Dr Goh Shen Li - KKH

lynntoh

Re: Dr Gohrc Shen Li - KKH

mummy lynn,

Wah so fast 17 weeks! u just your gynae izit?
Hi fydapai... I went for first appt with dr ben tham when im in my 7th week... Haha then change to dr goh but her earliest appt is 20march for tps.... Missed my feb appt liaos since im not going back to dr tham

fydapai

Hi fydapai... I went for first appt with dr ben tham when im in my 7th week... Haha then change to dr goh but her earliest appt is 20march for tps.... Missed my feb appt liaos since im not going back to dr tham
hi lynn,

Care to share why u switch gynae?

lynntoh

hi lynn,

Care to share why you switch gynae?
haha initially i wanted to go for subsidized de cus I was a little intimidated by TMC's cost, and I dont really like the environment of TMC.

Den after seeing your first consultation charges I find it quite reasonable tts y i changed to Dr Goh =) Had long plans of engaging her already just kinda worried about the cost factor.

Also, I hope my number 1 and number 2 can be born in the same hosp =) KKH is more mother friendly I guess. MOre food variety, more shopping variety too

fydapai

haha initially i wanted to go for subsidized cus I was a little intimidated by Thomson Medical Center's cost, and I dont really like the environment of Thomson Medical Center.

then after seeing your first consultation charges I find it quite reasonable tts y i changed to Dr Goh =) Had long plans of engaging her already just kinda worried about the cost factor.

Also, I hope my number 1 and number 2 can be born in the same hospital =) Kandang Kerbau Hospital is more mother friendly I guess. MOre food variety, more shopping variety too
hi lynn,

thats sounded fair enough! hehe

is this your second preganancy too?

KnGp

Hi lynn,

I bet your first impression on her will be "So pretty la this gynae"!! hehe thats my first impression of her when she assisted me during my labour (my previous gynae was away during that time). She is a soft-spoken lady, got those motherly touch, and will answer all your queries w/o rushing!

I paid $28 for the scanning, got myself 4 pictures of the scan! :Dancing_wub:

I got my medicine off the shelve at pharmacy, im on blackmoores the pregnancy pills. i think KKH will offer obimin should be less than $10 per bottles.
Yes! Yes! My hubby and I first impression was Wow! Pretty Dr!!! Haha!!
As this is our first pregnancy, we dont know who to fix but bcos im more comfy w female gynae so chosen Dr Goh.
We were still worried how she might be before our consult but were glad aft our consult..
She was very patient, dont mind doing scans times and again to ans our questions.. Answers all questions patiently without a sign of hurry at all. Plus her reassurance is definitely more assuring than the prev MO we seen at KK's subsidized.
Switched at 5th month pregnancy to tps.. And will be with her through the pregnancy.
We are both very happy with her after the first consult.

lynntoh

Yes! Yes! My hubby and I first impression was Wow! Pretty Dr!!! Haha!!
As this is our first pregnancy, we dont know who to fix but bcos im more comfy w female gynae so chosen Dr Goh.
We were still worried how she might be before our consult but were glad aft our consult..
She was very patient, dont mind doing scans times and again to ans our questions.. Answers all questions patiently without a sign of hurry at all. Plus her reassurance is definitely more assuring than the prev MO we seen at KK's subsidized.
Switched at 5th month pregnancy to tps.. And will be with her through the pregnancy.
We are both very happy with her after the first consult.
Wow! sounds very assuring after seeing your feedback with her! cant wait for my 17 week scan with Dr Goh on 20th! haha first visit with her =)

KnGp

Wow! sounds very assuring after seeing your feedback with her! cant wait for my 17 week scan with Dr Goh on 20th! haha first visit with her =)
Hope you will have a pleasant visit with her too! :)
my next visit will be 21st march.. Hee..

Lishan

Hi everyone,

I just tested positive past weekend and now having a headache trying to look for a gyne; first pregnancy. Used to go to a prive doctor at Paragon who delivers at Mt E, but finding it a tad too expensive. I heard that Dr Goh is good, but just wondering if it's difficult to get appointments with her? Has anyone tried Dr KT Tan (also at TPS)?

Thks!

lynntoh

Hi everyone,

I just tested positive past weekend and now having a headache trying to look for a gyne; first pregnancy. Used to go to a prive doctor at Paragon who delivers at Mt E, but finding it a tad too expensive. I heard that Dr Goh is good, but just wondering if it's difficult to get appointments with her? Has anyone tried Dr KT Tan (also at TPS)?

Thks!
Yup, quite difficult to get appts with her cus i think she's quite popular in KKH. I called 1st week of Feb only managed to get appt for 20 march!

fydapai

Hi everyone,

Thks!
Hi! is this your first pregnancy? Dr. Goh is of the few doctors who are popular at KKH. its best you call up the KKH hotline to check on her next avail appointments. i visited her on last wednesday, was at my 14th week. She was so patient in assisting me to check the gender of the baby. However my baby close the leg! hoping to see a clearer one next month!:001_302:

Lishan

I called and her next available appt is 20 Apr ! :07:

I made an appt with Dr KT Tan who is a friend's gyne. Any reviews on Dr Tan?

MamabbJ

Personally I don't have any experience with Dr Goh Shen Li. But I know she has given birth to two young babies not too long ago (maybe in 2011, 2012??).
Frankly, I will not go to a doctor who has just given birth, or have babies or very young kids at home and esp. if they are first time parents. They may not have good stamina, strength, time, health and patience to take care of expectant mothers (patients). Who knows, doctors like that may not have sufficient quality sleep/rest and this will affect their professionalism, dedication and concentration to their patients. I may be wrong or biased, but it is better to be safe than sorry. Better ask your gynae about his/her kids, family members before you sign up. My so called "senior" ex-gynae already aged mid 40s but had his first child during the time of my pregnancy. His wife gave birth just 3 months before I did. That was why he didn't showed much dedication nor concern towards his own poor patients. He was in fact very careless as a doctor. We could see he didn't get much good rest at home. If I had known earlier, I would not have signed up the package deal with such a gynae. I only found out after paying, much to my regret....sigh... He is going to have his 2nd, 3rd, etc kid soon.... better never go to him...

lynntoh

Personally I don't have any experience with Dr Goh Shen Li. But I know she has given birth to two young babies not too long ago (maybe in 2011, 2012??).
Frankly, I will not go to a doctor who has just given birth, or have babies or very young kids at home and esp. if they are first time parents. They may not have good stamina, strength, time, health and patience to take care of expectant mothers (patients). Who knows, doctors like that may not have sufficient quality sleep/rest and this will affect their professionalism, dedication and concentration to their patients. I may be wrong or biased, but it is better to be safe than sorry. Better ask your gynae about his/her kids, family members before you sign up. My so called "senior" ex-gynae already aged mid 40s but had his first child during the time of my pregnancy. His wife gave birth just 3 months before I did. That was why he didn't showed much dedication nor concern towards his own poor patients. He was in fact very careless as a doctor. We could see he didn't get much good rest at home. If I had known earlier, I would not have signed up the package deal with such a gynae. I only found out after paying, much to my regret....sigh... He is going to have his 2nd, 3rd, etc kid soon.... better never go to him...
Not very fair to stereotype gynaes who have young children. They are also humans who deserve normal life like us. If everybody thinks like u, then poor gynaes should not even have children because they wil be deemed not being attentive enough.

Im sute they will withold their professionalism. Sorry to jear about your experience with your previous gynae, perhaps, that's just his problem being not professional enough. There are also other gynaes out there who do not have young children but are not attentive enough too.

lynntoh

My 32 weeks detailed scan in april too! 11 april!! Cant wait for the scan... It is always so fascinating to see our little one on the screen.. Haha!!
wa 32weeks another detailed scan? i tot only got one detailed scan haha..but i read from another forum, that the place that we re doing our detailed scan got very F up nurses de >.<