EDD Aug 2011

engel

Argh.... Just reached home from work and my 1 yr old wants me to carry her:(.... Think my back is gonna break soon....

Cat , my skin feels stretched only at the end of each day after work... I blame the air conditioning...:/... But I dont't have any stretch marks... Not yet at least... Haha... Not using any special stretch marks cream but my usual molton brown tonic just to moisturise and sooth....

I've something to vent.... Why are maternity and nursing lingerie in Singapore frumpy and matronly looking....I see lots of cool and sexy ones in mags from Australia...:(... Same with clothes.... Aussie and new Zealand brands have gorgeous looking designs in their cataloge but their stores here stocks the auntie looking ones...I've 2 more mths to tolerate maternity clothes....:(

crazycat

engel...

I left a bottle of my oil at my workplace... so whenever i feels itchy, i immediately apply to sooths it... mayb u wanna bring a small tube with u, if u dun wanna leave it at ur workplace... =)

few more months to go and we're gonna be FREEE to dress + eat and JUMP!!! :001_302:

JocelynYL

Hi pipilili.. i am also delivering at KKH, TPS.. EDD 25th Aug but I am going to do c-section so prob will do it sometime early aug.. :) I am a coward-mummy-to-be haha..
Did anyone do the 3D scan? KK charges $300+ for a 3D scan is it considered expensive? I asked doc if got 4D scan she says 3D & 4D scans are the same wor... -_-"
Anyone can share or describe how a 3D picture looks like? Can we really see the features and even hair?? I was thinking if it looks more or less like those black and white ones we see during our routine gynae checkups then I will give it a skip.. :p

So far i only bought baby clothings coz all look so CUTE!! But gotta admit that there are more things for girls then boys.. :( Bought totally nothing else, hubby says gotta start getting the necessities REALLY SOON... So far got friends giving breast pump, baby clothings, baby cots, car seat, baby bottles and stroller.. but so lazy havent picked anything up yet.
I am getting abit restless lately, like walk abit also get tired easily.. appetite not so good as I go into 3rd trimester.. like always not hungry, even if I eat also get full easily.. but stomach still growing bigger and bigger..
After each meal esp dinner, i always feel like the stomach is so stretched that its like gonna burst!
Everyday go work also got this mad impulse to tell my boss i wanna work part-time, or even quit! I just feel like staying at home to countdown to Aug...
Baby very active, esp during the night.. sometimes can literally "feel" him "move" from one side to another when i am touching my stomach.. iz a weird yet wonderful feeling :)
You guys got your confinement lady already?
Got a question to ask u ladies.. do anyone of u still drink coffee? Or it is advisable to stop now esp coming to 3rd trimester?? Read here and there, some says OK some says NOT OK.. make me super confused.
Hi Serene,
I just did my 3D scan at park way east hospital..:) very cheap.. cost me only approx 60 including gst. Got 9 photos, and they will save it into a CD.
Bcoz my baby has her hand on her mouth, so cannot see her face clearly lo..
Yesterday just went expo, bought one baby clothes at 6 only.. :) and goon nb diapers..
At work, i feel the same as u, thinking of resign.. but bcoz of the maternity leave.. cannot give up.. sigh~~
I got my CL from GPLS ...

There are some offers for the post natal massage at expo.. but dunno it's good or not.. bcoz seems like no review for babies bellies and bodywork clinic. Anyone get the package from them?

pipilili

Hi Crazy cat,
Its hard for me to detect who you are in FB cos there are a few new joiners recently. But on the right hand side, there is a doc section, Go to Names and Nick and you can find out who I am.

I got 1 pck of Goon NB, 1 pck of Nepia NB, and 2 pck of Nepia S. If bb skin really can take Nepia and Goon then I will order from them via telephone or online and they can deliver to my pl. Save hassle of lugging them home, esp if you dun have a car. Anyway I am a lazy person so I try to think of short cut. Kekekeke

Even 1st mth shower, I am not going to get boxes of cakes cos like I said I am a lazy person and I want to spend time with my bb. I will just get Bengawan voucher either $8 or $12 and self boiled red eggs to give relatives. Economical right??? If they dun turn up for shower, I just mail them the voucher. (I stress - I am a lazy person)

jessmummy

my stroller and steriliser just got delivered! so happy with them :D

the first thing i want to do is just to sleep on my tummy and roll around in bed after baby pops! hahahahahahha

engel, you can try purchasing maternity online like ASOS?

engel

Didn't try asos, but I got friends to ship in stuff from bellybutton for me... Their small counter in Taka didn't carry the nicer designs:(... And stocked up on Egg as well...
I'm kinda of a worry wart.I try not to shop online if I can help it.... Tend to b deceived by photos easily cause the clothes always look nicer on the models... Hahaha

engel

And colleague heading to Thailand in a wks time... Told him to get for me maxi dresses and fisherman pants.... They look damn comfortable to be worn now...:)

Haha, sorry... I know most would b worried about the baby.... But i think ive a vanity issue...:p

Anyways seriously.... Most of the baby stuff could b gotten after she is born...

Stuff bought for 1 st pregnancy, hardly/ not used ...
1. Breast pump; was supposed to use it after heading back to work , but girl prefered pureed food to breast milk..:( so just supplimented her with formula which she loved and pureed fruits..so get the pumps when ure ready to head back to work and ure sure that ull use them..
2. Disposal breast pads. Hardly used during breastfeeding. She drains milks fast:)
3. Bottle warmer. Hardly used when she drinks the milk fresh... Haha..
4. Newborn jumpers. Not too many; about 5 should suffice... Being new parents then, bought too many including the woolen ones which sucked for usage in Singapore...
5.playgyms. dont't b deceived that they stimulate... I think hanging mobiles are fine enough for
babies...my girl got bored of her numerous playgyms fast... :(
6. Stroller. Bought early, but never really got arnd using it till she's about 6 mths:) was enjoying cradling her too much...

Essentials to have when baby is born though is,
1. Diapers
2. Diaper cream.
3. Easy to fasten baby clothes. Thinner material and gotta have more pcs cause baby puke alot..:(
4. Baby car seat ; for travelling from hospital to home...

Bottles, cot and bathtubs could b bought later cause wouldn't need bottles for breastfeeding, unless you wanna store excess milk... Easier to breast feed if baby is sleeping beside you... And newborns basically just need a wipe to cool off or get clean...

Sorry..... I'm just ranting off lists and what I think cause I can't sleep...:(
I probably missed out a couple of necessary items as well...:p

crazycat

And colleague heading to Thailand in a wks time... Told him to get for me maxi dresses and fisherman pants.... They look damn comfortable to be worn now...:)

Haha, sorry... I know most would b worried about the baby.... But i think ive a vanity issue...:p

Anyways seriously.... Most of the baby stuff could b gotten after she is born...

Stuff bought for 1 st pregnancy, hardly/ not used ...
1. Breast pump; was supposed to use it after heading back to work , but girl prefered pureed food to breast milk..:( so just supplimented her with formula which she loved and pureed fruits..so get the pumps when ure ready to head back to work and ure sure that ull use them..
2. Disposal breast pads. Hardly used during breastfeeding. She drains milks fast:)
3. Bottle warmer. Hardly used when she drinks the milk fresh... Haha..
4. Newborn jumpers. Not too many; about 5 should suffice... Being new parents then, bought too many including the woolen ones which sucked for usage in Singapore...
5.playgyms. dont't b deceived that they stimulate... I think hanging mobiles are fine enough for
babies...my girl got bored of her numerous playgyms fast... :(
6. Stroller. Bought early, but never really got arnd using it till she's about 6 mths:) was enjoying cradling her too much...

Essentials to have when baby is born though is,
1. Diapers
2. Diaper cream.
3. Easy to fasten baby clothes. Thinner material and gotta have more pcs cause baby puke alot..:(
4. Baby car seat ; for travelling from hospital to home...

Bottles, cot and bathtubs could b bought later cause wouldn't need bottles for breastfeeding, unless you wanna store excess milk... Easier to breast feed if baby is sleeping beside you... And newborns basically just need a wipe to cool off or get clean...

Sorry..... I'm just ranting off lists and what I think cause I can't sleep...:(
I probably missed out a couple of necessary items as well...:p
Thanks for the info~ =)

Hi Crazy cat,
Its hard for me to detect who you are in facebook cos there are a few new joiners recently. But on the right hand side, there is a doc section, Go to Names and Nick and you can find out who I am.

I got 1 pck of Goon NB, 1 pck of Nepia NB, and 2 pck of Nepia S. If baby skin really can take Nepia and Goon then I will order from them via telephone or online and they can deliver to my pl. Save hassle of lugging them home, esp if you dont have a car. Anyway I am a lazy person so I try to think of short cut. Kekekeke

Even 1st month shower, I am not going to get boxes of cakes cos like I said I am a lazy person and I want to spend time with my baby. I will just get Bengawan voucher either $8 or $12 and self boiled red eggs to give relatives. Economical right??? If they dont turn up for shower, I just mail them the voucher. (I stress - I am a lazy person)

I hope i got the right person~ >.<" See ya in FB... =)

pipilili

Panty small.jpgMilk Bottles.jpgGoon Nepia.jpgCribbed Sheet.jpgMedela Small.jpgCream.jpgWatson buy.jpg

bb stuff.jpg

crazy cat, welcome to FB. Now we know who we are.

MTBS,

Anyway below are some of the pics of the items I got. some with price tag on.

1. Disposable Panty from OG
2. Pigeon Standard neck Bottle from Expo
3. Nepia and Goon Diapers @14/each from Expo
4. The very soft cribbed fitted sheet @ $15 from Expo.
5. Medela Pump from Overseas - US.
6. Nipple cream and baby rash cream.
7. Ru Yi Oil (ship brand cos less spicy for bb - as recommended by my CL) and Cotton pad from Watsons.
8. One of my cabinet drawer with bb stuff like wipes, shower, cotton ball.

pipilili

BABY SHOWER:

I just found out Prima Deli has $6,8,10 voucher for baby shower. The lady called me this morning to inform me..So nice..Maybe I can get the $8 voucher then wrapped 2 eggs for each relative. But keeping my options OPEN, waiting for Bengawan Solo to reply me.

CATERER:

I have shortlisted to this caterer: http://www.mannapot.com.sg/ cos they have done a couple of company buffet and so far so good.

I read that Neo Garden is no good some whr recently, so thinking twice. Maybe it also depends which day you order and which chef cooking bah.

ICE-CREAM for KIDS:

Will be getting those mini ice cream cups to cater to kids (I have lorry loads of nieces and nephews) End Aug/Sept is still considered warm if not hot. This will occupy them.

PASTRY for adults:

Am thinking if I should get mini cupcakes as well - for kids + adults. It seems like a trend to have cup cakes these days. Maybe I will email them and find out how much before I decide. Else I will get other light but nice pastry.

JocelynYL

Hi Pipi,

Thanks for sharing. How much did you spend on the disposable panty? I'm thinking to buy from NTUC.. :p
You bought the nipple cream from medela? Is it good? I'm wondering shall I buy one for the nipple cream.. :eek:How much does it cost?

pipilili

crazy cat: Dun think it's halal but to be 100% sure, you might want to call them to chk. I will be contacting them only after bb is born lah....not so fast.

JocelynYL:
Welcome to FB. Disposable panty at OG is 5.50 for maternity cloth panty(5 pcs), 4.50 for normal ladies cloth panty (which we can wear later in the month when your tummy shrink) I bought extra from Watsons 6 pcs at 3.30 but I dun think it's cloth. Watson has the cloth type for men which is like maternity size to me - waist size also bigger 38" n abv. You can buy that, should be no diff...

jessmummy

hello mummies..

i know nearly all of us are going to breastfeed our precious but I cant help to wonder how long am I going to do this because I'm heading back to work pretty quickly.

Or is my breastmilk sufficient for my baby's needs? Do I need to top up with formula milk?

Which formula milk are you ladies are thinking of providing for your little ones?

hello mummies..

i know nearly all of us are going to breastfeed our precious but I cant help to wonder how long am I going to do this because I'm heading back to work pretty quickly.

Or is my breastmilk sufficient for my baby's needs? Do I need to top up with formula milk?

Which formula milk are you ladies are thinking of providing for your little ones?

I am gonna breastfeed for as long as I can. But minimum 3 months. You can pump and store b4 u go to work so baby still have milk to drink. And also bring the breastpump to work so u can express milk if it gets too full. In the case if I have no milk(i hope not) or emergency, I'm gonna feed my baby S26 as this is the best formula milk you can feed your baby.

elise81

I had previously failed 2 breastfeeding attempts and this is my 3rd successful attempt. i would say if u r planning to total breastfeed, do not feed forumula (advised by lactation consultant).

formula makes the baby fuller, longer & hence when they latch on your breast they dont suckle as much as they should which causes lesser milk flow.

your breast doesnt know how much milk to produce so the more u latch/ pump, the more your milk flow. I was criticised by my family for "not having enough milk" but i refused to buy formula. My baby is now 5.5 weeks old and i finally have a freezer full of breastmilk.

Breastfeedimg is tiring, painful, tough... but the longer u persevere, the easier it gets... most of all, the bond u get with baby, seeing your little one so peacefully sucking away, is really indescribable.... :)

I had previously failed 2 breastfeeding attempts and this is my 3rd successful attempt. i would say if u r planning to total breastfeed, do not feed forumula (advised by lactation consultant).

formula makes the baby fuller, longer & hence when they latch on your breast they dont suckle as much as they should which causes lesser milk flow.

your breast doesnt know how much milk to produce so the more u latch/ pump, the more your milk flow. I was criticised by my family for "not having enough milk" but i refused to buy formula. My baby is now 5.5 weeks old and i finally have a freezer full of breastmilk.

Breastfeedimg is tiring, painful, tough... but the longer u persevere, the easier it gets... most of all, the bond u get with baby, seeing your little one so peacefully sucking away, is really indescribable.... :)
Best thing..after eating baby sleep, den mummy can rest.