Do you still celebrate....

almond

What i did...
0. Arrange my mom to take care of Ds for 24hrs
1. Bring/accompany her to watch a movie of her choice
2. Brought her a diamond earring
3. Secretly booked a room at carlton hotel
4. At evening, send her 13 blue roses, and 14 red roses.

Total damage=$1xxx
In the end, i got scolded until i feel and realised that i'm very crazy, can even be classified as stupid...
:tlaugh::Dancing_tongue:

autumn82

What i did...
0. Arrange my mom to take care of Ds for 24hrs
1. Bring/accompany her to watch a movie of her choice
2. Brought her a diamond earring
3. Secretly booked a room at carlton hotel
4. At evening, send her 13 blue roses, and 14 red roses.

Total damage=$1xxx
In the end, i got scolded until i feel and realised that i'm very crazy, can even be classified as stupid...
:tlaugh::Dancing_tongue:
Erm... Ok wat! Quite reasonable wor! Unlike my DH, bought a tiffany ring which I feel erm... Silver like not worth that price lor...

raeka

YUp yup still celebrate V day. Bringing our boy along to celebrate together.. so is our 1st V day family celebration.

lawla12

huh gib ang pao....so funny de~

definitely not lomantic liaoz......
hahahaa.....run out of ideas liao laaaaa.......

sianz..smtimes when i suggest tis, his face will "HUH, so ma fan" :beek: ......zzzzzz :SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:

mgrtan

Usually, my husband buy a cheap flower from a distributor shop. Very cheap and romantic - according to him. I said 'Thanks, baby. I love it' - i mean in in sarcastic way. hahahaha.......

jazz_sofia

Do you still celebrate Valentine Day after marriage?

Do you buy gifts for each other during birthday, christmas & new year???

yes...hubby and i still celebrate valentines day...he got me a bracelet last valentines day, i got him a new cap...we still buy gifts for each other for all other occasion-bday, christmas, newyear, anniv (ofcourse), mothers day and fathers day...:001_302:

stonston

my hb v budget one. always buy 1 stalk of rose from market ($0.50 onli).
but our first v day present we gave each other an engraved ring :)

yellowpudding

Still celebrate :) He received a Mont Blanc wallet from me last year and I received a Chanel Bag this year from him (it's valentine day + mothers' day gift) :)

snowbear

We celebrate in a small way, like gg out for a meal together with dd of coz. We've never left dd in anyone else's care before and we'd feel strange without her anyway. We still get gifts for each other, though not surprise gifts.. it'd be like we're out shopping then if i like something n it happens that my bday's coming then he'll say buy for my birthday..

Stan

Hubby likes to buy flowers on v day even though i keep telling him to give me the $$$$$$ he spends on the flowers!!.... so expensive and then not lasting!

Usually will buy each other presents on birthdays and go out for nice dinner on wedding anniversaries.

Last edited:

Hammie

No Valentine's Day celebration, no wedding anniversary celebration. As for my BD, he only remembered this yr cos last yr I bought a whole choco BD cake and ate it myself while cursing him at the same time.

PinkDiamonds

So far we remember birthday, anniversary & V-day.

This year V-day nothing happened, but I don't mind.

My money comes from him, so he rather I keep the money and cook him a home-made meal instead. But for me he is more generous in gifts.

whitecat

Alpha Male
When we hv form a family nukleus, VDay is secondary concern. Our kids has replaced all tat former teenage hovey-groovy infatuations.

cocraze

For us, depends on timing and finances..

Birthdays we celebrate with our respective families, mine with my family, his with my inlaws, so it's kinda 'standard procedure'. My family is buy cake eat at my parents' house. His family practice is eat out at restaurant and cut cake. We used to buy birthday presents for each other, but stopped since I stopped work (cos my money now come from him, and I told him better save money, dun spend on too many unnecessary stuff since now only single income+gal just born+doing flat reno now)

Wedding Anniversary: We used to take leave and book hotel room, just to have time to ourselves (cos we still live with his parents). cannot have special romantic arrangements at home. Now with baby gal this year, dunoe how...wait and see.
Usually we dont exchange presents for anniversary, but he once bought me a nice diamond ring, $5k+ from my favourite jeweller (we custom made our wedding rings with him and I've only bought jewellery from him since then, a brooch, ring and pendant. All one-of-a kind, no duplicates), which I still love wearing.

VDay: we've never been the 'celebrate VDay with presents/fancy dinner/flowers' type. Cos I told him off one VDay when he bought me a bouquet of flowers. Frankly, I liked it cos it was one of the rare times he automatically bought flowers for me after we married. But at that time, we were still in "savings" mode for our flat, so I heartache that he spend extra money on ultra-expensive flowers during VDay season. We usually just have a normal dinner outside (we ate out every weekday night when I was still working).

No practice of gift exchange for Christmas.

cmeilim

yes, we still celebrate val's day, birthdays, all sorts of anniversaries, give xmas presents etc. i am usually the one doing the planning and organising for dinners, getaways etc. he gladly lets me do the planning and he just supports it and comes along, cos i am better at it and enjoy it tremendously. but he plans for my birthday (so that it will be a 'surprise' for me), and for his part of the val's day present. nothing lavish, but just a way of taking some time out for just-us only, esp impt now that we have a baby.

incidentally tmr is his birthday and we start celebrating from tonite until this weekend! all my plans. =)

Last edited: