Do you drink lots of cold water when you're pregnant?

rainypink

I have been taking cold drinks for many years liao. I hate hot drinks, i dnt even take tea. I always have ice water wherever i go.

other than cold water, i feel nauseous when given other kind of drink.
water+ice, how can link to asthma???!!!

hahaha.. to me, it doesnt.
:Dancing_wub:

Amulet

its not medically proven that cold drinks will affect baby in anyway.. i had only cold drinks thoughout my pregnancy.. ;)

janellechew

Actually I don't know why older generation said cold drinks link with asthma. I read from somewhere that Stress can leads to asthma..:wong19:

Hi MTBs & Mummies,

Do you drink lots of cold plain water when you're pregnant?
Will it affect the baby?
*Worried*

my gfs & i were talking abt this one evening over dinner ... & i posed one question back to them.

when you drink water, the liquid is passed through your oesophagus (dunno how to spell) & ur digestive tracts before being absorbed by your body, yes?

so logically, during this process, won't the liquid conform to your body temperature? & at the end of the day, in wot form is it transferred to ur baby? in its full liquid composition or only the nutrients that's been extracted (assuming there are any)?

logically, should be just nutrients right since ur body has already processed it?

so it does not matter whether it's hot or cold ... your body knows how to rectify this for baby.

i drank normally throughout my pregnancy - including a small carton of COLD milk every morning.

my baby boy is almost 7 mths & doing just fabulously!

Amulet

my gfs & i were talking abt this one evening over dinner ... & i posed one question back to them.

when you drink water, the liquid is passed through your oesophagus (dunno how to spell) & ur digestive tracts before being absorbed by your body, yes?

so logically, during this process, won't the liquid conform to your body temperature? & at the end of the day, in wot form is it transferred to ur baby? in its full liquid composition or only the nutrients that's been extracted (assuming there are any)?

logically, should be just nutrients right since ur body has already processed it?

so it does not matter whether it's hot or cold ... your body knows how to rectify this for baby.

i drank normally throughout my pregnancy - including a small carton of COLD milk every morning.

my baby boy is almost 7 mths & doing just fabulously!
this is wat i mentioned too, to the aunty to told me i drink cold drinks might as well don breastfeed my baby coz my milk not good..:Dancing_tongue:

M&M

i drink cold water too~ weather is just too hot and unbearable.
my bb seems to enjoy the cold drinks that i drink too! hehehe. whatever it is i just make sure that i drink more room temperature plain water then cold drinks and i make sure that i dun drink too much sugary stuffs cos i got the habit of drinking milo and milo is pretty sweet. :)

veronica

I only take cold drinks even before I got pregnant.

Now I still cos I cannot stand hot drinks. I even take cold drinks in the morning when I have my b/f....

Queenbabe

I drink alot of cold drinks. Soft drink, tea wif ice, iced mocha, ice milo. Is it becoz of this then my DS now easily block nose haiz so sad.