EDD Aug 2011

hakisumi

Miaarose!! So happy some1 reply at this hour..
I m now dressed up n calling a cab now..

I m confused to go or not to go actually but u r right..if contraction start I might not take it ,might as well go now since anyway I ll be gg ltr too even after my ctg check up ltr

miaarose

Hi mummies, long time never drop by here. Just wanna share my labour story. Not to scare anyone tho.

30th july 1.30am.
Contraction starts. Timed them To be 5-8 mins apart.

30th July 3.00am
Wake hubby up and still contemplating whether to admit or not. Went toilet to bathe and saw mucus plug out and some bloody show.

30th July 3.30am
Checked into TMC. Strapped on ctg and was given this med to clear bowels. 1-2cm dilated

30th July 9am
5cm dilated. Doc say abt 6 hrs time to be fully dilated. 2 mummies beside me gave up and asked for epidural. Broke my waterbag too

30th July 3pm
7th dilated. Very very weak oredi.1/2 awake. Asked for pentadine. Jab on thigh. Die die don't want epi. Another 2 more mummies asked for epidural.

30th July 9pm
Pushed to delivery ward frm observation ward. Still 7-8cm dilated. Begged for doc to vacuum but he say too risky for me and baby cuz baby still high
Up. Almost gave up. No energy. Doc adviced epidural/ c-sect but I told him give me
2 more hrs. Really want natural badly. By now I'm already starting to push
Cuz the urge to push is there even tho nurse say don't :p asked for 2nd jab of pentadine. But no effect oredi. Too painful. He induced me again with drip hoping to make my cervix
Open.

30th July 11.30
Doc came and assisted.10cm dilated.Finally!! begged him to vacuum.Push until no strength. He inserted the vacuum (painful btw) and tried but can't. Baby still stubborn and not fully
Engaged. By now I gave up and asked for epidural but he say even with epi, I still have to Caesar cuz I'm too weak oredi and baby not
Engaged. I agreed to c-sect under general anesthesia.

31st July 12.30am
Pushed into operating theatre. Hubby cannot enter

31st July 1am
My baby boy was delivered. 3.54kg. Very very healthy. Hehe. No regrets!

31st July 2am
Pushed to my suite. Didn't even know whole procedure ended. Lol.

Thats the story of my $10k baby.

pipilili

hi everyone,
I am finally back and is once again ALIVE.

My labour process:
On 2nd Aug, doc asked me to check in to KKH to induce labour. On 3rd Aug, was in KKH to induce labour after my Mac breakfast. From 7.30am - 7.30pm, my cervix only opened 4cm. Gynae came in and told me I need to C Sect to get bb out. I cried and cried and refused to be cut up (cos not mentally prepared).

Anyway, in the end, I still gave in but requested someone to hold my hand thruout the whole process. (I told you guys I was a weakling) The side effects of epidural on me was really bad, teeth chattering, hands shaking away. After bb was taken out and I heard her first cry, I was overwhelmed and then KO cos so tired after all the crying earlier.

Was pushed to observation ward and then to my room. The next day I felt the pain, which I couldn't make out if it was uterus contracting or stitch pain.
After cathether was removed, my first attempt to the toilet was labourious. But still got to force myself to go. Heng, I managed to pee w/o any stimulation of water running.

**Throughout my ordeal, I was in epidural**

jessmummy

thank you all!! after reading all the stories i feel very blessed that shes so good girl to give be such a quickie and smooth experience

we finally managed to go home yesterday :) and ive been trying very hard to be her moomoo but i seems like i dont have enough.. i dont know.. i supp with formula twice a day now.. so that im sure she have something in her tummy to peepoo with. ><

nipples very blistered too.. :( but not too engorged.. thats why i feel not enough juice inside.. will perservere and see!

wish me luck!

szecare

Thank you mummies for sharing all the labour stories, really not easy being a mum, you ladies were really brave and strong....i am quite nervous now as i am still waiting for my girl to pop out. Really got to pray very hard for smooth and quick labour as i am very afraid of pain. Will be having check up again tmr, all the best to me and all mummies who are waiting to pop, and those who were breastfeeding!!

serenepng77

Congrats to all the mommies who popped!!

I am still waiting for 19th Aug to come, less than 10 days :embarrassed::embarrassed:

Last night experienced contractions for a few hours, but no pain just the stomach tightening every 15 mins.. for about 3-4 hours.. tot to myself, that's it!! But luckily think iz only false alarm coz it stopped..

To Miaarose & Pipilili, is the pain after c-section really 'unbearable'? Can describle the before & after of c-section?? Lately very stressed out over the horror stories abt c-section.. Mine is a personal choice to c-section coz I am super-scared/phobia of doc 'cutting' my vijayjay and stitching up after the birth... Sigh, this is the last thing on my mind before i zzz at night and first thing i think of when i wake up...:001_302::001_302:

serenepng77

Gynae advised that baby is gonna b big and VBAC is not advisable.
Advise to prepare to go for C-section next week.

Was thing of going TMC but do not know how muc cash I need to fork out.
Hi Kimyen, I am also going to deliver at TMC, told the nurse to calculate for me how much cash roughly I shld expect to fork out.. Based on 2 bedded ward:

Doc C-section Fees $2000
Hospital fees $300
Baby doc $500
GA fees $600
Hospital charges $2614 (advised to factor in extra 30% for misc additional costs incurred)
Total inclusive GST $6434
Medisave deductable $3950
Total cash payable $2484

I already paid $1364 deposit for Doc c-section last week, was told that upon admission i have to pay about another $3000 deposit to hospital..

szecare

I am also going to deliever at TMC, but they say i can only deduct $2100 from medisave..still dun know the total amount..opt for 4 bedded room...
Hi Kimyen, I am also going to deliver at TMC, told the nurse to calculate for me how much cash roughly I shld expect to fork out.. Based on 2 bedded ward:

Doc C-section Fees $2000
Hospital fees $300
Baby doc $500
GA fees $600
Hospital charges $2614 (advised to factor in extra 30% for misc additional costs incurred)
Total cash payable $2484

I already paid $1364 deposit for Doc c-section last week, was told that upon admission i have to pay about another $3000 deposit to hospital..

miaarose

After trying to deliver naturally and still going thru c-sect, I think c-sect is less pain. Tho recovery is slower. 1st day after c-sect doc don't allow
Me to walk. So urine bag was attached to me. 2nd and 3rd day I can walk or rather slide myself to the toilet. Amazingly not
Much pain and no pain at all when urinating. 3rd day before discharged, doc clean the wound, totally no pain. Can bathe as per normal.
When I reach home, 3 days can't bend down to even pick baby. Someone must carry baby to me to breastfeed. After 3rd day im ok. Drink lots
Of chicken essence. I only drink once a day, cuz I gag each time
I drink and it kind of hurts. My fren told me to drink 4 times
To heal the internals :)

Congrats to all the mommies who popped!!

I am still waiting for 19th Aug to come, less than 10 days :embarrassed::embarrassed:

Last night experienced contractions for a few hours, but no pain just the stomach tightening every 15 mins.. for about 3-4 hours.. tot to myself, that's it!! But luckily think iz only false alarm coz it stopped..

To Miaarose & Pipilili, is the pain after c-section really 'unbearable'? Can describle the before & after of c-section?? Lately very stressed out over the horror stories abt c-section.. Mine is a personal choice to c-section coz I am super-scared/phobia of doc 'cutting' my vijayjay and stitching up after the birth... Sigh, this is the last thing on my mind before i zzz at night and first thing i think of when i wake up...:001_302::001_302:

serenepng77

I am also going to deliever at TMC, but they say i can only deduct $2100 from medisave..still dun know the total amount..opt for 4 bedded room...
Hi Szecare, I looked at the chart she gave me, the amount is $2500 for hospital charges and $1450 for doc's fees. So both adds up to $3950 for Medisave deductable..

serenepng77

After trying to deliver naturally and still going thru c-sect, I think c-sect is less pain. Tho recovery is slower. 1st day after c-sect doc don't allow
Me to walk. So urine bag was attached to me. 2nd and 3rd day I can walk or rather slide myself to the toilet. Amazingly not
Much pain and no pain at all when urinating. 3rd day before discharged, doc clean the wound, totally no pain. Can bathe as per normal.
When I reach home, 3 days can't bend down to even pick baby. Someone must carry baby to me to breastfeed. After 3rd day im ok. Drink lots
Of chicken essence. I only drink once a day, cuz I gag each time
I drink and it kind of hurts. My fren told me to drink 4 times
To heal the internals :)
Hi Miaarose, thanks for your detailed reply, that is very encouraging! So I think now my choice is quite clear :) iz now either GA or epidural... I am worried I might be freaked out if I am awake to witness the "cutting-up" process during the c-section procedure though I was told that I cant feel a thing.. but if I choose GA then I am depriving the daddy of a chance to hear his son's first cry and also daddy cant cut the cord..

jovin83

Hi all, me too Edd 20 aug but I am having cramps whole of last night and now feeling so neausea. ReAlly dun kno why like this. No bloody show and I dun "feel" dilated yet. Now next to worry is C-Sect. I hate most is the feeling of cutting me up. I really hope not :( praying hard. Hubby scare of blood too, if so really dun kno how to survive for the both of us. Haiz.. Ok ok relax relax I need my bed..

miaarose

Another tip from my massage aunt aka masseuse, wear a girdle. I was sceptical at first and scared that it'll hurt but amazingly I can walk better with the girdle on cuz ur belly don't "jiggle" that much. Hehe.

And don't worry abt c-sect having too much blood or gory. No blood at all after the doc last changed my dressing before i was discharged(the only time he changed it btw).

Just came back frm my check up. Gynae say my c-sect is healing well and recommend Dermatix to apply on the scar to make it look flatter. Optional tho. To me it looks perfectly alright oredi. But will still apply it. Hehe vain >_<

serenepng77

Another tip from my massage aunt aka masseuse, wear a girdle. I was sceptical at first and scared that it'll hurt but amazingly I can walk better with the girdle on cuz ur belly don't "jiggle" that much. Hehe.

And don't worry abt c-sect having too much blood or gory. No blood at all after the doc last changed my dressing before i was discharged(the only time he changed it btw).

Just came back frm my check up. Gynae say my c-sect is healing well and recommend Dermatix to apply on the scar to make it look flatter. Optional tho. To me it looks perfectly alright oredi. But will still apply it. Hehe vain >_<
Hi Miaarose, good to hear tat your c-section wound is healing well! :)
When do you intend to start your post-natal massage? I heard that after c-section we shld buy a waist binder to hold the wound together? You started to wear a girdle now already?? wow... :)

pipilili

miaarose When did you had your C sect? You went for massage already? Did massage lady massage your belly & wrapped w herbs? I am scared of infection so I think I will wait till 1 mth later (as adviced by gynae)

jovin83

Just went for gyn check. Dilate 1cm only but ha ha the scan shows my bb learning how to suck, looks like highly demandingbb for milk! Anyway I hate the probe, I bleed :( I tot that male dr will be more gentle..who knows. My legs can't close argh.. Hope I dun have to go thru this again.

miaarose

miaarose When did you had your C sect? You went for massage already? Did massage lady massage your belly & wrapped w herbs? I am scared of infection so I think I will wait till 1 mth later (as adviced by gynae)
I had my c-sect on 31st July. Was discharged on 2nd aug and started postnatal massage on 4th aug. Dont worry abt the herbs cuz the bandage is waterproof. My massage Aunty didn't even touch the operated area. And don't wait too long to massage. Some say a mth after surgery then can do massage but thank god I didn't heed that. Body feels stronger and better after massage and lost 13 kg oredi. So happy.

Serene: sorry sorry, a waist binder is more appropriate. I don't know what to call this thing and the massage Aunty calls it's girdle. Lol.

kimyen

Hi,

U mean yr dr is from TMC directly???

According to the gynae(my ex), he was saying that I need to pay his professional fees $2000 of whih $1450 is deductible from Medisave.

The rest, I'm interested in 4 bedded from TMC.

Had chked with them over phone, was advising me abt $2K cash needed.

Sounds not much difference if taking 4 or 2 bedded.

Haha

But of cos, TMC will always have FOC upgrade.

Doc C-section Fees $2000
Hospital fees $300
Baby doc $500
GA fees $600
Total cash payable $2484