EDD Aug 2011

crazycat

erm... most of my friend 5 to 7 days will be good enuf de... I'm thinking of taking up 5 days only... then when i go back to KL after my 28 days of confinement with GPLS... I'll continue doing back in KL... cheaper ma... :001_302:

Not with Mount. A...

JocelynYL

erm... most of my friend 5 to 7 days will be good enuf ... I'm thinking of taking up 5 days only... then when i go back to KL after my 28 days of confinement with GPLS... I'll continue doing back in KL... cheaper ... :001_302:

Not with Mount. A...
Oic... So coincident .. I'm from KL too...:Dancing_tongue:

crazycat

nice~ =) *i was also thinking if i should just go back to KL and go da massage! cos for what i pay here... i'll be able to do like the WHOLE MONTH in KL... :nah:

PiggyHui

WAH. what i heard is when you hit, the womb will shake and it will become more comfy for her to sleep..=.=
My baby keep kicking me at night when i try to sleep... and like inside turning here and there...

In the day he keep turning inside like playing during my working hours.

JocelynYL

Yes. I agree with that... But your confinement will be in sg? Which hospital are you going to deliver? If you going back KL after confinement, you'll be alone or back with your hubby?

crazycat

My baby keep kicking me at night when i try to sleep... and like inside turning here and there...

In the day he keep turning inside like playing during my working hours.
My bb tends to move a little when i goes to bed... but i tell bb not to do that cos i need to rest & i'm very tired... doin it since my 4th months... then now everytime b active at the wrong timing, I'll tell bb not to be silly in there.. bb tends to stop one eh... LOL~ i guess bb understand...

On certain time when i am free and bb move, i will be talkin to bb... askin what is bb doing? it's that his punch or kick? bla bla bla~ *I only dare to do this when i am alone... felt weird talkin to myself in public! =P

Yes. I agree with that... But your confinement will be in sg? Which hospital are you going to deliver? If you going back KL after confinement, you'll be alone or back with your hubby?

Jo, (*hope u dun mind me callin u lidet)

yeap~ my confinement will be in SG... dun feel comfortable bringing my newborn up and down. and if do confinement in KL, have to rush and do passport... like very mafan eh~ Erm... hubby will go back to KL with me... but then he will come back to SG by himself first... cos i wanted to spend longer time back in KL... & my mum wants to help me do a longer confinement... about 2months is better wo~

All MTM,

You girls have any idea - if u do jamu massage after birth and a month after birth makes any different? issit better to do immediately or it's gonna be the same even if u do a month after?

pipilili

hi all MTBs,
I have signed up 5 days with Origin Jamu but I am a first time mum. I heard Origins is good thru reviews in the forums as well as some experience mummies who had tried it.

By now, I think most of our bb should be in position (head down?) cos I can feel slight movement just below my breast (rib cage) lately around morning & afternoon.

I was quite swap cos I feel quite ill on Friday. And b/c the Gp's medication didn't work and I was coughing so much, I went to KKH on Sunday. After taking 1 dose and sleep thru the night yest, feeling much better than the last few days. Mtbs, pls take care cos I think it's cold season now. Drink lottsa water and take lottsa fruits!!

pipilili

I just attended the antenatal class on Sat...this is what I understand from lactation nurse.

Lactation nurse said that we should get Latex treat with Pigeon bottle as it is nearly the same as our breast shape.

Lactation nurse also said Ameda, Medela, Avent Duo pump are good.

We need to try to BF bb as much as possible to stimulate BM flow. If you are feeding baby with FM at night, you need need to wake up to pump your milk else the flow will decrease!!

JocelynYL

Hi ,
I'm thinking to sign up origin jamu also.. But not yet decide should take up how many days...:embarrassed:...

Is medela breast pump good? I'm thinking to buy free style.. But it's very expensive .. That's y I still consider it.. I just afraid I do not have enough breast milk for baby..:shyxxx:
Any other brand to recommend ?

Have anyone start counting the movement of baby? My gynea told me to count until 10 movements per day frm 8am to 6 pm..

engel

Hi ,
I'm thinking to sign up origin jamu also.. But not yet decide should take up how many days...:embarrassed:...

Is medela breast pump good? I'm thinking to buy free style.. But it's very expensive .. That's y I still consider it.. I just afraid I do not have enough breast milk for baby..:shyxxx:
Any other brand to recommend ?
Have anyone start counting the movement of baby? My gynea told me to count until 10 movements per day frm 8am to 6 pm..
used avent duo while with my first girl. Was pretty good cause could control suction strength to suit comfort level....
Gave up counting movements per day.... She appears to b having moments of 'headbanging' while I'm at work... Or b nocturnal and jab my ribs when I wanna sleep at night:/....

Any of u gals plan to not go for Jamu sessions but just instead workout the normal
way after delivery?

crazycat

Hi!

I've bought my breast pump... medela... erm.. I think is call swing or something... they say will first massage ur breast then you may extract - u may adjust the suctions.

My bb started to be really active at noon NOW! used to be only night.... but i never really count how many kicks and punches bb gives me... cos sometimes they comes in COMBO!!! :tlaugh: Few days ago, bb started giving real strong punch/kick... can see the side of my tummy stretch out a little, and goes back in... Hubby and I was totally amazed when we saw it... LOL~

Pipilili,

any good recommendation from Jamu Origins? All their therapist as good?

Last edited:

pipilili

I can't recommend any therapists cos I am first timer as well. But overall feedback was good therapists provided. Feedback didn't state particular therapists. The price I paid is what they are showing in their weblink.

My gynae hasn't asked me to count any kicks yet (in wk 29 now). He says still early...but I have been making sure bb is moving daily.

I am getting Medela Freestyle from States which is cheaper. If cost is an issue, can try to get Avent Duo, was recommended by lactation nurse from KKH.

I just had a weird thought in my head when I was trying to nap earlier. I suddenly had this 'fear' that I cannot detached myself from bb and return to the work force. Is there any experienced mummies out there who can share how you detached yourself from bb and return to workforce?

engel

Pipilili

would b hard to detach ureself if Bb is damn clingy though... I went back to work after 2 mths cause I wasnt officially married:/ ... Hard to leave
small one behind but thoughts of her makes going home after work more enjoyable ; something to look forward to . And you'll have better motivation to work cause u know it'll b to give her a better life:) ...
To ease her clingyness, I made it into a routine, she sends me to the door and gives me a kiss before I leave for work, she's one now and it works...:)

But, if ure the one who can't bare to leave the small one ... Maybe should consider being a full time mom:) or taking up part time jobs that suit your own schedule... Am planning to try out part time work, if possible from home once with the 2nd girl, but I've no idea if the lack of work would drive me crazy.... Hahaha

happyeliz

Crazycat n Jocelyn: I'm also now starting to find confinement massage therapy ... Guess their prices r quite standard. Maybe willl try out rustic Nirvana or origin :)

happyeliz

I have colleagues who don't tone down much after the massage and somemore they are totally breastfeeding ... And I'm actually quite surprised as I heard bf mum will be very slim and loss pregnancy weight fast.. My mother I law says water retention will fully goes off after 6months . My princess also punching me here and there :)
Pipilli: don't think too much :) after we deliver we still have 3-4 mths to adjust our feeling before going back workforce:) but frankly speaking , Joe many of u will really be a Sahm if your baby really clingy etc???

crazycat

I have a feelin it's gonna be hard for me to go back to work after my long long leave... but there is no choice.. cos i dun think we can survive with single income in Singapore... =/

*anyway i'll probably do part time after that...

pipilili

Honestly I am not sure if I can really detached myself from bb yet.

But my hubby ask me to focus on going back to work, thinking about the wonderful things I am able to buy for my bb if I am working. And not forgetting I also hired a maid - cost SGD 450. I think I gotto bear in mind all the cost in order to motivate me to work, instead of fearing to go to work!!

Sometimes all these 'fears' just come and go along...but thanks for listening to me.

Lovely26

Honestly I am not sure if I can really detached myself from bb yet.

But my hubby ask me to focus on going back to work, thinking about the wonderful things I am able to buy for my bb if I am working. And not forgetting I also hired a maid - cost SGD 450. I think I gotto bear in mind all the cost in order to motivate me to work, instead of fearing to go to work!!

Sometimes all these 'fears' just come and go along...but thanks for listening to me.
Hmmm.....i would prefer to go back to work force coz of the high standard living in Spore. Especially with an extra expenses for the child, it's difficult to rely on just one party unless hubby is a millionaire. hehehe......then i won't have to worry bout signing up courses for my child. We need to think ahead for the child especially when comes to their future. M sure we can work out a balance lifestyle with the child and spend quality time with the child. What's more important is, we must provide a proper upbringings to the child :)

I have to start travelling again after I am back to work from my ML. A lot of "Sher Bu De" when comes to think of it, but that's the nature of my work. Good thing is I travel only twice or thrice quarterly. Luckily hb is understanding and never want me to quit and it's also an opportunity for hb to spend time alone with the child for greater bondings during my absence. To keep each other in touch, we can also do it via Skype or video conference.

Last edited: