EDD April 2011

Week 38+6: My boy is not enagaged. Head size 100cm already! Weighing 3.27kg. Comfortable in his womb hotel with fluid level and placenta still in good condition. Gynae still going await his natural entrance to this world unless he is overdue till week 41.

luvjoanne

Week 38+6: My boy is not enagaged. Head size 100cm already! Weighing 3.27kg. Comfortable in his womb hotel with fluid level and placenta still in good condition. Gynae still going await his natural entrance to this world unless he is overdue till week 41.
Hi xbb, u sure head size is 100cm? My girl's head circumference is only 32cm when born..

luckymum

Mummies who haven give birth. I heard from my friend that it is important to use the right muscles to push.

If use wrong muscles will damage the nerves near the urinary area hence do not feel urge to urine. I wonder is that why some mummies have urinating problems after giving birth?

Remember is to push like you have a very big constipated shit out. It doesn't sound nice but that's how it really is.. Use butt muscles.. Many friends told me this before I give birth so I remembered very clearly. Eunice only came out on the 6th or 7th push..

Actually after birth I can go urine already.. Maybe other mummies got advice to share also??

luvjoanne

Mummies who have not give birth. I heard from my friend that it is important to use the right muscles to push.

If use wrong muscles will damage the nerves near the urinary area hence do not feel urge to urine. I wonder is that why some mummies have urinating problems after giving birth?

Remember is to push like you have a very big constipated shit out. It doesn't sound nice but that's how it really is.. Use butt muscles.. Many friends told me this before I give birth so I remembered very clearly. Eunice only came out on the 6th or 7th push..

Actually after birth I can go urine already.. Maybe other mummies got advice to share also??
I think u r right, luckymum. I didn't know hw to push buts I didn't use my butt muscles though the nurse also told me to push lk I m contispated. I must have damaged or injured my urinary muscles becos till date, though I can urinate, but it's not the same as previous. I can't really feel the urge n can't control v well. I'm giving it time to heal n otherwise i'll visit tcm after my confinement.

luckymum

I think u r right, luckymum. I didn't know hw to push buts I didn't use my butt muscles though the nurse also told me to push lk I m contispated. I must have damaged or injured my urinary muscles becos till date, though I can urinate, but it's not the same as previous. I can't really feel the urge n can't control v well. I'm giving it time to heal n otherwise i'll visit tcm after my confinement.
Are you doing the kegel exercise? In KK we learn this area is call pelvic floor. Which is very weakened during delivery. Same although I can urine I also feel a little different. Now I'm training to urine halfway then stop the urine with the kegel exercise. My friend told me this is the ultimate training. I think we just need to tone those pelvic floor muscles then it will be like normal already :)

Cherylxueer

Ladies, I have delivered! Yesterday nite started having contractions starting from 10pm onwards, all e way till 6am. Intervals got closer with more intensifying pain, until I could no longer take it at 6am. Admitted into gleneagles at 630am, already 5cm dilated. Then got epidural which was super painful n I cried like anything during the process. After that no pain AT ALL! 10cm dilated at 10.30am, bb delivered at 11am with the help of forceps as I could not reali push! Now still in hospital till Tuesday. Stiches painful:(haven started bf yet, will try tomorrow... Advise needed! Is Mdm Zaliah good? May I have her contacts? Or any more recommendations?

luvjoanne

Ladies, I have delivered! Yesterday nite started having contractions starting from 10pm onwards, all e way till 6am. Intervals got closer with more intensifying pain, until I could no longer take it at 6am. Admitted into gleneagles at 630am, already 5cm dilated. Then got epidural which was super painful n I cried like anything during the process. After that no pain AT ALL! 10cm dilated at 10.30am, baby delivered at 11am with the help of forceps as I could not reali push! Now still in hospital till Tuesday. Stiches painful:(have not started bf yet, will try tomorrow... Advise needed! Is Mdm Zaliah good? May I have her contacts? Or any more recommendations?
congrats Cheryl! U find administering epidural painful? I couldn't feel anything at all when it was injected in me cos the contractions masked all the pain lol. I didn't feel the stitch at all n I didn't even know I was stitched till I sat up n saw my gynae "sewing" me up haha
then I asked my hubby if he saw I was "cut" by gynae during labour, he said he only saw that gynae was holding a scissors-like thingy haha!

Anyway mdm zaliah is nt bad, I find her massage ok but breasts massage v gd!! Painful but unblock the milk ducts for u if u have any. She's friendly too.. But nt sure if she is taking anymore massages for time being. U can call n ask her!

Cherylxueer

congrats Cheryl! you find administering epidural painful? I couldn't feel anything at all when it was injected in me cos the contractions masked all the pain lol. I didn't feel the stitch at all n I didn't even know I was stitched till I sat up n saw my gynae "sewing" me up haha
then I asked my hubby if he saw I was "cut" by gynae during labour, he said he only saw that gynae was holding a scissors-like thingy haha!

Anyway mdm zaliah is not bad, I find her massage ok but breasts massage very good!! Painful but unblock the milk ducts for you if you have any. She's friendly too.. But not sure if she is taking anymore massages for time being. you can call n ask her!
Thanks dear! Can I have her Hp no pls? My epidural painful cos contractions still ok I think, but also depending on the anaesthetician.

how come cheryl can feel the pain from epidural despite the contraction? boohoo scare scare :x

@cheryl - ur princess has such thick hair! Do you feel ticklish near the cervix area before when u were still carrying her?

Last edited:

Huafen83

Congrats Cheryl. For kkh, b4 epi injections I was given athesatic to numb tat area. So when adminstrating the epi, I feel nothing.

Xbb-epi dun work 100% on everyone. Happen on mi!!!!! When I was on epi, my last 2 hrs is painful!!! Haiz sometime wondering i shouldn't have took epi since I also feel the intense pain during the last stage. Haha. But the pain really worth it after seeing my bb boy

luvjoanne

Congrats Cheryl. For Kandang Kerbau Hospital, before epi injections I was given athesatic to numb that area. So when adminstrating the epi, I feel nothing.

Xbb-epi dont work 100% on everyone. Happen on mi!!!!! When I was on epi, my last 2 hours is painful!!! sigh sometime wondering i shouldn't have took epi since I also feel the intense pain during the last stage. Haha. But the pain really worth it after seeing my baby boy
Huafen I think it's becos ur epidural went off alr? Mine went off kus before I rch 10cm and I requested for 2nd dosage. Too comfy w epi n didn't wan to do without it haha

furbee

Congratz new mummies!! Emmm now left with xbb and me, seems like the rest all now enjoying motherhood...
Joanne, dr tham still set the appt date one week even thou is after 40wks isit?

Congratz new mummies!! Emmm now left with xbb and me, seems like the rest all now enjoying motherhood...
@furbee - my 39th week appt was just added. I think checkups from week 39 is adhoc. The clinic is super pack this week because of good friday.

furbee

Ohhhmeans anutime the doc want to set also can? Is urs under package or need pay aditional cost? Bby movement really decrease aLot...

luvjoanne

Yes one week apart but if EDD is over then will b every alt days as what he told me. Not sure if yours the same not.
I think after 40 weeks it's nt covered by package le.

Btw, I think dr tham's stitching is v gd. So far I didn't feel anything although I walk quite alot.