EDD April Mummies

Dilys

Hi dilys dun worry. Everything will be fine :) update us later.
Hi huafen,

I just came back from TMC.. Hmmm baby"s kidney is still abit swollen.. L : 8.4mm r:7.2mm . Hmm now nothing I can do able it.. Gynae mention they will monitor baby after delivery. Saw baby moving .. Face facing us..chewing something. :) really melts my heart... Baby is growing very fast just one week now he is 420g. I really hope that things will be better after my little boy come out. It hurts me alot when I know that his kidney are abit swollen. :( Ya gynae mention that they will again check on 32wks ... Sigh ! Sigh !! Heavy heavy heart ...

Last edited:

yuzudinga

Hi huafen,

I just came back from TMC.. Hmmm baby"s kidney is still abit swollen.. L : 8.4mm r:7.2mm . Hmm now nothing I can do able it.. Gynae mention they will monitor baby after delivery. Saw baby moving .. Face facing us..chewing something. :) really melts my heart... Baby is growing very fast just one week now he is 420g. I really hope that things will be better after my little boy come out. It hurts me alot when I know that his kidney are abit swollen. :( Ya gynae mention that they will again check on 32wks ... Sigh ! Sigh !! Heavy heavy heart ...
hi dilys,
since u cannot do anything about it, just take good care of urself and don't worry so much ok?
stay strong and cheerful!

Huafen83

Hi huafen,

I just came back from Thomson Medical Center.. Hmmm baby"s kidney is still abit swollen.. L : 8.4mm r:7.2mm . Hmm now nothing I can do able it.. Gynae mention they will monitor baby after delivery. Saw baby moving .. Face facing us..chewing something. :) really melts my heart... Baby is growing very fast just one week now he is 420g. I really hope that things will be better after my little boy come out. It hurts me alot when I know that his kidney are abit swollen. :( Ya gynae mention that they will again check on 32wks ... Sigh ! Sigh !! Heavy heavy heart ...
hi dilys

understand how u feel. Dun worry may be when ur little boy come out to this world it's ok Liao :) there is nothing u can do. He will outgrown it :)
ya bb will be growing fast at certain stage ESP in 3rd trimster. Hehe

Dilys

hi dilys,
since u cannot do anything about it, just take good care of urself and don't worry so much ok?
stay strong and cheerful!
Hi yuzudinga,

Thank u :) don't worry I m ok. Only whenever gynae start mentioning abt the baby"s kidney .. My heart deep down will be so painful .. My tears will drop even though I am smiling. I have faith in myself & my little boy. Love u all mummies here .. Thanks for the encouragement.

Jia you mummies & babies !!!

Dilys

hi dilys

understand how u feel. Dun worry may be when ur little boy come out to this world it's ok Liao :) there is nothing u can do. He will outgrown it :)
ya bb will be growing fast at certain stage ESP in 3rd trimster. Hehe
Hi huafen,

Hugs.. Thanks for the encouragement.. My heart is so painful whenever I thinks of baby kidneys .. Tears just flow.. I was so happy when I saw my baby just nw .. Mixed feeling.. Hurts & happy I also don't know how I feel nw. I have faith in myself n my little boy. Wow.. The ultrasound at TMC @ the fetal assessment unit was really good.. The radiographer was very gentle & nice..she took the scan for me i got total of about 20 copy of baby scan for everything.. Heart,kidney, face, nasal bone etc. quite worth it for $210++.

Gynae just come in & do the scan again for 10 mins & confirmed the kidney issued .. That's all! Haha I think credit should goes to the radiographer ...

Saw alot of newborn babies come in & out from hospital! :) so sweet .. I can't wait to held mine in my arms.

Jofeny

Hi huafen,

Poor girl. Dun b upset. If u think of it, it's 1mm difference. Dun worry so much. Even my right leg is bigger than my left... As long as the kidneys are functioning well, I think that's more impt.

I think cos the instruments are so precise, sometimes it's scary. Frankly I see my TMC detailed report, it doesn't even measure my baby kidney size. Jus a picture pointing to the 2 dots that 2 kidneys are found.

If nothing we can do, dun worry ok. Your baby will be fine! U have been a hardworking mum n eating all the right stuff for the baby, everything will be ok! Dun keep focus on 1mm difference. Think abt how fast your baby grows! already 420g!! See he is growing very well!! Jia you!!!

Last edited:

Dilys

Poor girl. Dun b upset. If u think of it, it's 1mm difference. Dun worry so much. Even my right leg is bigger than my left... As long as the kidneys are functioning well, I think that's more impt.

I think cos the instruments are so precise, sometimes it's scary. Frankly I see my TMC detailed report, it doesn't even measure my baby kidney size. Jus a picture pointing to the 2 dots that 2 kidneys are found.

If nothing we can do, dun worry ok. Your baby will be fine! U have been a hardworking mum n eating all the right stuff for the baby, everything will be ok! Dun keep focus on 1mm difference. Think abt how fast your baby grows! already 420g!! See he is growing very well!! Jia you!!!
Hi jofeny,

Thanks for your encouragement. Hmm a normal size of baby kidneys right now should be 5mm. But it shows that it's swollen. Baby"s urine flow backwards to the kidney.. That's why! It mostly happen on baby boys.

Kidneys the most important part..sigh! Nothing can be done.. Have to wait for baby to come out & see how it goes.

How come your detailed scan doesn't include the measurement of the kidneys.. Hmm.. My own gynae clinic shown a Very detail scan with all measurement. Today at Thomson Medical even more detailed with all the measurement and with at least 20 copies of scan..very impressed !

Don't worry I m okie.. Still positive & happy! :) For the moment sometimes I will feel emo when gynae start to mention it!

Last edited:

Jofeny

Hi jofeny,

Thanks for your encouragement. Hmm a normal size of baby kidneys right now should be 5mm. But it shows that it's swollen. Baby"s urine flow backwards to the kidney.. That's why! It mostly happen on baby boys.

Kidneys the most important part..sigh! Nothing can be done.. Have to wait for baby to come out & see how it goes.

How come your detailed scan doesn't include the measurement of the kidneys.. Hmm.. My own gynae clinic shown a Very detail scan with all measurement. Today at Thomson Medical even more detailed with all the measurement and with at least 20 copies of scan..very impressed !

Don't worry I m okie.. Still positive & happy! :) For the moment sometimes I will feel emo when gynae start to mention it!
Really? Hmm.. Mine is only a 2 page report leh..

1st page abt 10 readings.. Head diameter, head circumference, tummy circumferences, brain size, 2 sets of legs length.. Ard there.. No mention of kidney size.

2nd page is all the photos.. The photo did show 2 dots of kidney.. That's all.

My baby head is v big.. It's within the normal range, but it's way up at the 90% percentile. That means his head is top 10% of the whole Singapore population.

Then at 19 weeks, my bb should b at ard 280g? But mine is 369g! I asked my gynae y my baby so big? Head big! Weight also so much? (remember i hmm hmm.. Seldom eat vitamins), then doc say maybe the baby EDD is wrong, my bb might b older than i thought. Thats y the measurement is a bit extreme. (when i thought I'm 7th weeks preggy, measurement shows that my bb is only 5 weeks.) But hor, my bb leg length is only at 40% percentile, if the EDD is wrong, My bb shd b older... Hmm that means my bb got even shorter limps? >.<" like 20% I can only imagine a humpty dumpty lo.. Head big.. Short limps.. Faints

Sometimes Ignornance is really bliss. I see the percentile I also scared. But gynae say jus monitor, then jus let it be. Remember majority of the babies are ok one! As long as bb growing it's ok, actually I also never think abt the bb statistics already. Focus! Friday go the baby studio shopping! Haha!!

Last edited:

Huafen83

Hi dilys. Dun think so much of the after effects first. Now till 9mths may be ur bb boy will outgrow it :) everything will be fine. My no.1 now is also a very healthy n naughty boy hehe. So I believe everything will be fine.

Hi jofeny, haha u describe ur bb until very funny. Humpty dumpty haha. I believe will be porportioned de :)

I also going for bb shopping tml!!!! Going to grab some stuff at isetan pte sales :)

Dilys

Hi dilys. Dun think so much of the after effects first. Now till 9mths may be ur bb boy will outgrow it :) everything will be fine. My no.1 now is also a very healthy n naughty boy hehe. So I believe everything will be fine.

Hi jofeny, haha u describe ur bb until very funny. Humpty dumpty haha. I believe will be porportioned de :)

I also going for bb shopping tml!!!! Going to grab some stuff at isetan pte sales :)
Hi huafen ,

Thank you for your encouragement ! :) wow got sale??? I also don't know what to buy now .. Hmm whatever I need family members already bought it ! Hmmm.. Want to buy also don't know where to start.. Ya breast pump I m still looking out .. Don't know got milk or not haha..

chrio

Mummy Jofeny and Huafen,

Grab for my little prince too :) coz can't able to go shopping leh, hehehe just kidding only. . . Enjoy your shopping mummies i will just imagine myself and husband go shopping for our little prince, maybe soon around 28weeks i will asked my husbnd to buy some for our LO.

Mummy Dily,

I believe that you can surpassed all of this coz first time i met you here in this forum, you have a strong encouragement to others and very strong confident to yourself that makes me somehow adopt your personality take care hugs hugs. . .

Jofeny

Just sharing the list of things I need to buy:

Baby things to buy

- breast pad
-milk pump (suggest to have a dual)
-maternity pad
-pajamas for hospital stay
-disposable panty*
-light long pant and sweater*
- baby clothing*
- cloth diaper (20)
- the pant outside the napkin (5/6)
- napkin liner (in 100s, $7) tollyjoy
- sterilizer (pigeon or AVnet more x)
- milk bottle (pigeon, AVnet)
- pacifier*
- cot
- stroller
- cover sheet on bed in case stain bed.*
-milk bottle/plastic bag for milk storage*
- bean pillow
- diaper (petpet/mamy poko)
-milk powder:( similac)
-stomach oil (ru Yi oil)
-shampoo cum bath wash( kodomo)
- night light plug
- alarm clock to monitor feeding time
- herbal for bath
- dry powder for hair*
- baby bath towel,*
- lots small handkerchief for bathing*
-milk container
- baby powder container w sponge
- room slipper
- cotton wool (square)
- cotton bud
- thermometer for baby (ear)
- pink rashes cream for backside
- wet tissue (kodomo/huggies)
- baby mattress sheet (blue pink)
- vegetable wash (also for washing breast pump)
- milk powder
- pamper
- bb shower container*
- baby powder (kodomo)
- baby detergent (kodomo)

Dilys

Mummy Jofeny and Huafen,

Grab for my little prince too :) coz can't able to go shopping leh, hehehe just kidding only. . . Enjoy your shopping mummies i will just imagine myself and husband go shopping for our little prince, maybe soon around 28weeks i will asked my husbnd to buy some for our LO.

Mummy Dily,

I believe that you can surpassed all of this coz first time i met you here in this forum, you have a strong encouragement to others and very strong confident to yourself that makes me somehow adopt your personality take care hugs hugs. . .
Hi chrio,

Thank u thank u! Haha don't worry I m still positive .. My emo moment doesn't last in me for too long just a 5 mins the next moment I will laughing n joking .. Hehe...

Hi Dilys,

That's the way to go, mummy!!! We just need to lots of positive thoughts and energy to pass on to our little one in us. They will be able to feel our emotions.. :)

Take care and don't worry too much.. :)

Happy shopping to the rest of the mummies... :p

Jofeny, thanks sharing for the shopping list..

yuzudinga

Just sharing the list of things I need to buy:

Baby things to buy

- breast pad
-milk pump (suggest to have a dual)
-maternity pad
-pajamas for hospital stay
-disposable panty*
-light long pant and sweater*
- baby clothing*
- cloth diaper (20)
- the pant outside the napkin (5/6)
- napkin liner (in 100s, $7) tollyjoy
- sterilizer (pigeon or AVnet more x)
- milk bottle (pigeon, AVnet)
- pacifier*
- cot
- stroller
- cover sheet on bed in case stain bed.*
-milk bottle/plastic bag for milk storage*
- bean pillow
- diaper (petpet/mamy poko)
-milk powder:( similac)
-stomach oil (ru Yi oil)
-shampoo cum bath wash( kodomo)
- night light plug
- alarm clock to monitor feeding time
- herbal for bath
- dry powder for hair*
- baby bath towel,*
- lots small handkerchief for bathing*
-milk container
- baby powder container w sponge
- room slipper
- cotton wool (square)
- cotton bud
- thermometer for baby (ear)
- pink rashes cream for backside
- wet tissue (kodomo/huggies)
- baby mattress sheet (blue pink)
- vegetable wash (also for washing breast pump)
- milk powder
- pamper
- bb shower container*
- baby powder (kodomo)
- baby detergent (kodomo)
wow jofeny, u have a very comprehensive list.. hee.. i think we can save a bit by getting some stuffs online like on gmarket. but i keep reminding myself, don't overbuy baby clothes n stuffs coz baby out grow them very very fast. :)