EDD Aug 2011

jovin83

#1 had jaundice within her 1st wk though ... But lucky was mild:)
but I thought alot of confinement food is with Ginger? To ease the heartburn or something like that.... Not a fan of ginger anyways..:p

Hmmzz... Jovin, no need to crawl to office means start ML or work from home ? I'm already dying during 1st wk... Haha... Lucky girl keeps me sane but sometimes she annoys me by throwing things at me:/ I've a lil diablo in disguise... Hahaha
Working from home, from mon onwards. Was afraid that I get too bored so at least work can keep me occupied. Working till I pop. Unless I realli gets too tired. I will request to start ml. I do have enough leave till yr end. But ha ha already planning a short break with Hubby so wanna save some leave lor. Now at orchard tired and no mood if not becos walking is gd ha ha I prefer my bed!

jovin83

I drink coconut too! This morning Hubby trying to break the first coconut, made a mess in the kitchen. Will be smarter next time, drink outside hahaha. Dun kno if it's real to keep a clean bb but the cooling effect of the cold coconut feels so shiok! Gave Hubby only 1 slip hahah drink more gers! Bottoms up! :p

jessmummy

went for scan today.. 37w6.. bb at 2.9kg.. head is 36w4, thigh is 36w2.. but belly at 39w+ lol can imagine how shes like when she comes out.. but average out.. on par.. ~37w6

docs here allows od around 41w.. though my friend od 10 days, was going to induce on 11th but baby popped out a day before induction.. she said she had a hard time liaising w doc on when to induce because the beds were taken up by PRCs

hakisumi

Ya...coconut is cooling for such weather..really bth..
Confinement eat ginger is get rid wind.. Myb jus moderate..dun eat the ginger ..cook w it it's prb gd enuff.. Me no big fan of ginger too...
But I like pig trotter vinegar,but advise eat at abt 12th day?

Hair washing from day 1 of confinement,anyone?

Can rest..rest more..once bb out..u will feel y u like always nt enuff slp?? Lolol
For me is v light slper,so v lil noise I m awaken aldy..so till day I feel I also not enuff slp..haha

pipilili

Jess:Your bb is growing well. Mine only 2.8kg at wk 38. Today is the start of wk 39. Bb is still v comfy inside. So far I haven't exp another contractions. *weird right* I would imagine alot of PRCs from China will head to HK for delivery cos it's nearer. It's like Indon coming to SG for delivery. Cannot blame them oso cos I heard some of the scary stories of Indon gynae, I oso think they should come here to deliver bb for the good fo the mum and bb.

hakisumi: Me drinking coconut water only. Didn't eat the flesh but my maid made some coconut flesh ice cube to put in the fridge. She is v creative and loves cooking so I just let her do whatever she likes. Now I am too tired and lazy to bother as long as she does her work well.

Jovin: I know what you mean when you said you created a mess cutting the coconut. What I did was to lay the coconut(side ways) on my kitchen top (with cloth supporting so that it doesnt turn and run when I hold it down to be chopped). I will heck off the tip part, and go nearer and nearer to body till I hit the hardest point. (cos from the tip to the hardest point is the husk) Then I will make the coconut sit up straight then use the edge of the knife(sharp side nearest to your hand) to hit it. I turn the coconut and create/hit a sq so that I can dent the coconut top and insert my straw in it. I just drank 1 coconut yest, bought from NTUC. Very nice!

JocelynYL: My edd is 7 August (we are actually 3 days away from each other) but I am secreatly wishing bb to pop b/w 3- 6th Aug cos oneof the FB mummies say that these are good dates, accordinlg to fengshui I think. Anyway my next appt is 2 Aug & I am not sure what my gynae will do next to speed up the process.:001_302:

JocelynYL

Pipilili, our edd date so near... LOL:001_302: It's now waiting games... Next week I still working.. sien~~~ :wong29: I just wondering if my water bag burst in the office.. how embarrass it will be.. :shyxxx:
My gynea told me that baby most probably not coming out earlier.. i wonder how accurate it is.. LOL... I hope what he said is true.. if not, it will be a mess if this little one come out earlier..

Are you gals prepare for the D day?

pipilili

I am not exactly sure if I am really prepared but I guess with the current technology, my gynae shd be able to get the bb out.

I am going for epi and if all things fail after x hrs of pushing, there is always vaccum which can help suck bb out.(if I really cannot push)

Since we are already going to go into the delivery ward to face the 'music', just do our best. I will just listen to instructions of midwives and gynae and pray for the best. It's up to a point whr I wish bb comes out soon. Esp when you see mummies who are due after you, already carrying their belovered bb in their arms...*so sweet*

jessmummy

actually i dont mind if shes not gigantic though i mentioned before i was hoping to deliver a 3.5kg baby just for fun..Lol

like all mummies i guess all the expectations and all nevermind la.. as long as healthy can already right? :)

the elders in the family (yet again) were saying my tummy seems still high.. they say dont think will pop for another 2 weeks.. though i kinda want to come anytime :p

hakisumi

Pipilili: oh yea..I also drk the juice only..nvr eat the flesh..it's good to hv a "creative" n helpful maid..she helping u confinement or u hire or u hv help?

Actually..it's very hard to say when bb will come out..all gods will..but no matter what it's our bb n most impt healthy!!

Dun say u all..me #2 also v scare..I dunno wat is contradiction,water bag broke..but I hope it's like my #1-induced n admit to hospital v relax..no pain no nth..lololol

Btw..any1 feel the feeling of bb pushing ur rib cage..? I feel my rib are breaking n blue black!!!
And I got sudden cramp on my inner thigh at times..so...aargghhh..

Btw,I "intro" myself: me now hvg bb #2 girl gg to deliver @ MT alvernia? Any1 same same?

Cheers ladies

PiggyHui

I bought most of my stuff from the baby hypermart already cos I am too lazy to shop around and compare prices!
Is the stuff from Taka fair and those John Little expo sale cheaper?
Eh i haven go taka yet. John little some items are cheaper not all la.... but never buy any baby items there.

hakisumi

Pipilili..if u wan epi decide early..I heard if too last min ,there's no point for epi aldy..some theshold of pain is v high while some is not..

Then cos u used the epi ,they ll still charge..

PiggyHui

I drink coconut also! Plus always got craving for it haa....

I got pain in my left ribs. Gynea says its ok cause its baby's leg. And always can feel tummy stretch.

engel

Erm erm... Actually I showered in the evening of the day I gave birth, after effects of epidural wore off ....:p

yay.... Catching captain America 3D tomr after checkup:D.... Remembered last movie I caught for #1 was iron man 2:)...2 days before delivery... Hehehe

miaarose

Hi mummies

Turns out i didn't need to go for ctg on sat. @ 1.30am got contractiOn 5-8 mins apart. Went to TMC at 3.30am. Labour for 24 hrs. End up c-sect :( born on 31st July 1am

But I'm glad that my baby boy is healthy weighs 3.54kg!

pipilili

miaarose,
Your bb is big and healthy. Congrats.

Jess:
I am watching "zhen xiang" now. Cos my family was watching it in my parent's pl so I tag along to watch. I finished 6 episodes already. This lawyer show not bad. The elderly always say things they wanna say - 2 weeks ago they say my tummy v low, going to pop anytime and now I am still here, waiting to pop.

Engel:
You really "ang moh pai". I dun think I can bathe in hospital even though I want cos MIL and Mum will visit me. If they see me bathe, I think they will flip and tear down the hospital!

hakisumi:
Yep, will definitely take epi once I step into hospital(tt's going to be my 1st instruction to nurse) cos I have felt contractions and although mild but its not fun. My friend who didn't want to take ended up 38hrs labour for #1, plus in the end still die die must take. Hiah....what for suffer for so long right?

Yest night, got this crampy feeling on the top of my ab. I usually sleep like a log but was awoken by the pain/cramp. I know its mild contraction so I tried to pretend and still carry on sleeping till no choice got to sit up. Told my hubby but he is still sleeping happily at the other side!!! *guys!* Anyway I just tahan and then it stopped. Think probably the day is nearing...definitely this week.

engel

Miaarose.... Congrats!!:D ... C sect sounds scary, seen a vid of it... But glad all's well:)

pipilili; I'm called stubborness... Haha....I think the washing hair has something to do 'wind' in later years.... But Singapore so hot and humid.... Don't think I can take it....

We're gonna start popping one by one.... Hmmmmmzzzzzzz

jessmummy

congratulations miaarose!! :)

pipi.. this one also very nice.. just finished showing last friday.. yea the elders always say things that confuses me -_- but just take them w a pinch of salt i guess..

engel.. i want to watch too.. but it only starts showing here this thurs.. i wonder if i can manage to get my husb bring me to watch or not.. though i think my sis and mum will flip :p

i will be showering at least every other day, if not everyday.. which my parents are OK with.. it's my husband who doesnt like the idea LOL i guess as long as we wipe dry and blow dry the hair should be all good

Shinymint

Hi all Aug mummies to be! Haven been checking out this forum for long!
I had just been to my gynae on Sat, and he just ask me to get ready to check up again this Fri 5/8 and if dilation ok, he will deliver my baby the next day! My EDD is suppose to be on 14/8, am hoping if my baby can 'tahan' till national day or not LOL. Apparently my dilation opening till now is approx 3cm, unknowingly! And I keep walking ard shopping for stuffs and such! Can't wait to see my baby gal soon!