do u put your baby in sarong to sleep?

January84

i put my DS in sarong and just leave him there. nv "yao". Put him there so that head will be round and beautiful ma... eheeh..

CanCanMum

but but but yr son will sleep wo "yao-ing" mehzzz???

i used those pillow w a hole in centre for him to sleep since young.....his head is a perfect BALL shape since birth......

elmo168

It seem that they can sleep longer and more peacefully when they sleep in the sarong. I didn't let my son try because I don't want it to become a habit.

CanCanMum

yeah.....my boy can sleep in sarong for 4hours during daytime...but he can make do with sofa oso la, now so big liaoz....he can sleep on sofa for 4hours oso....kekekekeke

now i seldom use my sarong liaoz, during naptime for him.....he is also too big for it.

not for nighttime, canx possibly rock him the whole night.

SH74

i didnt put my bb in sarong. some parents r anti-sarong. some support sarong. i feel that there's good n bad.

good :
1) bb can sleep longer
2) feel more secure
3) bb's head will b mei mei, round round.

bad :
1) some say it's bad for newborn's bones (spine).
2) if addicted to it, cant slp w/o sarong.
3) when bb gets too big, might fall off. so hv to put mattress underneath jus in case.

think now sarong got little holes. at least can breathe. wont suffocate.

Porukadotzu

atfirst i also dun wan to put bb in sarong at day time, scare tat she can't sleep on bed..

but inlaw insist to put her there, and finally i give in too coz bb seems don't mind in sarong ..

but i limit the time she sleep in sarong max 2x nap time..other than tat hv to sleep on bed.

now my gal know when nite time she would cry if i put her in sarong and if i put her on bed she would goo and laugh wiggle2 her hand n feet haha.. funny to think tat baby can be so smart.

maybe coz now she know how to filp left n round so in sarong she can't do that.

autumn82

My DD was sleeping in the sarong since 1mth old at her nanny place during the day time & nite time on the bed. Up to today, she still misses sleeping in the sarong. Always at MIL place, she will insist on sleeping in the yaolan. But tis only happens in MIL. Luckily my place don't have. LOL.

But can u imagine DD weighs 17kg now sleeping in the yaolan? Wif a thin 2-4cm thick tilam under in case she falls down at MIL place? Does that thin tilum helps if she falls?? LOL.

anonfire

Alpha Male
i didnt put my bb in sarong. some parents r anti-sarong. some support sarong. i feel that there's good n bad.

good :
1) bb can sleep longer
2) feel more secure
3) bb's head will b mei mei, round round.

bad :
1) some say it's bad for newborn's bones (spine).
2) if addicted to it, cant slp w/o sarong.
3) when bb gets too big, might fall off. so hv to put mattress underneath jus in case.

think now sarong got little holes. at least can breathe. wont suffocate.
yeah. i heard that sarong is not good for the spine too. issit true?

estherlin

yeah my boy does sleep in sarong. Yupz he sleeps longer and oso safer when he is awake he cant get down anywhere, will cry and my mum will know that he is awake. I do worry abt the bad habit too, at first my DH and me have to be the sarong when we dun have 1 at In laws place. BUt as he grows older he dun wan to sleep in sarong will wail and roll over to get out. So now we train him to sleep on bed. he will roll around till fall asleep

cherishbebe

me too put my girl in sarong for daytime. Not much swinging though Main part is that it is safer to leave in sarong, since my mother is alone taking care of her, she may crawl and fall if leave her on bed, at least sarong has zip, she will not fall to ground.

at night, she will sleep on bed. pat pat abit and she will fall sleep fast. maybe because she only nap once in the day, it is quite easy to get her to sleep at night.

Queenbabe

Ya lor , sarong is the best i think & safer for them when they know how to turn , but must put mattress in case . My son also sleep sarong now and machine operated hehe coz very tired to use hand coz he havent sleep i will be the one fall asleep. LOL :shyxxx:

JacquiLau

I have been advised by my relatives not to put baby in sarong because it's bad for baby's spine... is that true?

LoVeS

I have been advised by my relatives not to put baby in sarong because it's bad for baby's spine... is that true?
Not too sure if it true or nt but my ds been slping in sarong since the 1mth old till 1yr old n so far so gd BUT it still best nt to put bb in sarong coz it will bcome a habit for ur bb to slp in sarong.

Last edited:

JacquiLau

Sometime I feels like everyone put in their 2 cents of advise and I seriously feel lost at time as to who listen to... Even those that never had baby before will start advising me because they heard from some magazine or their aunt or mum etc...

It would be nice for the baby to sleep in the sarong because I am currently at my parent's place and I am on a super single bed... I am just not sure where to put the baby for sleeping if not in sarong... :tconfused: Poor hubby is already going to sleep on the floor...

adoncia

I put my girl in the sarong when she was a few months old.. I guess she feels more secure inside, which makes her sleep longer? Didn't really rock her to sleep as she falls aslp fast when she is in sarong. When she is around 10 months old, she no longer wants to sleep inside the sarong. We try to rock her to sleep in the sarong, she doesn't fall aslp until we rock her for around an hour... And whenever she try to turn, she will cry... As there is no space for her to turn.. So now, she sleeps on the bed... I guess, it really depends much on the baby on where he/she should sleep. Most importantly is baby much feel comfortable... :D

Pwiincess

My babygirl sleeps in the sarong.
But when she goes back to my Mum's place, she sleeps in the cot.

So I think it wouldnt become a habit.

I agree that babies sleeps longer in the sarong. They feel more secured that way! =)

CanCanMum

i've kept my sarong recently, for good...coz taking up lots of space and under-utilized (weekends nia~).....and he sleeps on sofa for naps...

funny leh...he can sleep for 4 hours!!!