Does your DH give you money every month?

SH74

all the while, my hubby usu pay for almost everything.

but now got house alr, hv to sit down n talk abt who to take care of wat. hv to do my part also.

my plan is to open a joint acct n we both put a % of our salary into it monthly.

autumn82

So his savings at other bank, does he have an atm card for tt acct? Yes, I agree guys like to say, my money or ur money eventually will be ours mah. But wat if there are exceptions? *Touchwood* If any case, need a "D"? Then his savings will be his and not OURS oredi rite? Maybe I dink too much but for me, better be safe than sorry. LOL.

The cardholder is u or him? He's weird. Y not u be the one saving and he be the one paying instead? Since he is earning more than u, ask him for a sum of $$ monthly then u save in the bank lor. LOL. Must change roles once in a while mah.. Haha. :p

happygolucky

Agreed with you Autumn. Have to change role, that's why I think hard how to change. Credit card is under his name. But so far I still can afford to clear the bill, luckily he does not anyhow spend. My priority now is my children, just make sure I can afford to bring them up. I feel like sandwich, press and push from top, bottom, left and right. Have to support his parents and children, and myself too...Don't know how to release this burden.

happygolucky

Oh D is for divorce. Maybe it is better? At least get allowance decided by judge? But can't think of it. I do not know whether this kind of arrangement is common? Because his brother is also same, my SIL doesn't get any too. I ever complained to his sister, and his sister said that's the way should be. So beginning I was thinking maybe I am just too calculative but from the advices that all of you have posted here, seem that it's not right. I complained becoz I cannot take it anymore, keep paying and paying.

autumn82

His sis said that's the way it shld be coz it's beneficial for her bro.. Haha. But as the old saying, it's better to be safe than sorry at times. Nowadays, see so many cases where once guys have $$ they tend to be "fun", I won't say it applies to ALL guys, but there's still some "risk" involved. Haha. :p

2ndly, like I mentioned earlier, if really "D", the savings will be all his coz under his name. Maybe I watched too much dramas.. LOL. :p

SH74

happygolucky > ur hubby say he save for both of u. is that acct joint name? if not, can tell him that u want a name in that acct also?

can tell him nicely u want transparency n clarity in finances? reason it out w him. mayb use children as reason. if got transparency n clarity, then easier for u to plan their education fund n watsoever. now everything u pay, u cant save much for the kids,... if he cares for his kids, think he'll do something abt it.

happygolucky

Thank you for your advice. I will try to talk to him again. No, it's his own accounts. For children education, I have bought insurance for them, small amount but I hope will help a bit in the future. I do not want to think far ahead as the problems in front of me now still have not settled yet, or maybe I think too much which actually is not a problem at all.

SH74

even if dun intend to do anything abt education fund, just use that as reason 1st lor. say u want to increase their fund lor 'cause u find that it's not enough since everything going up. i think he'll do something if he cares for his kids.