dun want to walk

my son who is going to turn 3 this nov dun want to walk when bring him go out.. he can walk and run very well but always ask me to carry and if i dun he will cry and cry.. wat can i do..

Phoebii Cheng

My son is 19mths, before he walk well he always wants to walk, does not want to b carried or sit in the stroller....now whenever we go out, he wants to b carried too.....my mum in law says, children r like tht, when they know how to walk & run oredi, they dun feel like walking whenever go out....hmmmmm

My son is 19mths, before he walk well he always wants to walk, does not want to b carried or sit in the stroller....now whenever we go out, he wants to b carried too.....my mum in law says, children are like tht, when they know how to walk & run oredi, they dont feel like walking whenever go out....hmmmmm
ya exactly the same.. haiz..

stonston

My son was like that for a while. Then my hubby told him big boys walk & show him other children who are walking on their own. Then he decided to come down & walk. & my hb will try to find interesting places that he'll wanna get down & walk/play. Like at Ikea & Suntec, they have this light thing that shines on the floor & moves. My boy will be very interested to come down & play. Then from there we just hold his hands & walk :)

My son was like that for a while. Then my hubby told him big boys walk & show him other children who are walking on their own. Then he decided to come down & walk. & my husband will try to find interesting places that he'll wanna get down & walk/play. Like at Ikea & Suntec, they have this light thing that shines on the floor & moves. My boy will be very interested to come down & play. Then from there we just hold his hands & walk :)
i already show him those big kids or around his age walking he still dun care leh..

stonston

i already show him those big kids or around his age walking he still dont care ..
Mine will wanna get down & play with them. Do you go out for long hours? Maybe he's tired from walking? I know my boy can only walk for 30min. After that he'll be tired already.

Mine will wanna get down & play with them. Do you go out for long hours? Maybe he's tired from walking? I know my boy can only walk for 30min. After that he'll be tired already.
no leh.. i dun go out long de.. he dun even want to walk when we just reach that place..

stonston

no .. i dont go out long .. he dont even want to walk when we just reach that place..
Could it be unfamiliar place? Do you carry him out of the house or he walks out on his own?

At my previous place, we did not allow my boy to walk out on his own. So we carry him out & he's very clingy and want us to carry all the time. Only improved when we moved to our new place and we allow him to walk out on his own to press the button for the lift. He enjoys going out now (like new found freedom) :)

Could it be unfamiliar place? Do you carry him out of the house or he walks out on his own?

At my previous place, we did not allow my boy to walk out on his own. So we carry him out & he's very clingy and want us to carry all the time. Only improved when we moved to our new place and we allow him to walk out on his own to press the button for the lift. He enjoys going out now (like new found freedom) :)
i let him go and press the lift all this.. sometimes he quite excited sometimes want me to carry him then he press the button..

stonston

i let him go and press the lift all this.. sometimes he quite excited sometimes want me to carry him then he press the button..
He can't reach on his own? My boy can reach the button outside the lift, but those inside the lift he can't reach.

I think it could be your boy go to unfamiliar place prefer you to carry cos got sense of security? My boy very adventurous, he'll run off everywhere on his own. We go and hide he also dun care, just carry on running/playing.

Triquetra

My nephew is turning 3 in Dec, he also refuses to walk and wants to be carried all the time.
If we don't carry him he will just squat and refuse to move =.=

He can't reach on his own? My boy can reach the button outside the lift, but those inside the lift he can't reach.

I think it could be your boy go to unfamiliar place prefer you to carry cos got sense of security? My boy very adventurous, he'll run off everywhere on his own. We go and hide he also dont care, just carry on running/playing.
he can reach the button even if 11 he also can reach..

my boy is more scare of stranger and shy but will these lead to dun want to walk outside..

stonston

he can reach the button even if 11 he also can reach..

my boy is more scare of stranger and shy but will these lead to dont want to walk outside..
I think he's scared of the environment (so many strangers walking here & there). You need to convince him it's ok to walk (must hold his hand tight tight). My boy used to hug my leg :p