EDD Aug 2015 :)

cuttiz

Hello! I'm new here. Just found out about my pregnancy yesterday and is still in the mist of looking for a gynae. Still very early and confused!

Libbie

Congrats cuttiz! I just found out just this morning that I'm pregnant too! Its a not so solid line on the test kit.. As this is my 2nd pregnancy, tomorrow I will go down to one of the clinic to get my HCG test. Have booked my appointment with one of the SC in NUH since I gave birth there the other time.. :)

cuttiz

Congrats Libbie! Same.. not a solid line so I went to get a digital test kit haa.. indeed the result very clear. It's my first pregnancy..

Libbie

I'm going to a GP who has a scanning machine in her room. Esther Yeo Clinic at Jurong East. I just need to determine where the sac is as I have past ectopic before... So if you are kiasu, before you get your appointment in the main stream Obstetrician, you may wanna request for a scan to ensure the sac is at the right place. :)

cuttiz

Great tips.It's still very early for me so maybe won't see a sac also I tested 10 days past ovulation before my menses due.. when it's gd to see a OB? week 6 / 10?

Libbie

I just tested my HCG.. it's at 248.7.. So around 4 weeks range.. Will test again on Friday to check on doubling effect.. Hopefully it triples!!

cuttiz

I was having fever and diarrhea yesterday and went to KK O&G. Only mentioned HCG was low.. so returning on Friday to do another blood test.

cuttiz

Back from KK O&G.. The wait was quite terrible. On average 4-5hours for my these 2 visits include the waiting for blood test result. But I'm relieved HCG level doubled today :) Intending to make appt with SGH maybe 2 weeks later for the subsequent visits. No idea how I should start.. Get a referral from polyclinic or private patient? Still searching for answers so I can decide.

Libbie

@cuttiz, just got back my HCG.. 17dpo is at 204.8, 19dpo is 516.4 and 22dpo is 2388.1.... I should be able to see beanie this week! If you want private patient, do you have any obstetrician in mind?

syy

Hi all...im new here.. i guess i belong here? :)) Just did my test yesterday.. and again this morning. Still in shock but happy..
Do u girls know when can we start to visit a gynae?

Libbie

Hi all...im new here.. i guess i belong here? :)) Just did my test yesterday.. and again this morning. Still in shock but happy..
Do u girls know when can we start to visit a gynae?
You can book appointment to se your gynae now however most of the time, the waiting period may be long. Else for now, when you cannot see anything in the screen, it is best to go GP to request for HCG trend...

cuttiz

Hey Libbie. I've decide my gynae. Went to SGH Prof Tan as a private patient. He's the head of O&G there. First visit last week and saw a sac at the right place.. Prof Tan mentioned I should be week 5 based on my last menses date.. but scan shows week 4 with empty sac. I guess I ovulate late as I have a cycle of 32 days. I'm returning this week (1 week later) for another scan since I'm there for my thyroid appt as well at the same hospital. Hopefully can see a heartbeat..

My doc was saying no heartbeat = not pregnant. So don't share anything with your friends.

@syy. Grats to u! can visit the gynae anytime from now. I visit early to confirm with a blood test and possible to do a early scan to see if the implantation is at the right place to rule out ectopic pregnancy.

Last edited:

fairytale1982

I found out i was preggy on 5dec friday using clearblue kit. So over the weekends i googled for gynae around the place i stayed. So on 7dec monday i visited dr wong mun that at thomson women clinic, which was less than 10min drive frim my place.

did not do a blood test cos he say the pregnancy kit is quite accurate, & even more so when i used 2 to confirm.. Hehe..

he did a tummy & vaginal scan for me & we discussed a few things.. Pay about $190 for consultation + scan.

Next appointment is 23dec.

syy

Hi cuttiz, im currently week 5 day 1.. i made an appt with my gynae & scheduled an appt on week 7 which is 2 weeks time. Currently praying very hard and hope all is fine. :)

cuttiz

Guess we are now still early.. I'm going to do my 2nd scan tml.. hope something is growing in e empty sac now.

Libbie

went for a scan last min yesterday due to spotting of blood.. Saw little beanie with a little faint flicker of heartbeat.. though he said that it is a threaten miscarriage but having nausea is a good sign... so all the best to you ladies!!

Ambb

Hi, congrats to all ladies... n Libbie, hope things turns out well for u. I have jus tested +ve with clearblue kit few days ago, shd b ard 5 weeks. Yet to visit my Gynae. Will probably wait a while since it's still too early.

cuttiz

I'm scheduled for another scan in 2weeks time.. going to be in 2015 already. Found yolk sac now.. no beanie yet.. Doc says my sac grows so much in just 1 week. haa..

Grats Ambb!

Libbie, beanie with heartbeat! must be a relieved for you on that.

Last edited: