Do you let your child kiss the dog

elmo168

Hi,

My dog got very excited when he saw my neighbour's dog. While playing, my boy want to kiss the dog. Is it safe?

SH74

i hv dogs myself. my boy loves to let my dogs lick his hands. but aft that, i'll usu wash his hands. i'll cont to do that until he's prob 2-3 yo. jus in case. worried that his immunity syst is still not strong enough. even though my dogs r home bound, n the food they eat r controlled by me, it's still better b safe than sorry.

My dog gives my 6 weeks baby's face a light lick a few times. Don't really care. She's not about to die from my doggie's licks. Then again, it's my dog not some strange dog.

stonston

Yes, my boy kisses my dog on the lips.
he loves to hug her too.

My parents will freak out, my maid also freaks out.
but me n hb r ok with it. jus tt will ask him wash his hands after playing with dog n if got kiss, must wash mouth :D

K

kyala

I will even encourage my kids to kiss my dogs. It helps the kid to build a sense of responsibility towards animals and also build immunity.

stonston

I will even encourage my kids to kiss my dogs. It helps the kid to build a sense of responsibility towards animals and also build immunity.
but i got 1 problem, he loves them so much he wants to sleep with the dog (but my dog is BIG, so i'm not comfy with it), scared she suffocate him.

and another problem, he is also extremely frenly to stray dogs. when we brought him to msia, he insisted on patting the dogs n playing with the dogs (& all my relatives started to scold me).

SH74

older generation alw feel that dogs n babies cannot live together. to them, dogs r dirty. they think dogs nowadays r like their time's kampong dogs. but wat they dunno is that dogs nowadays got better lives. dun think last time got vets. now got so many vets n so many ppl spend so much to bring their dogs n pets to vet. we treat dogs like kids. but they dun understand all these.

that's y i dun let my relatives come my plc. if not, they sure SCREAM n nag. if they see my boy alw let my dogs lick his hands and stuff, i think they'll jump down fr my unit. hahaha... :D

stonston

my relatives r ok with my boy playin with my own dog (cos they noe they clean her n bring her to vet often). but they were extremely worried when he wanted to play with the stray dogs. cos dunno will bite or not, dunno got disease or not.

my parents did nag when i was preggie but after a while they stopped nagging le.

pkshl

older generation alw feel that dogs n babies cannot live together. to them, dogs r dirty. they think dogs nowadays r like their time's kampong dogs. but wat they dunno is that dogs nowadays got better lives. dun think last time got vets. now got so many vets n so many ppl spend so much to bring their dogs n pets to vet. we treat dogs like kids. but they dun understand all these.

that's y i dun let my relatives come my plc. if not, they sure SCREAM n nag. if they see my boy alw let my dogs lick his hands and stuff, i think they'll jump down fr my unit. hahaha... :D
ya, my mil also told me to keep my chihuahua away from my baby after i give birth. they are concerned la, but to me, my dog is also my baby, i also heck care them.

ilovekek

dog are cleaner than dog?I still wont let my children play with dog...Just a prevention.I didnt know what would happen,maybe my children imun system is not strong or the dog will bite?

CarolOng

Hb & me will like our baby to grow up loving animals so we hv no prob in letting our baby kiss our dogs & vice versa. Jus practise good personal hygience & ensure baby is clean after all the 'kissing'. :tlaugh:

Porukadotzu

for me, i won't let animal kiss my baby or the otherway around... coz nomatter how clean an animal still animal... they would "clean" their butt with their mouth... so...:001_302:

my PIL is super keen to let my girl play, eat & sleep & behave like their DOGS...MIL even comments that i am so 'kia si'...

Maybe because i dun hv dogs frm young so i dun like this idea esp if the dog's fur are falling off as they arent properly cleaned, feed. My PIL would often beat those animals infront of my bb...this isnt a good way to guide a bb!

my hus & I would like our child to love animals and nt abuse them bt kissing & playing when they are so young is a NO NO to me. as what porukadotzu mentioned, 'animal still animal' we wont knw wat's their next move... ...

ilovekek

my PIL is super keen to let my girl play, eat & sleep & behave like their DOGS...MIL even comments that i am so 'kia si'...

Maybe because i dun hv dogs frm young so i dun like this idea esp if the dog's fur are falling off as they arent properly cleaned, feed. My PIL would often beat those animals infront of my bb...this isnt a good way to guide a bb!

my hus & I would like our child to love animals and nt abuse them bt kissing & playing when they are so young is a NO NO to me. as what porukadotzu mentioned, 'animal still animal' we wont knw wat's their next move... ...

I agree,we should love animal..Not kissing them.We cant know if suddently they will act agresively.