EDD April 2011

ariesgirl

Hello,

i did not put on weight also coz appetite not good but gynae said is normal and ok. Prob during 2nd tri will have better appetitie..

i think i gonna change to maternity wear soon. better to wear confortably...
hehe.

Huafen83

Hi Ariesgirl, my top I still able to wear coz I used to wear quite loose tops n skirts. Thus my working wear still able to wear but soon will be unable to wear.

Agree with luvjoanne. Wear dress is the most comfortable. But I have ltd dresses. Haiz. I think even though I gain abit of weight back but still my loss of weight still more. My appetite is still not back to normal. Appetite is very small but more meals too. Coz tend to get hungry at odd hrs. Hehe

Vanitykills

Hi all.Oscar us d down syndrome test rite?mine was suppose to b tmrw but I cncl it upon my hubs req.most of my frens didn't tk it too.so nway,anyone knows abt raffles hospital?many forumer prefers tmc, kk or glen e.

Huafen83

Hi, most of my friends are either at thomson medical or mount alvenia. So far no one at raffles hospital gives birth b4. So can't really give u any comments on hospital.

Vanitykills

Thks huafen.nway.so jealous all see bb already. :(. Heehee.can't wait for my nxt scan on mon.at 12 weeks cn see gender?congrats to all April mummies!

mama_aki

actually have you all put on weight? i have not put on any weight significantly. my weight increases like 1 kg from pre-pregnancy weight, but drop back and increases back to and fro. so it's pretty much the same. but i have a bump at tummy that caused me not to be able to zip up my working pants.. but you mummies can try this.

try using a rubber band to go through the button hole of your pants, and use the rubber band to "hook" your button on. it works for me, and i'm still wearing my jeans and pants. though i prefer to wear dresses as they are more comfy but i pretty sick of wearing the same dresses everyday! i wanna go shopping!! been bugging hubby to bring me shopping :p
Hi luvjoanne and all MTBs,

Can I ask for the down syndrome test you took how did your gynae tell you the results? For mine, just 2 days or so after the test, they just tell me it's low-risk but no further details. That should be safe right?

I have also been having diarrhoea on and off but I thought it's normal. What did your gynae say and what medicine she gave you, luvjoanne?

Btw, I'm growing out of my clothes too, the rubberband idea seems worth a try. For bottoms that are with metal hook, can try buying the hook extension at Daiso, very useful for me so far.
:wong29:

ariesgirl

Hi mama_aki & MTBs,

the clinic nurse called me 3 days after the oscar check (i did the check on sat). she just told me, baby is normal. i think during the next checkup u can ask ur gynae more abt the oscar check.

now i everyday also headache wat to wear.. most of the bottoms simply too tight... so i started wearing maternity bottom (feels so comfy). hehe. i think better to switch to maternity wears if u can.. preggy women must wear comfy clothes ya!

luvjoanne

Yes, Oscar results r based on probability. If ur risk is v low, then u can rest assured :) can speak to ur gynae abt the results.

I had medication to stop diarrhoea n also sachets of powder to add to water for drinking in order to hydrate myself. Plus gynae told me to drink alot of 100plus to replace my body fluids n mineral salts. Tts the best part becos I can get to drink gassy drinks n hubby can't stop me! Hahaha.

My next scan is 2 wks later n shall see baby's gender by then. Everyday I ask baby if he/she is a boyboy or girlgirl haha.

Huafen83

Hihi. I tried asking the gynae abt my bb gender at abt 13 wks. My gynae told mi tat still too early. Abt 19 weeks will be able to see more clearly. But my next appt in another 2 wks I shall ask again. Can't wait to know.

I also haf craving drinking gassy water n ice cream. My appetite is improving too. How abt u all?

luvjoanne

hi huafen, i'll be in my 17th week on my next scan and my gynae told me i will be able to see the gender. unless baby dont co-operate! hehe.

i've felt much better ever since i have crossed my 12th week. my appetite is good these days, i can eat and not feel bloated.. and like many says, i dont feel "pregnant" now unless first trimester. just that, i do feel that my immunity is compromised as i tend to sneeze much more often.

i need to have at least 4-5 meals a day.. between my lunch and dinner, i definitely need a small meal in between and i usually buy bread and "standby" in my bag haha. my colleagues say i'm always munching away. and regarding gassy drinks.. i'm always unable to resist as its my biggest craving but nowadays its better already.. i crave for more in my 1st trimester compared to now.

Doreen2906

Hi all.Oscar us d down syndrome test rite?mine was suppose to b tmrw but I cncl it upon my hubs req.most of my friends didn't tk it too.so nway,anyone knows about raffles hospital?many forumer prefers Thomson Medical Center, kk or glen e.

Hi Vanitykills,

Am a March 2011 mummy, happen to see ur comment on Raffles Hospital. I'm introduced to the gynae there by my mum-in-law, and have been gg there since Day 1 of my preggy. Have taken the package there, and will be delivering there too.

You also going there? :wink:

luvjoanne

hello mummies, how have you all been?
this thread has been quiet for the past week!

any updates on weight gains? my weight has been stagnant since my 6th week or so.. not gaining any and i read that we should be gaining abt 1 pound / week now.

mama_aki

Hi luvjoanne!

Good to see your post! I was thinking... maybe by this time most of us are feeling better and getting more occupied doing more stuff than bothered by the morning sickness (=

I seem to feel more fatigued but less nausea except when I go hungry =(
In fact I've been staying up late more and not sleeping so early since the hunger pangs don't attack me so badly now and I feel more energised. But when I wake up in the morning.. I really don't feel like getting off the bed or going to work at all =(

Do you know the gender of your baby yet?

My weight has also been stagnant since my last check at 13 weeks.. I'm eating more like pre-pregnant days now that the hunger pangs are more manageable (had been gaining almost a kg per month in the last 3 mths) and 2nd trimester don't really feel that 'pregnant' which is worrisome sometimes! I can't wait to see baby on ultrasound during my next checkup and to see baby :Dancing_wub:

ariesgirl

Hi MTBs,

i haven been feeling well the past few days.. Caught a flu.. went to see doc and slept the whole day yest.. but still haven recover. now feeling vv drowsy.

appetite wise is much better den first tri. i tink i have gained a KG since preggy... no weight gain in 1st tri due to bad appetite..

this week there will be baby fair at expo, maybe u all can pop by see see.

cant wait for my next appt too~

cheers~

luvjoanne

hi mama_aki,
nice to see your reply! i'm feeling good at trimester 2 too. appetite is back to normal and i can sleep lesser too without feeling so tired. hubby noticed the difference in me as well. but now i have a new problem.. i get constipated.. my stools are real hard and every morning it's quite a torture to me :( i drink milk daily and eat fruits, but not much improvements. i attribute it mainly to the supplements (iron + calcium) that i'm taking.

i'll know the gender of my bb this saturday when i go for the scan.. hopefully bb co-operates and let us see between the legs. and after that, i'll be going to the expo babyfair, hopefully to stock up some clothes and stuff for bb. haha.

on one hand i'm happy that i didnt gain much weight as i'm afraid it's tough to lose the weight later on.. but on the other hand i'm just abit worried if baby is okay since i didnt gain much weight since my 1kg from week 6th. shall ask my gynae during my next appt.

take care!! :)

Huafen83

Hi all MTBs, quite tight up wif work coz now it's my peak of my work. Haiz. But luckily like u all I dun feel so much tired now. Sleeping slightly later but as usual dun wish to get out of bed every morning.

I onli going for my checkup next friday. Hopefully by then able to tell the gender.

So u all hope for boy or gal? For me as long as bb is healthy can le. :)

so I can't go for the expo fair this week coz dunno the gender yet :(

ariesgirl

Hi Huafen,

hehe i think u still can go baby fair at expo see see.. prob look at the cloth diapers, bottle brush etc...

i also dunno gender yet.. will be gg to the fair to look look see see.. and maybe get some white tops and bottom (so girl and boy also can wear)

btw, do u all feel breathless?

Huafen83

Hi ariesgirl

u mean breathless when walking or even stationery? I feel tat 2nd trimster is coping better than 1st trimster.

ariesgirl

Hi Huafen,

i felt breathless when walking up those slight slope... and climbing a bit of stairs... prob due to haze and blocked nose.. it gotten worse

now if office with the aircon also din help... using my mouth to do the breathing...

Huafen83

Hi Ariesgirl,

yup. Agreed with you. Now also can't walk too fast. If not will get breathless faster. :( u also suffered from block nose? I juz recovered from mine but this haze makes my nose block revisit me again.

Do u all feel warmer than b4? I dunno is it becoz of the weather or our body temp is increasing.