Dumplings for DuanWuJie 端午节

Angelmum

wow so ex ah.. tt time i ask my hubby buy.. he dunno buy from where ard $1.50 i think... but mama make de is always nicest.. HEEEEEEEEEEE:001_302:

wah $1.50 during festive is cheap.
if wanna buy b4 price up also can, cos put in fridge can last 1mth!!

cui_er

Anybody tried the more expensive type from Crystal Jade? Think it's $22.50 for the abalone dumpling. Still have new flavours like chocolate, black sesame and mango $2.30 each.

yakii

Anybody tried the more expensive type from Crystal Jade? Think it's $22.50 for the abalone dumpling. Still have new flavours like chocolate, black sesame and mango $2.30 each.
I think i am more of a traditional person when come to eating..or shd i say i not that experimental. I dun like those chocolate and fruit flavour one...Still the traditional one wif meat, chestnut, salted egg or nonya or the sweet version of red or green bean still the best.

Angelmum

I think i am more of a traditional person when come to eating..or shd i say i not that experimental. I dun like those chocolate and fruit flavour one...Still the traditional one wif meat, chestnut, salted egg or nonya or the sweet version of red or green bean still the best.

:nah: :weno:

Angelmum

the chocolate and fruit flavour one sound gross rite..
so wierd

I actually very experimental, dare to try so I tried the new flavour of durian on pancake. The pancake was so hot but the durian filling was from the fridge, end up when I ate, the durian tasted sour ..... :err:

Scarly mkt already got durian dumpling but I suahGu unaware.

lawla12

EeEEeEE!!!!!!!

i tot only mooncake will haf such favours de:nah:

smiley811

I bought one ba zhang from outside several years ago and never bought any since then... outside de not nice one.

I prefer my mama's dumpling. My husband also fell in love with my mama's ba zhang ever since he tasted it 9 years ago.... We can each eat 3 ba zhangs at one go... hohoho... :shyxxx:

BTW, anyone knows if woman during confinement period can eat ba zhang anot ar?

hueychye79

u noe hw to bao dumpling??? so li hai!!! i only now he to eat.. LOL:shyxxx:
Is not so tuff lah! But my dumpling is a bit small compare to outside one. My hand cannot hold lah! Don't know why? :err:

Must learn a bit, if not all the traditional thing will loss touch liao. In future my mum is not around than cannot eat liao woh... :001_302:

apollo

Is not so tuff lah! But my dumpling is a bit small compare to outside one. My hand cannot hold lah! Don't know why? :err:

Must learn a bit, if not all the traditional thing will loss touch liao. In future my mum is not around than cannot eat liao woh... :001_302:
usually homemake de is smaller leh... my mama make de also small... but most impt is homemake de is always nicer!!!

HENG I still can get to eat ba zhang b4 i go gif birth!!! YES!!!!:Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:

Angelmum

:shyxxx:

BTW, anyone knows if woman during confinement period can eat ba zhang anot ar?

Dont think it's a problem to eat 1 or 2 but it's quite undigestible if u already eating all those heaty stuff n didnt eat enough fruits or veg.... = constipation

know how to bao but dont how how to prepare the ingredients :shyxxx:
lucky got websites to learn how to prepare these days.

usually homemake de is smaller leh... my mama make de also small... but most impt is homemake de is always nicer!!!
smaller but all the goodness is not lacking! Big but mainly glutinous rice ... sian.

hueychye79

smaller but all the goodness is not lacking! Big but mainly glutinous rice ... sian.
'Pork Belly- Not too fat one lah, mushroom, chesnut, salted egg, green bean, glutinous rice and shrimp' This is my ingrediants.. :001_302:

Agree! Thats why my dumpling is a lot of meat but lesser glutinous rice. :tlaugh:

By the way, did you stir fried your glutinous rice with the shrimp with the dark sauce and some salt and pepper?

Angelmum

'Pork Belly- Not too fat one lah, mushroom, chesnut, salted egg, green bean, glutinous rice and shrimp' This is my ingrediants.. :001_302:

Agree! Thats why my dumpling is a lot of meat but lesser glutinous rice. :tlaugh:

By the way, did you stir fried your glutinous rice with the shrimp with the dark sauce and some salt and pepper?

I know my mum got put wu xiang powder .... she did all the preparation like wash the leaves, fry the ingredients ..... we just pop over when she ready cos her hse not child proof, thus cant leave DD unattended.

We use lean meat, mushroom, chesnut, peanuts or red bean, glutinous rice and dried prawns .... felt like putting pig skin 1 fine day - gd for skin ... new 'receipe'! :001_302:

apollo

Dont think it's a problem to eat 1 or 2 but it's quite undigestible if u already eating all those heaty stuff n didnt eat enough fruits or veg.... = constipation

yala! homemake de is ingredient more than rice.. outside huh, eat ba zhang machiam eat rice... LOL!

apollo

I know my mum got put wu xiang powder .... she did all the preparation like wash the leaves, fry the ingredients ..... we just pop over when she ready cos her hse not child proof, thus cant leave DD unattended.

We use lean meat, mushroom, chesnut, peanuts or red bean, glutinous rice and dried prawns .... felt like putting pig skin 1 fine day - gd for skin ... new 'receipe'! :001_302:
my mum also gotput wu xiang powder.. hen xiang oh!!!:tlaugh:

apollo

btw my mama uses pork belly, mushroom chestnut, dried prawn, wu xiang fen, glutinous rice but this yr she'll be adding "gan bei" also...

she'll boil the leaf before she uses it... hee...

i wasn't allow to see her wrap dumpling cos she say i preg cannot see... so few mths ago when she wrap, i was banned to go into the kitchen, if i need to go in, she'll stop for awhile.. -.-"""