EDD April 2011

luvjoanne

hi applebreeze, i'll be in my 12th week tomorrow (yay, nearer to the end of 1st trim!) and i thought 4kg of weight gain is quite a lot!
i didnt gain any weight as i mentioned above.. initially i still had appetite and could eat as per normal, but recently i had no appetite and ate very minimal and i lost back the 0.5kg weight i put on. however, i've got a small bump that looked like a tummy now.

my gynae gave me duphaston though i had no problems with my pregnancy so far.. but recently i had bad MS, and thus i stopped my duphaston. once i stopped, now i'm really reluctant to start it again since i'm afraid all the MS might come back.

hi applebreeze, i'll be in my 12th week tomorrow (yay, nearer to the end of 1st trim!) and i thought 4kg of weight gain is quite a lot!
i didnt gain any weight as i mentioned above.. initially i still had appetite and could eat as per normal, but recently i had no appetite and ate very minimal and i lost back the 0.5kg weight i put on. however, i've got a small bump that looked like a tummy now.

my gynae gave me duphaston though i had no problems with my pregnancy so far.. but recently i had bad MS, and thus i stopped my duphaston. once i stopped, now i'm really reluctant to start it again since i'm afraid all the MS might come back.
May i know what is Duphaston for? How come it cause you to have MS? My MS is getting worst... it only get worst in the evening and i always tend to vomit before dinner time, on empty stomach. Only gastric fluid and phlegm come out... And sometimes vomit too hard, my throat got tear and bleeds... Not pain though... Haiz... I wish MS will be over soon.

luvjoanne

Applebreeze, Duphaston is a hormone pill and so far from what i gathered, usually gynaes prescribe for pregnant women who are of higher risks (eg. MC previously, or bleeding during pregnancy etc.) but i belong to none of the mentioned category but my gynae still gave them to me and he told me that it's "An tai yao".. its like something good for me after all. but i am really reluctant to start it again since stopping for nearly a week. Duphaston is expensive though, and i think its wasteful to throw them away! my 3 weeks supply cost me $30++.

my sister who is a pharmacist, told me that it's okay to skip duphaston since i dont really require it.

duphaston causes MS in some women as it is a progesterone hormone pill, and our MS is actually caused by the same hormone. thus it just worsen the MS since the hormones level is up higher..

i'm feeling much better these days than last week though! gynae says that the worst should be over as the peak is ard 9-10th weeks.

Applebreeze, Duphaston is a hormone pill and so far from what i gathered, usually gynaes prescribe for pregnant women who are of higher risks (eg. MC previously, or bleeding during pregnancy etc.) but i belong to none of the mentioned category but my gynae still gave them to me and he told me that it's "An tai yao".. its like something good for me after all. but i am really reluctant to start it again since stopping for nearly a week. Duphaston is expensive though, and i think its wasteful to throw them away! my 3 weeks supply cost me $30++.

my sister who is a pharmacist, told me that it's okay to skip duphaston since i dont really require it.

duphaston causes MS in some women as it is a progesterone hormone pill, and our MS is actually caused by the same hormone. thus it just worsen the MS since the hormones level is up higher..

i'm feeling much better these days than last week though! gynae says that the worst should be over as the peak is around 9-10th weeks.
Hmmm, peak around 9-10 weeks... I certainly hope that is the case for me too since i'm in my 10th week now....

mmy_lizz

hi mommies...

im preggy, juz t abt 2mths.. no 3 baby... kinda excited but at the same time scared i cant cope..

very stress.. juz got referred to hosp.. but fri my first visit for baby~~

any mommies hoping wat gender of the baby? ;)))

mama_aki

In my 10 week now, gynae predicted my EDD is on April 11th 2011... Giving birth at Mount Alvernia... I have put on 4 kg since found out was pregnant. My tummy look so big now like machiam 4 months ... sigh... Anyone has the same problem as me??
Hi applebreeze,
Your EDD is the same as mine!! I'm in my 10th week now too.. haven't decided where to give birth =p and many many things to settle...I think I've gained 1kg or so =p My tummy doesn't look big but I think it differs from person to person. Sometimes it's bigger and I think most of the time because I'm bloated.. Btw, have you done first trimester screening? I'm going this weekend and I'm excited and worried at the same time~

Hi applebreeze,
Your EDD is the same as mine!! I'm in my 10th week now too.. have not't decided where to give birth =p and many many things to settle...I think I've gained 1kg or so =p My tummy doesn't look big but I think it differs from person to person. Sometimes it's bigger and I think most of the time because I'm bloated.. Btw, have you done first trimester screening? I'm going this weekend and I'm excited and worried at the same time~
Hi mama_aki,

Yes i have went for my first screening at 8 weeks plus... Saw and listened to baby's heartbeat... So excited.... My next appt is on Oct 5th. I like to recommend Dr Tho Chin Keong, i think he delivers at both Mount A and Thomson... He is a very thorough doctor and caring too... Got anything concerning pregnancy he will answer with patience one.. His clinic is situated at Jurong East... Clinics not crowded too... The first time i went there about 4-5 patients... HOw are you coping with your pregnancy so far?

Vanitykills

HI mummies..im new here too!Had a check up last mon and saw the tiny lil peanut with a heartbeat that teared me and my hubs. My EDD is 22nd April. Any mummies here kk? care to share abt your gynae, pkg, payments and everythg else. Im a first mum and everythg is totally clueless. As i am paying via CSC card, i usually just show card and walk away without looking at the bill. I just checked that within 2 appts it actually cost me near $550+med. Some siad mine is too expensive. Im not under subsidies rate coz i was referred by pte clinic. Im having constant giddiness here....:( how is everyone else doing>?

luvjoanne

hi vanitykills, i am going to deliver at TMC and i was charged $130+ for first appt at 6th week ($80 consultation, the rest are for medications) and $110+ for 2nd appt at my 10th week. will be going for my OSCAR nx week and that one is expected to cost much more...

try not to skip meals so that ur blood pressure will not drop, thus reduce chances of giddiness. HTH! :)

My first time charges was $140 for consultation + scan + med. Subsequent charges is at $90 for consultation and scan. I had an episode of giddiness 2 days ago in the morning when i woke up for work, previous night had vomit out all my dinner and stuff. Then after that went back to sleep. When i went to see my gynae he took my blood sugar and said was low that's why giddy. So he advise to take something sweet in the evening since my nausea always comes around 5pm plus... Other than that, extreme tiredness and back pain is my worries now....

Vanitykills

HI luvjoanne, thats way cheaper. bleargh. im gonna sort this out first. i will update break down of my check up and see if tallies. thks luvjoanne on your advice. i usually skip breakfast as i always rush for work. sleep so early still wake up late. only at 9 weeks and i can feel the exhaustion esp with the weather. lucky me, so far no bad nausea yet...

luvjoanne

vanitykills, i had extreme fatigue at week 9 and 10! and i had MS as well.. i kept wanting to vomit but nothing comes out and i just kept sleeping every minute that i can. i went to my GP, and he gave me 2 days MC to rest at home during my 10th week and i simply slept 20 hrs straight in the first day.. that was how tired i was!

after that, my hubby says i cannot keep sleeping n staying at home so brought me out to beach etc. and i felt very much better.. i stopped duphaston (hormone pills) and i am okay now (week 12th). i read that week 9 and 10 are the most fatigue weeks cos the placenta is in the making.. so u are very normal, do not worry! :)

Huafen83

Hi vanitykills,my gynae also from KK. I went there at end of aug for my 1st appt. But my bill onli come out to be abt $130 including med. I am also using the fast scheme. So the bill will be sent to my house. Do u haf the breakdown of the bill cost? My 2nd appt will be at end of sept so I think subsequently will be cheaper as 1st time consultation cost will be slighly ex.

Hi luvjoanne, glad to hear tat u are getting better. My MS seems to be reducing (keep my fingers crossed) but my appetite n tiredness still not improving. I feel tired everyday even though I had enough sleep. Hope this stage will be over. Hoping to see my bb in my next appt. Wondering how has it grows. :)

luvjoanne

hi huafen, yes i'm much better than 2 weeks before! my appetite and fatigue have also improved.. and now at least i can finish watching the tv dramas before i fall aslp. haha. and i can eat my 3 meals regularly + some light snacking in between. my breast tenderness and soreness also subsided.
i'm sure u will feel better very soon as u are also entering into 2nd trimester also! our EDD is 3 days apart =D
i'm going for my next scan next friday.. OSCAR. when is urs?

Huafen83

Hi luvjoanne, yup hope tat everything will be over soon :) my next appt is 30 sept. Still haf to wait so long to see my bb. Btw wat Oscar scan? I haf no clue abt it. Hehe my gynae has not mention anything to mi yet

luvjoanne

hi huafen, OSCAR scan is to "detect" down syndrome.. whereby the sonographer/dr will mention the amount of fluid around the foetus' neck. something like that based on what i've read.. it's a non-invasive test though, done by scanning. it's stated that if the foetus is abnormal, there will be high level of fluid around the neck area. u can do some research in this forum to find out more as i think there are other posts on it :)

i cant wait for the scan as well! and i'm gg for a short trip right after my scan.. so i'm really looking forward to next week.

Huafen83

Hi luvjoanne, oh I know wats tat. I drop tat test after discussing wif my family. So I not going for it :)

Going for a short trip is nice. Enjoy urself!

Vanitykills

Hi all...work has been madness for me this week. ok. huafen, may i know who is ur gynae? mine is Dr Chin Pui See and from a previous post, a fellow forum mummy wrote in caps to avoid Dr Chin Pui See. I even emailed her and ask her why but no resp till today. any idea? nway, here is the breakdown of my bills.

1st consultation:

Consult - New Registrar - $65
Ultrascan - $28
total with gts: 99.51

Medicine: 1 mth Follic acid and 1 mth supply of multivitamin i thk - $123

total cost= $222.51

2nd consultation

Consult - $40
Blood test - $20.80
Antenatal panel 3 (i dont know what this is) - $62
urine test - $7
Ultrascan study - $28.90
Type & screen procedure(also dnt know) - $22.50
Total with gst = $193.89
Medicine: tuna oil tablet & obimin = $107.73

Total cost = $301.62

ariesgirl

Hi Hi to all mummies,

i am in my 10th week now! these 2 weeks hasnt been that good for me.. feeling nausea in the evening.. tired also. so slept early like 10pm but wake up at 7am..

appetite hasnt been good also... lost 2kg since first check...

ariesgirl

Hi Vanitykills,

your medicine seems quite exp.. not sure wat kinda of vits your gynae gave u..

i was given one mth supply of folic acid & vit which cost me abt 8 bucks..