EDD Apr 2013

Hi Aprilaries, the pre-employment checkup checks your urine samples, eyes-sight and normal body checkup. Do rem NOT to do the chest X-ray. Its just basic checkup to certify you deem fit for the job.

Hi littlebluecinders, my breast sore also goes on and off. So don't worry okie :eek: My friends experience the light brown discharge all the way till week 8, probably it's just hormones issues. Don't worry, our babies are all very strong and healthy! *huggs*

MrsS

Hello ladies! I just got a positive 2 weeks ago n confirmed with bloodtests at the gynae too. If I calculate correctly I shd be 6 weeks preggy now :) it is so exciting n worrying as well.. I m also taking Duphaston 30mg a day. I think it's supposed to help stabilize the pregnancy in the early days.... Hubby and I have not told anyone abt the pregnancy yet cos waiting for first scan with gynae first.... When did you ladies go for your first scan? Can't wait for the scan to come!

pigletbao

Xiuxiu - Thanks for replying! Thought the injection might help to address my low energy levels every day. I jus feel so weak n tired everyday n not really ready to go back to work as my job is quite physically draining. Hoping to get dr to cover me through the first trimester. Will see what he says when I go back for my check-up next week!

Xiuxiu - dr also asked me to go for injection if it's still bad. What kind of injection is it? And how is it suppose to help? Am scared of injections...:(
Hi pigletbao, the injection suppose to stop you from vomiting but you will still feel nausea sometimes (not so often thou) and let you drink and eat something. To prevent you from dehydration too. Becos if it is serious, may need to go for dripping (which is even more painful as the injection will be to your hand?)..

The injection he gave me, don't really feel pain.. Just feel numb and like a red ant bite you when he poked in. He poked near my hip area..

pigletbao

Congrats to mapleleaves80 n mrss! :)

Mrss - my first scan was week 5+ but only saw the water bag. Then week 6+, saw the bb n heard heartbeat!

Littlebluecinders - my sore breasts also comes on n off so don't worry too much abt it. Some ladies experience spotting from time to time but maybe Duphaston might help to stabilise. What did the dr say?

pigletbao

On the previous topic of dreams, I had 6 dreams last night! Some would continue even after I woke up n went back to sleep.
Ok la, to be fair, I knocked out for abt 12 hrs last night. Really tired these days! :((

acceber

Hi all, so happy to meet you there. Im 7+wks now n edd is mid-apr. Today, I went to check-up n listening to the baby's heartbeat, so amazing for me n my hubby:wespinny:.

Starting from 5+ wks, I felt sleepy n cant eat too much for main meal, n dreaming every night, but so far is ok. My gynae told me that is normal symptoms n dont worry for everything, just enjoy the process of pregnancy.

Hi pigletbao! Doc prescribed me duphaston to stabilise pregnancy and gave me mc to rest at home.. brownish discharge seems to have stopped. Scan yesterday showed the waterbag and sac.. :) gg back to gynae 3 weeks later...my expected edd is 21 Apr. Dunno why these few nite don't seem to sleep well, keep tossing and turning in bed :(

pigletbao

Littlebluecinders - Glad to hear all's well! The 3 weeks will be a long wait...that's how I always feel in between visits...tho my longest so far has been now which is 2 weeks...I wake up a lot during the night too, like every 2-3 hrs...but jus go back to slp again...thankfully I'm on mc so I can rest during the day too...;p

MrsS

Thanks Pigletbao! Congratulations to all the mummies-to-be here too... :)
My first Dr apptmt is not until the 8th week n it's a bit nerve-wrecking not knowing what's going on....
I don't have much symptoms except starting to have more frequent urination at night.
N I have cramps at abdomen area which I don't know if it's normal... So worried that I took another pregnancy test this morning just to see if it's still positive! :S I wish everyone a smooth pregnancy!

MrsS

Hi Tomatoning, congratulations for your new job offer. Did the new company accept your pregnancy status?
I have had been TTCing for more than a year and becos of this I had hesitated to apply for new positions for fear that its not well received to get pregnant on new job. I m glad to hear there are still some expectant mothers who are successfully pursuing both their dreams of career n family together :)

MrsS

Congratulations accerber! Our dates shd be very close... But I haven't had my first appointment yet..
All the best for yr pregnancy!

Congrats to u to MrsS :D are u a first time MTB?

Besides ginger tea, any other ways to ease nausea, bloatedness? I googled tt our tummy doesn't show until 4 to 5 mths but at 6 weeks plus I am already finding it difficult to fit into my pre-pregnancy skirt..tummy quite bloated and keep burping :eek:

I sorta crave for 100 plus so I asked my hubby to buy one bottle..just read somewhere tt it can cure nausea..hopefully it works :)

MrsS

Hello Littlebluecinders :) yes i m a first time MTB... Quite anxious n hoping that it will be a smooth n successful pregnancy ESP after ttc for 1.5 years....
I heard that eating 6 small meals instead of 3 big mails might help with heartburn n nauseouness... Maybe you can try to see if it helps?
Hehe, I m also finding my clothes a bit tighter than before but then I was on a diet just before conceiving n now back to normal meals.. So maybe that's why....
Hope you feel better soon!

pigletbao

Eating small meals like once every 2 hrs n eating slowly definitely works for me! But doesn't alleviate the symptoms completely. MS hits me worse at certain times of the day...:(

Hi Tomatoning, congratulations for your new job offer. Did the new company accept your pregnancy status?
I have had been TTCing for more than a year and becos of this I had hesitated to apply for new positions for fear that its not well received to get pregnant on new job. I m glad to hear there are still some expectant mothers who are successfully pursuing both their dreams of career n family together :)
Hi MrsS, I'm still waiting for their reply after my medical checkup. Hopefully they won't go back on their words. ^^
I do have abdominal cramps too. It started off with the left side, now it became the both side. I heard its normal since the baby is growing exponentially.

I heard ginger tea does help in alleviating the nauseous, but my in-law claims that drinking too much will make the baby "yellow" - Jaundice. I'm not sure if it's accurate or old wives tales. I read on the Internet and they claims that ginger tea does not affect pregnancy.

My stomach is also super bloated, so I started drinking hot beverages and it helps. I'm also having diarrhea, so I drank 100 plus so that I don't get dehydrated. Can I check with you ladies if your urine is yellowish sometimes, especially in the early morning.

pigletbao

Urine is yellowish when you don't drink enough water so try to have more. Early morning urine usually more yellowish due to our lack of water intake when we are asleep so I believe it's normal. :)

I had a bout diarrhoea in week 7 too but subsided after abt 4 days. Gynae did prescribed me medicine to take if it became real bad; otherwise he advised to let my body naturally purge out the toxins through diarrhoea. In that way, the toxins wouldn't be suppressed and 're-attack'.

MrsS

Hi MrsS, I'm still waiting for their reply after my medical checkup. Hopefully they won't go back on their words. ^^
I do have abdominal cramps too. It started off with the left side, now it became the both side. I heard its normal since the baby is growing exponentially.

Hi Tomatoning, all the best... I hope you get a favorable reply soon :)

pigletbao

Hihi all, went for my check-up today n saw the little one kicking its legs actively! Truly another heart-stopping moment! :)) Can't wait to see what other stunts it'll pull at the next review!