Do you still maintain your beauty after you got married/have babies?

mommysnake

My hubby cant dress well, he has no fashion sense,lol..im always the one who teach him how to mix and match his clothings and to look well-groomed at all time.:)

Nothing lasts forever and nothing is for granted..i appreciate natural beauty but looks fade away if u dun take care of it..Aging is a natural process but the least we can do is prolong our youth and beauty, i thank my parents for giving me good looks, fair/clear complexion, good height (1.68m) and a looks that attracts different attention,lol..some of you mummies here has mistaken me as a Eurasian/Mixed when im 100% pure chinese,lol..:D and i thank God for giving me a youthful outlook, many ppl say i look much younger than my age and many can't guess my actual age and thats a compliment for any women.:Dancing_tongue:

dwarfs8

Good for u gal... Hmm recently my face is easily itchy and has pinkish bumps on my cheeks, it's not exactly pimples I think, cos it's like that for quite sometime alr... :( shld I go facial? R those expensive?

ariess

I still maintain my weight, diet and do some exercise whenever i am free. I still dress up well, make up and take care of my appearance. I admire those woman who still can maintain and have a sense of elegance with them even they are age 30+, 40+ or 50+

I put on 20kg dyeing preg. Luckily shed all. Now weigh 50kg and 1.68m so I'm still ok la! Still young also. Jus hit 22 when bb turns 1. Still attracting stares cos young mother I think. Hubby standing tall and very big build. He also wear very chin chai but he's oso 22 so ok la. He still likes me to doll up going out. But no make up cos bb loves kissing me . Hahaha. Its true that guys will find new flower when they get sick of seeing us plain sahm! So always dress up! Ppl compliment his wife he also shiok!

mommysnake

Good for u gal... Hmm recently my face is easily itchy and has pinkish bumps on my cheeks, it's not exactly pimples I think, cos it's like that for quite sometime alr... :( shld I go facial? R those expensive?
Hi, you may have sensitive skin or allergic to some products that may cause this reaction on ur skins, personally..i think facial is good for deep cleansing and extracting of blackheads but it does not really solve skin problems, you may like to visit a dermatologist instead but they can be quite costly.

posh

i still believe thats gals must maintain themselves even when they grow old, never give husband a chance to give execuses and find other gals outside.

lyra

When I was pregnant, I purposely wear very obvious maternity clothes so that ppl know I am preg n will give up seats for me and be careful not to knock onto me. I was very paranoid since it was my first pregnancy. haha.

Now, after giving birth, muz maintain looks n figure. There r vultures everywhere... last time, in hubby's ex-company, there r even PRC trying to hit on him even though she knows he's married! grrrr...

actually u r right abt maternity clothes, what i have in mind is not that, it's long spaghetti dress. hehe... i thank God, cos i'm 31 now, but people never believed that, they thought i'm only 26! :D

dwarfs8

Hi, you may have sensitive skin or allergic to some products that may cause this reaction on ur skins, personally..i think facial is good for deep cleansing and extracting of blackheads but it does not really solve skin problems, you may like to visit a dermatologist instead but they can be quite costly.
Thanks for replying! Yep, I think probably the scrub I was using last week made my face itchy and gave the bumps. Changed another scrub and was getting better alr :)

I went sasa cos they have a sale going on and the salesperson told me that if I have acne or sensitive skin, better not to use those scub with beads that are too big. I told her what happened to me and she shown me another scrub frm Korea which has fine beads and will have those white dirt as u scrub, nice, so much gentler on my face!

dwarfs8

i still believe thats gals must maintain themselves even when they grow old, never give husband a chance to give execuses and find other gals outside.
It's the ugly truth that there are some hubbies who may look at other younger girls while the one at home is aging. Well, I think it's part of Our nature too, or at least for me, coa sometimes I do look at handsome guys too! Haha.. But just looking, nothing more!

It is important to look good and feel good about yourself. Because only then you can teach your kids to love themselves and take care of it.

-

i am pretti bochup after having my 1st kid, till hubbie one day told me how he missed my younger days, when i used to maintain my waist-long hair

he said he loved to play with my long hair... he was disappointed that i cut my hair to shoulder length... actually, for me, it was for easy washing during shower

after i got pregnant with 2nd child... i started growing my hair long again... havent cut my hair for many months already... now the pregnancy hormones and the prenatal supplements actually help my hair grow faster than normal

not to mention my fast-growing nails... i just dun like trimming them... too lazy... as my tummy grows bigger, i find it almost impossible to trim my toe nails... need pedicure service

for face, i only use a facial scrub twice a week... and a good facial cleanser for my daily regimen... no other special beauty lotion or the likes... for me, having plenty of good sleep at night is the best beauty maintenance... sleeping early also makes your skin age slower than having little sleep and lots of stress to handle daily

for facial cleanser, i personally swear by the brand of AVENE soapless gel cleanser... causes my face to glow a healthy youthful radiance, and reduces chance of pimples... it is for sensitive oily skin types

i still try to dress nicely, as long as my comfort is not compromised

:wong30:
Yes. I have been switching to Avene prdts as I hv slightly sensitive skin. After abt a mth of usage,I find that my skin is becoming more radiance and moisturize. Esp the soapless foaming gel and gentle toner. Both are fragrance n alcohol free.

mayberry

I still maintain my beauty after I married. I wanted to look young n pretty always. My hubby always encourages me to put on some light make up whenever I go. He doesn't like me to grow fat too. I think it is also important to keep me look gd so that my hubby will not look at other gals as I will be jealous if he keeps staring at other gals.

Gem2505

Im like abit thick skin. I went for lunch/dinner at fast food places, i still asked for student meal. LOL. surprisingly, i managed to get thru all without producing any student pass etc. hahaha! =D
only can order it without my bb around. LOL.

dwarfs8

Im like abit thick skin. I went for lunch/dinner at fast food places, i still asked for student meal. LOL. surprisingly, i managed to get thru all without producing any student pass etc. hahaha! =D
only can order it without my bb around. LOL.
Wow! So how old r u exactly?

lyra

I find that after giving birth, my skin is better, drier n less pimples n blackheads. I used to have oily T zone but not anymore. Hormonal changes, perhaps? Breastfeeding really helps in slimming down also. I'm back to pre preg weight n baby is not 2 mths yet. Can spend lesser on skincare n slimming :)

MamabbJ

Hi ladies,

I enjoyed reading this thread! Cheered me up!
My answer to the thread question: Yes, yes, yes! Why not?
We should also guard and maintain our image, poise, modesty and personality before that too!

Modesty is a beautiful trait that I admire: Definitions of which I'd like to highlight --> Modesty is an attitude of propriety and decency in dress, grooming, language, and behavior. It is the quality of having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits, importance, and being free from vanity, egotism, boastfulness, or great pretensions or showy extravagance.

Like what some ladies and mummies shared here, maintaining our beauty is about self-respect and being able to take care of ourselves well.

We must remember to be kind to ourselves too despite the many commitments as a mummy and wife.

For me, I looking good makes me feel good too! I also don't like the idea of people calling me "auntie" esp. young kids and my friends' kids. They do it out of respect and I am not angry at them. But before I became a mummy, I told the kids to just call me by name or just "jie-jie" will do! Haa! Haa!