Dr Goh Shen Li - KKH

newbie2009

i was in labor for almost 8 hours. I started around 7am but i decided to stay at home first so i will be more comfortable and went to the hospital around 930-10am when the pain was so unbearable. Then I started with the gas end went for the epidural. I dont know if the reason i cannot really push was bec of the epidural as i cannot really feel the contraction that much even when they have stopped the flow of the meds.

Yup my first baby :) how about you?
I am expecting my 1st baby too. Oh u ended up using epidural? So does it help to make u feel less painful using it?

How was Dr Goh stitching skill?

Mummy Geeh

I am expecting my 1st baby too. Oh you ended up using epidural? So does it help to make you feel less painful using it?

How was Dr Goh stitching skill?
Oh that's nice.. new adventure for us!! ;)

Yeah i just cannot enudure the pain. (i have low tolerance with pain) I was initially using the gas but the pain comes back after a while so we decided to go for epudiral. It was a big relief for me.. you dont feel anything from waist down and you can increase the flow of meds if you start to feel the pain.

Stitching was ok. my stitches healed in 2 weeks time. I actually didnt feel anything when she was stitching me.

newbie2009

Oh that's nice.. new adventure for us!! ;)

Yeah i just cannot enudure the pain. (i have low tolerance with pain) I was initially using the gas but the pain comes back after a while so we decided to go for epudiral. It was a big relief for me.. you dont feel anything from waist down and you can increase the flow of meds if you start to feel the pain.

Stitching was ok. my stitches healed in 2 weeks time. I actually didnt feel anything when she was stitching me.
in your view, if you have another baby, will u still go back to her? I find that Dr Goh is nice.

Triquetra

I don't know how to judge delivery skill or stitching skill.
I just feel that she is dedicated and sincere when she cares.
She came to the labour ward quite a few times to check on me and also came quickly when the nurse informed her that I was already pushing.
After delivery she also came to check on my wound and tummy for the 2 days I stayed in the hospital =)

newbie2009

I dont't know how to judge delivery skill or stitching skill.
She came to the labour ward quite a few times to check on me and also came quickly when the nurse informed her that I was already pushing.
After delivery she also came to check on my wound and tummy for the 2 days I stayed in the hospital =)
I guess the attentiveness is rather important ba. also not sure what to look out for when choose a doc.

Mummy Geeh

I dont't know how to judge delivery skill or stitching skill.
Me too she went to my room and checked my stitches the day after my delivery.

Harmy

i've been seeing Dr Goh for the last 5 months or so and i think she's great, like others have said she is patient and doesn't rush you, asks you lots of questions and gives you time to ask what you need to know!

As for delivery, have to wait and see, those who are due soon would be great to hear how she was in the delivery room with you all.

I'm in week 34 so not too long to go.

I've already started getting braxton hicks contractions every now and then its like a tightening sensation under the belly button.

Best way to differentiate is to time them, they will not be regular like the real contractions.

I also feel my baby hicuping alot.

newbie2009

Just ended my visit with Dr Goh today, next week will be visiting Dr Irene again. I guess I am going to miss Dr Goh.

newbie2009

saw Dr Goh when i was going into the delivery suite. I am impressed that she still remembers me, even though I only sees her about 3-4times. She is indeed a very sweet and nice doc. Can consider her as a gynae for those M.T.B.

ArDz

For those have been under Dr Goh Shen Li, how frequent an appt can be after reaching 32wks of pregnancy?

Thanks.

newbie2009

For those have been under Dr Goh Shen Li, how frequent an appt can be after reaching 32wks of pregnancy?

Thanks.
I only get to see the gynae once every week when I was at week 38. Else it will be the usual once a month visit

EileenOng

Hi,

DR Goh had been my gyn of mine lst child (born in 2008) & now my 2nd bb still getting her.
She is very nice. :red:

dudieezper

My friend got to her clinic for having a bad condition, and she is really comfortable with the Doctor. You might just need to go to her clinic.SEO Services

Last edited: