Do you bathe/wash hair during your confinement period?

yen

I start to bath on the 2nd day liao... canot stay the smelly, sticky body & oily hair... hehehee.... but i only wash my hair alternate days den blow dry...

Vone

Havent bathe for 1 week .. and more to come :( MIL dont allow me to bathe !! *pulls hair*

But she boils lemon grass water for me to wipe myself @_@ I'm using dry shampoo to groom myself daily too.

Miss bathing :( Dont know when she'll cook the herbal water for me..

ya bath wz 'da feng chao' also lo & shampoo hair! But nbr blow dry la...

stayed in aircon room still....lolx

[during my confinement period, im more slimmer dan normal days!]

weird mah?!:err:

mummy serene

i wash my hair daily but bath twice a day with ta feng chao, damn shiok with shampoo & conditioner.

Cant tahan the oily, smelly feeling.

i cant stand nt washing my hair.... i tolerate til the 3rd day of my confinement period, & i wanted to go & wash my hair!

so my mum quickly went to buy the herbs for me to wash my hair.... seriously, wash like nv wash like that. cos u cant use clear water.. used the herb+water..
but at least better than cant bath...

bathed with herbs everyday aft the 7th day confinement. until the end of the confinement month.

spottycow

Coz I delivered by c-section, so I didn't shower till the doc took my bandage off at 7th day after delivery. Just use warm water and wash my hair alternate days. But b4 the doc took the bandage off, I just use wet towel to wipe.....during that time I was dying to shower coz I sweated bucket loads....It was during May...so hot!!

tiziana

for me the next morning after i gave birth, i went to bathe liao, but i nv wash my hair. haha i cannot tahan the dirtyness and stickiness, cuz mine is natural delivery den somemore got the lochia. making me feel worse. but after discharge from hospital i alternate days will wash my hair with hot water and bathe my body and will blow dry my hair. cannot dun bathe cuz the breastmilk will make my whole body sticky. :tlaugh:

nicole

i bathed and washed mine hair few hours after ive delivered dd. but then , dh made sure the aircon in the room were switched off and that i got covered by towels once ive off the water, and dried and clothed me up before i step outta the toilet. my mum and dh's mum not the traditional type , so they encouraged me to bath and wash mine hair as and when i want to , just make sure i dont catch a cold =)

deardar

yes i do
i bathe everyday
abt quite fast within 10min
cos my mum told mi cant bathe too long during confinment

maine78

i shower at the hospital the next day i gave birth n kena scolded by dh n mum. I managed to tahan for 1wk without shower but i wiped w a cloth everyday. After tat, i bath with Da Feng Cao every 3days.

Funny thing is, my jamu lady will noe if i've bath the previous day coz she say i've a lot of wind in my body n she kept burping while massaging me

EforEileen

offtopic..

if there are aliment if we bath during confinement period, then how come malays and indians oso bath right after birth?? i mean we are all same human.. how come we will got alot of problem when old while they wont??

tis is somethin im veri curious ever since i saw a malay gal bath right after she give birth during my stay in hospital.

Celina

my massage lady told me, the things they drink during confinement is diff from us. so they can bathe daily. and their drink is very terrible in taste. and their confinement period is 44 days while ours is 40 days. anyway, i cant bathe during the first 1 week or so, cuz i c-sec. so the bandage is stil on me. My mil keep saying n nagging i cant bathe. but i dun care. i took out the bandage n went to bathe straight away aft a week of constant wiping with hot water. but useless too, stil very sticky.

Vone

yeah ! confinement over at last.. jasmine ~ i think im the most dirtiest lol i was only allowed to bath during my son's full month.. which was 2 days ago full 1 month never bath*gosh i almost faint esp the hair* SO glad its over

:(

jaynshar

for my 1st confinement...i didnt wash my hair for 3 n half weeks..till MIL buay tahan..ask me go wash hair...for bathing part will be 2 weeks after bath..
2nd confinement...doing on my own....so do sm cheating...wash hair 1 week after bath...3 days bath one time

Joylucas

I bathed on my 2nd day after delivery at the hospital wen the nurse ask to do so. She says so that wound wun get infection.

During confinement, i bathed every other day with very hot water. The rest of days juz wipe myself with towel. Washed my hair once a wk.:Dancing_wub: