Does your hubby let U take control on his finance & how far he letting U Control ?

Kelly80

Re: Does your hubby let U take control on his finance & how far he letting U Control

Hi kelly80,

If your hubby ...offer to pay for maid salary then say ok... Why keep quiet? :) I think you should speak up to your hubby & tell him your needs. you need a good communication with him.

For me .. I dont't know it's like you are facing. I am lucky.. that my hubby thinks that a wife should be pampered & love. So I never had to worry about all household expenses, I am not working as I m preggie I got monthly allowance... I got monthly allowance even when I was working last time. Before married, my hubby pays for everything... After married still pays for everything. Now I am preggie.. My hubby still pays for everything for baby... I got 2 new credit cards from him as a gift for "suffering tru pregnancy".

Still ask me if I got enough $ to buy clothes and stuff for baby & myself.. He even mention that not enough just tell him.

I dont't control my hubby"s finance.. He controls it well.. He put some $ for investment, betting soccer ( his hobby),buying gold,buy insurance for us, etc.
I am just lucky that my hubby dote on me & his unborn prince.
dont't envy or jealous.. Different hubby have different mentally.. So you shouldn't be keeping quiet .. He dont't know what you want??? you dont't know how much he can give you .... It all depends on the man"s mentality .. How much & how far he is willing to give.

Jia you ! Try talking to your hubby. If he understands good.. But if don't you got to accept it cos" if a man is like that .. Is like that. Won't change ..

Hi Dilys,

Is not i do not want communicate with him. I like chit chat and everytime we back my parents house, we whole family talk an hour during breakfast and is very warm family. But you know what my husband said. " why you family talk so much?" hey...i told him off because his family not talk much and even talk more then few minute, bad word and scolding and argument come out. I dont like stay at my husband parent house because always feel cold war between all the family member. i seldom talk to all their family member unless necessary.

i did not know much about his family member because we work at sin but hometown in KL. Luckly not stay together, only back once a few month.

This morning my son (sick) & my maid (mom medical checkup) go see doctor. i told him about the medical fee and he pretend did not know what i talking about. I ask him for the medical fee, you know what he say? he said " you fork out urself because you had no comittement and like to waster money" . i told him off also,saying husband should pay for all the maintenance. Later, he offer pay for my maid medical fee $30 instead my son medical $58. So, i need to fork our the money myself to pay the medical. Feeling like wanna cry because what kind of husband he look like. He is holding key management position and yet the attitude like this. Sometime, I told him what i want and how much i want, he can just pretend he did not know anything and always say forgot and did not hear i mention before.

Frankly speak, whenever me n my husband go oversea travel, sure have scolding and argue during the travel. I feel not happy to travel with him. i told him, I will never ever travel with him. Usually, when me and my parents travel, we always have a sum money to spend oversea and sure spend until dry but did not use credit card. But when i travel with my husband, he sure say this expensive and that expensive and at the end buy nothing and enjoy nothing. I told him, we had change the money for travel and we can spend that. He said, we can exchange back if we did not use it. THEN WHY CHANGE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

i will never ever travel with him . Last time he ask me travel to bangkok with his parents. I say no and great him enjoy himself there. You know what happen? My husband and his parents miss the flight (i say this is lesson and laught there). Can not say me evil because myhusband used to be late and everytime is i chase him so he never miss the flight and keep complain still have more time and this is the first lesson he miss the flight. he need stay one more day plus no more money to change. he use credit card to stay in hotel and purch another 3 air ticket back KL. The next day when there reach KL, my husband brother scold my husband because miss the flight & why bring parents go so far for holiday (this is their family culture always blame and scold) and cause he need take leave to take his children (usually his mother taking care the children) due to miss the flight. You know why he miss the flight? IS BECAUSE A CAN OF BEER.........................
he said the beer in thailand is cheap and left one can, he want drink finish it. Later he go to the wrong gate. on the way rushing (running with hand carry luggage) he father fall down. At last there reach the gate, the attendance said can not enter because flight already off. He mother said, why plane did not wait for ppl...hahahahhahahh.......really a family culture there. All brain is block and can not think properly.

Dilys

Re: Does your hubby let U take control on his finance & how far he letting U Control

Hi Dilys,

Is not i do not want communicate with him. I like chit chat and everytime we back my parents house, we whole family talk an hour during breakfast and is very warm family. But you know what my husband said. " why you family talk so much?" hey...i told him off because his family not talk much and even talk more then few minute, bad word and scolding and argument come out. I dont like stay at my husband parent house because always feel cold war between all the family member. i seldom talk to all their family member unless necessary.

i did not know much about his family member because we work at sin but hometown in KL. Luckly not stay together, only back once a few month.

This morning my son (sick) & my maid (mom medical checkup) go see doctor. i told him about the medical fee and he pretend did not know what i talking about. I ask him for the medical fee, you know what he say? he said " you fork out urself because you had no comittement and like to waster money" . i told him off also,saying husband should pay for all the maintenance. Later, he offer pay for my maid medical fee $30 instead my son medical $58. So, i need to fork our the money myself to pay the medical. Feeling like wanna cry because what kind of husband he look like. He is holding key management position and yet the attitude like this. Sometime, I told him what i want and how much i want, he can just pretend he did not know anything and always say forgot and did not hear i mention before.

Frankly speak, whenever me n my husband go oversea travel, sure have scolding and argue during the travel. I feel not happy to travel with him. i told him, I will never ever travel with him. Usually, when me and my parents travel, we always have a sum money to spend oversea and sure spend until dry but did not use credit card. But when i travel with my husband, he sure say this expensive and that expensive and at the end buy nothing and enjoy nothing. I told him, we had change the money for travel and we can spend that. He said, we can exchange back if we did not use it. THEN WHY CHANGE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

i will never ever travel with him . Last time he ask me travel to bangkok with his parents. I say no and great him enjoy himself there. You know what happen? My husband and his parents miss the flight (i say this is lesson and laught there). Can not say me evil because myhusband used to be late and everytime is i chase him so he never miss the flight and keep complain still have more time and this is the first lesson he miss the flight. he need stay one more day plus no more money to change. he use credit card to stay in hotel and purch another 3 air ticket back KL. The next day when there reach KL, my husband brother scold my husband because miss the flight & why bring parents go so far for holiday (this is their family culture always blame and scold) and cause he need take leave to take his children (usually his mother taking care the children) due to miss the flight. You know why he miss the flight? IS BECAUSE A CAN OF BEER.........................
he said the beer in thailand is cheap and left one can, he want drink finish it. Later he go to the wrong gate. on the way rushing (running with hand carry luggage) he father fall down. At last there reach the gate, the attendance said can not enter because flight already off. He mother said, why plane did not wait for ppl...hahahahhahahh.......really a family culture there. All brain is block and can not think properly.
Hi kelly80,

Sigh! Sorry to hear your situation! Is your hubby like that before marriage?
Looks like you don't have a choice already.. you are already married to him.

Well.. It's hard for a man to change if his mentality is already like that, family bringup is also very important.
I was just telling my hubby about your post.. He ask me question like :
1.Why do you married to such a guy??
2. Man should pampered his wife if he married her .. What's the point of doing this to the wife after marriage... Isn't cruel to the wife?
3. Yes .. My hubby agrees that man should make all contribution & woman don't need to pay for a single thing.

Hmm I keep quiet .... I told him I don't know .. Why also! Sorry to say .. If I were you .. Before marriage I will never pick such a guy.. If after marriage.. I will divorce him.. Cos" I can't stand such man!

Love is blind... Do what is best for you ... :) good luck I hope that your hubby will treat u better !

noelsmum

Kelly80, so what's your husband's role in the marriage? To me, he's like a sperm donor and that's it. He's not looking after you and your son and not paying for the maid. So what are his responsibilities? And be careful, in the event that you guys get a divorce, you might not even get anything from him in terms of monthly maintenance as you have proved that you're able to provide for yourself and for your child without him. I feel sorry for you.

Kelly80

Hi Dilys,

Before marry he such a kind & polite person who always bear all the expenses & seem like taking care family type. Even i said want to treat him, he also reject and pay for it. I beleive family background is important.

I had bring up few time to divorce since i can bring up my children without his support. But everytime bring up, he will say so sorry and feel quilty about what he treat me. :eek:. i also told him to find other women who can always gentle with him to takecare of him. He just keep quite.

What had been done can not turning back. What i can do now is to make my life better by talk less to him and educate my children. i beleive if i want to do better to mylife, i can.

Before marry man and after marry is different. Most important is NEED OPEN EYE TO SEE HIS FAMILY MEMBER RELATIONSHIP.

noelsmum

I had bring up few time to divorce since i can bring up my children without his support. But everytime bring up, he will say so sorry and feel quilty about what he treat me. :eek:. i also told him to find other women who can always gentle with him to takecare of him. He just keep quite.

What had been done can not turning back. What i can do now is to make my life better by talk less to him and educate my children. i beleive if i want to do better to mylife, i can.

Before marry man and after marry is different. Most important is NEED OPEN EYE TO SEE HIS FAMILY MEMBER RELATIONSHIP.
You know that he has won in his game? You have let him win and have allowed and in some ways encouraged him to treat you badly. He knows that you'll get angry, want to divorce him, he says sweet words and treats you well for a few weeks and then he'll go back to his own ways and the cycle will repeat itself over and over again. Will you be happy that way? If I were you, I would seriously change the locks of the house and then send him a lawyer's letter. You can't walk out of the house because you can lose the house if you guys do divorce.

Kelly80

Kelly80, so what's your husband's role in the marriage? To me, he's like a sperm donor and that's it. He's not looking after you and your son and not paying for the maid. So what are his responsibilities? And be careful, in the event that you guys get a divorce, you might not even get anything from him in terms of monthly maintenance as you have proved that you're able to provide for yourself and for your child without him. I feel sorry for you.
Hi noelsmum,

i agree with you. He seem like sperm donor. i not sure whether is because he knew i am independence type person, so he treat me like this. One day he told me whether can have one more bb for dragon year. I answer "NO" without thinking . What for to have bb while all the expenses i need bear in future. What i keep busy nowaday are, search for good material for my children and learn more chinese to help them. I did not want depend my husband anymore. Everytime i ask him teach my children chinese, he will said, no need learn so many language (he knew i did not know chinese) while in childcare. i just keep quite.

I am fast learner, i beleive if i want learn chinese writing I can make it , but need a bit hardwork. I'm holding many role in the house and work.. uhhhhhh.a bit tired but with my maid helping me do some homework for children, I can rest a while.

Quite strange, my sibling and parent's side family member, all man very responsible. On my husband side, all man seem like useless. Now only i notice but too late.

noelsmum

Not too late, Kelly80. It's never too late. Walk out with your head held high. He's bullying you.

Dilys

You know that he has won in his game? You have let him win and have allowed and in some ways encouraged him to treat you badly. He knows that you'll get angry, want to divorce him, he says sweet words and treats you well for a few weeks and then he'll go back to his own ways and the cycle will repeat itself over and over again. Will you be happy that way? If I were you, I would seriously change the locks of
the house and then send him a lawyer's letter. You can't walk out of the house because you can lose the house if you guys do divorce.
Totally agree !!!!

Dilys

Hi noelsmum,

i agree with you. He seem like sperm donor. i not sure whether is because he knew i am independence type person, so he treat me like this. One day he told me whether can have one more bb for dragon year. I answer "NO" without thinking . What for to have bb while all the expenses i need bear in future. What i keep busy nowaday are, search for good material for my children and learn more chinese to help them. I did not want depend my husband anymore. Everytime i ask him teach my children chinese, he will said, no need learn so many language (he knew i did not know chinese) while in childcare. i just keep quite.

I am fast learner, i beleive if i want learn chinese writing I can make it , but need a bit hardwork. I'm holding many role in the house and work.. uhhhhhh.a bit tired but with my maid helping me do some homework for children, I can rest a while.

Quite strange, my sibling and parent's side family member, all man very responsible. On my husband side, all man seem like useless. Now only i notice but too late.
Hi kelly80,

It's never too late to walk out of such misery. You got to find your own real happiness !
I will never allowed a man to bully me this way! You think he still love you? Hmm .. I always believe if a man loves a woman he should be treating the wife properly.

Happiness is in your hand... :) Jia you ..

Hi Kelly80,

After reading yr story, I admire u! I feel u are great n brave! U hv a positive mind too.. I too agree with Dily that a husband shd bear all or perhaps most of the financial responsibilities if it is within his abilities. Since he is earning much more than u, I don't see the point that he can't contribute to the family needs. Im sad to tell u I feel that he is trying to sweettalk u so that u will not file for divorce as he doesn't hv the intention to pay maintenance fees ! I am thinking if u really feel that u can handle yr kids alone, then u shd file for divorce, no pt carry on with this marriage. He probably just want sex but no contribution to the family, do u think u are blissful staying with such a husband? Well, it is just my opinion..do think twice!

My hubby too feels that every husband shd bear most of the financial responsibilities, that is the most basic role in a marriage life. Even Im working rgt now, he is also paying some of my insurance policies, my Cr card bills n yrly travelling expenses. He always tells me even if Im not working, I do not need to worry abt my premiums not paid n I will still get my mthly fix allowance which I am getting now. So I really feel blessed as Im aware not all husbands will contribute that much. But I really hope u can talk it out with yr hubby again if it can be worked out, if not, I think it is really unfair for u to bear most of the responsibilities alone! Divorce shd be the last to consider...

Last edited:

nunufish

For those who likes to shop , come to us www.nunufish.com we sell authentic branded goods at affordable prices. Lowest in town guarantee. Ladies fashion, bags, babies and children apparels... etc.
267_1718_da1206_01.jpg309_1954_jsm006_09.jpg27_136_hband_03.jpg269_1731_da1356_06.jpg246_1598_zwh005_02.jpg82_511_2730.jpg216_1375_xsj1801_green.jpg220_1402_xsj1841_grey.jpg

Last edited:

Kelly80

Thank you for all ur courage. I did mention to file divorce, later he said will die together with my boys. A bit worry and he will do so because he came out from babarian family which only use rough method. I think using some method to separate.

Dilys

Thank you for all ur courage. I did mention to file divorce, later he said will die together with my boys. A bit worry and he will do so because he came out from babarian family which only use rough method. I think using some method to separate.
Hi kelly80,

If I were you... I will ask him to go and die himself! I think you are too soft already towards this issue. He knows your weak point that's why he always know how to bully you!

If your hubby .. say these kind of things usually he won't do it .. This kind of babarian family won't have the guts to die .. Say say only!

Last edited:

Hmm.. I think it is better to be safe than sorry since u mentioned he comes frm a barbarian family. But did yr hubby ever beat u n yr kids? If yes, then better not take the risk, if he never beat u n kids before, then can consider yr stand. Try not to alert or threaten him to safe guard yrself. Think u need to take actions discreetly so that he will not hv chance to harm yr kids.

Kelly80

Hmm.. I think it is better to be safe than sorry since you mentioned he comes frm a barbarian family. But did yr hubby ever beat you n yr kids? If yes, then better not take the risk, if he never beat you n kids before, then can consider yr stand. Try not to alert or threaten him to safe guard yrself. Think you need to take actions discreetly so that he will not have chance to harm yr kids.

Dilsy,

My husband never beat me before but he will beat the children when he think should. Long long time ago, when we have argument. I did told him that, if he dare touch me one hair, i will direct file divorce and both children will under me. Eventually, if want to deal with my husband. I need to use soft instead hard because he is actually a family type and did not know how to express a good impression. He love his parents but i dont like the way he love. Love parents mean spend more time with them and bring them go outing. My husband never do that to his parents, but keep saying he love them. :shyxxx:

For me, i will bring my parents travel whenever i have extra money from saving. My parents prefer i bring them travel instead just paying them monthly maintenance which i did not do. Next year should bring my parents to turkey. at the same time i can relax my mind. The only thing tied me are my children....

Dilys

Dilsy,

My husband never beat me before but he will beat the children when he think should. Long long time ago, when we have argument. I did told him that, if he dare touch me one hair, i will direct file divorce and both children will under me. Eventually, if want to deal with my husband. I need to use soft instead hard because he is actually a family type and did not know how to express a good impression. He love his parents but i dont like the way he love. Love parents mean spend more time with them and bring them go outing. My husband never do that to his parents, but keep saying he love them. :shyxxx:

For me, i will bring my parents travel whenever i have extra money from saving. My parents prefer i bring them travel instead just paying them monthly maintenance which i did not do. Next year should bring my parents to turkey. at the same time i can relax my mind. The only thing tied me are my children....
Hi kelly80,

As long as your hubby never beat you.. still alright! But really think for yourself if you are happy now ? For me.. I love myself too much so I will never allow my happiness n life to be ruin by a man like that. If like what you say he is a family man .. He will provide you with everything without you even paying.

My hubby is also a family man.. Dont know how to express himself well also.He believes in contributing to his parents by giving monthly expense & $ for them to go traveling themselves. After marriage.. He does that to my parents also. So every year my parents gets to travel paid by hubby.

My hubby doesn't say that he love his parents but he will do & give whatever they requested. This is what a responsible man should do! Talk less & just do it!

Sorry .. Over here I really feel sorry for you that you are being treated this way.. :( very sad.. But no matter what our advice for you here.. Everything is up to yourself.. What life you want to continue .. no one will blame you for choosing the wrong choice .. As long as you are comfortable just go ahead to do whatever you want to do !

Take care okie !

noelsmum

There's never a right or wrong to a relationship or marriage. But ultimately it's about not having regrets and bringing up your kids in the most ideal environment in the worst situation. I've known of smart, wonderful and caring people who grew up in a single parent environment and similarly I known of friends that are pretty much screwed emotionally and mentally because their parents continued to be together despite hating each other's guts and would pit and use them against each other. It's your decision. And remember, whatever decision you make, there's always consequences be it good or bad.

Dilys

There's never a right or wrong to a relationship or marriage. But ultimately it's about not having regrets and bringing up your kids in the most ideal environment in the worst situation. I've known of smart, wonderful and caring people who grew up in a single parent environment and similarly I known of friends that are pretty much screwed emotionally and mentally because their parents continued to be together despite hating each other's guts and would pit and use them against each other. It's your decision. And remember, whatever decision you make, there's always consequences be it good or bad.
Yeah! I agree with noelsmum!

linuspine

flanky speaking, i control my wife money.. but i does not do those thg tat i giv u 10 bucks n here u go. she is an accountant and me is a engineer. Surprising that my manage of money for home is better than her. so if there is reason control of spouse money. I thk it quite fine. bt my style of doing is, we both have own account and share account. We will knw each other account password. she will have one ATM card of mine and she will have the share account ATM card. so i onli had mine own ATM card. (I have 1 account bt 2 ATM card) in a case when i need to spend or reali use money for home stuff etc. I will ask her go n withdraw money. So i will not any how withdraw n spend it. den my card she can saw hw my money flow. bt normally i will withdraw one shot wat i need n wont touch. so for my wife, i ensure that she will be the hse most contribution to the hse holds. any thing that she can save from there it all hers... I believe transparency in this area.