advise as I believe its too late to change doctor and/or hospital as of this stage. Though I always want whats best for the baby to be delivered healthy, but if there are some tips that we can avoid paying something that we necessarily don't need then it would really help a lot.

Thanks

hayashi43

I just delivered this March at TMC, we opted for Single room but was changed to Premier Single as former was not available.
Tho we have to pay more for Single Premier but overall feel e money was worth spent, partly cos mine is twins so chose single room so we can have privacy for breastfeeding. Hubby bunk in with me, food provided was ok as i am not the picky type, altogether 3 meals and 3 snacks were provided, one of e snacks was a fish soup everyday after breakfast which can help in boost milk supply. And their nurses were friendly and helpful, couldn't rem how many time we called them to help with breastfeeding and all of them were carrying a smile on e face all e time

We were given complimentary parking coupon upon admission and subsequent days as long as we were still in hospital, not sure issit becos hubby bunk in =)

Hi,

we are getting a 2 bedded room. Am wondering if I can still do total breastfeeding if I'm sharing room with someone else. Will the baby be sleeping with me or the nurse will bring him in?

Tannie

Hi,

we are getting a 2 bedded room. Am wondering if I can still do total breastfeeding if I'm sharing room with someone else. Will the baby be sleeping with me or the nurse will bring him in?
Yes, u can do total breast feeding. They will asked u when u r in your ward. The nurse will push the baby to you every 3 hrs.

Sweetooth

Ya i wanna know as well. I'm delivering this thurs via csec. I heard they say usually 2nd day only will have breast milk..

dun worry.. bb can go without milk for 2-3 days.. but u need them t suckle to bring on your milk supply..
Yeah, i just read about it. Very worried that when the baby cries and cries, I will just give in and let him have formula milk.

I just got my breast pump today and I'm dying to start using it!