Do you circumcise your boy?

gumbokins

You can call the clinic?

It's $130 by cash only, with pain meds and a follow-up 2 days later.

Crescent Clinic. Blk 1A, Eunos Crescent #01-2473. Tel: 6745-8624

Triquetra

You can call the clinic?

It's $130 by cash only, with pain meds and a follow-up 2 days later.

Crescent Clinic. Blk 1A, Eunos Crescent #01-2473. Tel: 6745-8624
By appointment only? How long before should I call to make appt?
I intend to let my son do it 1 week after birth, is that okay?

werxbabe

I Have done my 2 mThs old baby at dr sidek. The amount is $350 deductible by medisave and u just need to pay $25 cash for medicine. Bring along the baby's birth cert, and if you are using your medisave will b ur IC and ur CPF statement

ChocoBaby

Isn't a few weeks old too young? Hubby wants to wait till he's 6 but I'm thinking baby is better cos he'll only be drinking milk so no need to pantang on food. KK does it well right?

Ps. Besides religion purpose, for me personally I think it's sooo much cleaner. If with foreskin, cleaning has to be really thorough. If not when u pull the skin back, OMG.... STINKS!

Triquetra

Isn't a few weeks old too young? Hubby wants to wait till he's 6 but I'm thinking baby is better cos he'll only be drinking milk so no need to pantang on food. KK does it well right?

Ps. Besides religion purpose, for me personally I think it's sooo much cleaner. If with foreskin, cleaning has to be really thorough. If not when u pull the skin back, OMG.... STINKS!
I intend to do it when bb is a couple weeks old.
No worries on the food part since bb will only be drinking milk and faster recovery+ lesser hassle on the wound since he doesnt move about much. Furthermore they won't remember going through such pain when they grow up hehee!

foscom

I intend to do it when bb is a couple weeks old.
No worries on the food part since bb will only be drinking milk and faster recovery+ lesser hassle on the wound since he doesnt move about much. Furthermore they won't remember going through such pain when they grow up hehee!
Let me know how it goes. Im expecting another boy and will be getting it done.

foscom

Hi Mai Chiang...It a personal choise of course, but for me it is now a must.

I have two boys. Im chinese and our family did not practice it or talk about it. Our first I did not get circumicised, but he kept getting infections. This was really serious in some cases and we opted for circumcision. After the proceedure he never has another infection. The second we had done after birth and he has not had one infection. My friends and family who opted for circumcision at birth never have problems with infection, of those that did not circumcise almost all have had problem with infections (despite tring to keep it clean, use creams, etc). To date almost half of my friends and family who did not have their sons circumcise after birth have opted to do it. In my view better to do it and do as young as possible as the proceedure is very simple early in life.

How old your son? u doing it for religious reasons?

Last edited:

maichiang

mi boi is 6 mnth old..we dun do for our boi in our religion or race..and i've nvr heard of boiz havin infection..hmmmm..shall ponder ova diz,thks!=D

foscom

mi boi is 6 mnth old..we dun do for our boi in our religion or race..and i've nvr heard of boiz havin infection..hmmmm..shall ponder ova diz,thks!=D
Actually it is not a case of if but when and how bad the infection will be if they are not circumcised. If you are going to do you should try to do before he is one. The plastibell method is best, involves less cutting and no stitches. The proceedure takes 5 min at the doctors clinic and recovery is almost immediate.

flo

I'm a first time mom. Never knew much about circumcision, my family is Chinese and did not do it or talk about it. Hubby did not do it. I am expecting a boy and the topic came up at work. Once of my friends mentioned she did her boy coz cleaner etc. She said a lot of Chinese do now days for hygiene not religion. Hard decision.... Anyone do or thinking to do for hygiene not religion? and when/where should I do?

Last edited:

Triquetra

I'm a first time mom. Never knew much about circumcision, my family is Chinese and did not do it or talk about it. Hubby did not do it. I am expecting a boy and the topic came up at work. Once of my friends mentioned she did her boy coz cleaner etc. She said a lot of Chinese do now days for hygiene not religion. Hard decision.... Anyone do or thinking to do for hygiene not religion? and when/where should I do?
I brought my newborn to do it last Friday at Crescent Clinic.
Dr Tahir is highly recommended. My bb was 1+ week so the cost is cheaper $100.
The ring just dropped off this morning.

flo

I brought my newborn to do it last Friday at Crescent Clinic.
Dr Tahir is highly recommended. My bb was 1+ week so the cost is cheaper $100.
The ring just dropped off this morning.
Thanks for the information. Very useful. Did you circumcised for religion or hygene?

Triquetra

Thanks for the information. Very useful. Did you circumcised for religion or hygene?
Both hubby and I are chinese. Did it for hygiene purpose, lower risk of infection cause sometimes bacteria tends to trap underneath the foreskin and if cleaning is not done properly will lead to UTI etc.

Last edited: