Do you circumcise your boy?

Mummy73

Please do not circumsize if there is no health reason. It's v painful! Irregardless of the age! I have read enough and consulted 3 known pediatrician to conclude this. There's a reason for the foreskin to be present! It can be used for skin graft later if ever needed. My mother nagged at me to have him circumsized , so did my mother in law " it's cleaner, easier to do it now then later.... Blah blah blah." I am putting my foot down, it's my child, I made the decision. I trust the current medical research and I am well informed, so NO! I will not subject my boy to pain!

DocsNemesis

Just being doing some research and found this in a recent site

The American Academy of Pediatrics announces its first major shift on circumcision in more than a decade, saying the health benefits clearly outweigh the risks, and that all newborn boys should be circumcised.
Actually what they said was, circumcision *may* have benefits that outweigh the risks, but that the decision should still be left up to parents. Way to outright lie. >.<

The benefits they've decided may make it risk your baby's life are a possible reduction in certain STD's. Yet, the US, with the highest circumcision rate in the world, also has the highest rate of HIV/AIDS. How does that make sense?? The only guarantee for not getting an STD is using protection every time and being in a steady relationship. NOT cutting off part of an infant's penis. Even if there is some benefit, there's no reason for a newborn to be circ'd, since they won't be having sex until they're much older. The infections myth has been constantly shown to be false, even the original methodology showing STD's were more common was flawed and the infections of yesteryear were caused by misinformation on how to care for an uncircumcised baby/child. (For the record, you don't push back the foreskin, its fused and not supposed to be pushed back, just clean the outside)

ecila23

Can anyone give review? I am pondering which clinic to go for my bb boy circumcision.

1) crescent clinic
2) sidek
3) dr aziz clinic at kembangan?

wepo12

Crescant clinic is now $140 cash ..by Dr tahir..no need appointment just come weekdays 8-11am . sidek is about $300 + but can use medisave buy need appoinmnt

wepo12

Dont know...about Dr SIdek ... never been there ... but dont expect too much from crescant clinic ... the procedure takes about less than 10 mins ... you wont even talk to the dr ... just the nurses ... n u wont get to see how they do it .....but they are fast lor ...

ecila23

Just back from crescent clinic... Heart pain when I hear bb cry while waiting outside... Bb slept on the way back till he wake up for feeding... A bit discomfort can tell from his face... Hope everything goes well from now on...

Anyone know if the white string will drop itself or?

C_Ang

Went to Crescent took 6 days for the ring to fall off.....out of interest you do for religion or hygiene?

lyra

I think we really should learn how to care for a baby boy's penis instead of doing circumcision on them. It looks terribly painful. I can't believe ppl said "the younger the less painful". Babies can't tell u how painful it is but that doesn't mean it's not.