Do scan really confirm baby gender?

apollo

those normal scan u do at ur gynae's clinic MIGHT not be accurate but for those detailed scan done at 20 weeks, tt type is much more accurate =)

apollo

for me, at 16 weeks scan is show boy.. at 20-week scan also boy.. and before my 2nd tri I every night dreamed of having a baby boy and it's TRUE :tlaugh:
when i was preeggy ard 8-9 week old, my gynae told me mine most probably could be a boy.. and yes, it's my ds now! :tlaugh:

iwan2noe

I'm a 1st time mummy.Very excited when i get to know my baby gender but then my sis in law tell me bout her experience(many yrs ago) scan mis predict the gender of her baby.Scared after telling people then got mistake more paiseh.i know now tech very good but sometimes got mistakes also hehe
Only go for scan once will go again in 4 weeks time.
Yup, that 's true for pple may yrs back.. But nowadays though very high tech, gynae would usually say scan is only 99% accurate until bb is born..hehe this is wat my gynae told me... but so far my scan is accurate for my bb gal since her gender is made known :)

Oppsgal

Depends when the scan is done. Maybe at later stage the results will be more accurate. Can always double confirm again with doctor.

For me, I scare the result not correct, choose name also choose for both gender...

nataliecxy

The scan at the gynae clinic @ week 16..my gynae told me emmm looks like a boy..but cannot confirm.

Then i went for the detailed scan on the 20th week @ TMC ..their screen is very big and clear. They even enlarge and can see very clealy. Its a boy :)

Subsequent visits at the gynae clinic, every scan my gynae tells me that its a boy.... And yes i gave birth to a boy indeed :D

qsal

so detail scan is more accurate is it?Will going for my detail scan next wed, what should i ask or what can i expect during the detail scan?

bakaholic

so detail scan is more accurate is it?Will going for my detail scan next wed, what should i ask or what can i expect during the detail scan?
Where will you be doing your detailed scan?

I had mine last wk at tmc. The sonographer will take about 15-20mins to scan and then will tell you the gender. Then she will ask hubby to come in and then show both of us the stuff she scanned.
I didn't have anything to ask cos got doc review after that.

qsal

Where will you be doing your detailed scan?

I had mine last wk at Thomson Medical Center. The sonographer will take about 15-20mins to scan and then will tell you the gender. Then she will ask hubby to come in and then show both of us the stuff she scanned.
I didn't have anything to ask cos got doc review after that.
mine is at kkh,subsidised patient.The earlier scan the sonographer say very little.

shopaholic

In my case, the scans were never wrong for my 3 kids. For my elder 2 kids, I was told the gender at 16 weeks and indeed, they were right. For my 3rd child, I was with a private gynae and she told us I'm likely expecting a boy at 12 weeks. The later scans at 16 weeks and 20 weeks showed a boy and indeed, I delivered a boy.

qsal

done my detail scan 2 days ago,Was told again its a baby boy by 2 different sonographer on the same day.I just wondering why i was not given any photo of the scan? Must i ask?Me so dumb2 not to ask the sonographer to give me bcos was in quite a bad mood or is it becos i'm a subsidised patient? My next scan will on 7 june.

Last edited:

thepinkdot

Hey what about Edd? The scan accurate?
EDD will generally follow the date of ur last period. With a plus minus of a week. Why worry about EDD?!?!?!?

But so far, alot of women has found EDD to be pretty accurate. EDD via scans is calc. from size of baby etc.

P4nic

EDD will generally follow the date of your last period. With a plus minus of a week. Why worry about EDD?!?!?!?

But so far, alot of women has found EDD to be pretty accurate. EDD via scans is calc. from size of baby etc.
not say worry but more like coz my EDD is 06/12/2010 but my ROM anniversary is on 09/12.. if same day.. so nice~