EDD: August 2012

Elisheva

Welcome Elisheva!

So lucky you get to lose weight in the first trimester!! I was hoping for all the vomitting so that I can lose weight first.... Haha... But I didn't even vomit at all... Haizzz....

I envy those who have little or no morning sickness!!
& it seems like most of you can sleep very well!

In my first trimester I had insomnia for the whole 3 months.. coulden't sleep at all..
can't eat, bloated, gastric, vomit, heartburn, bleeding, giddy..
Mc from work for near to 2mths..
Now Im taking all unpaid leave when I'm feeling unwell...

in fact i just stopped vomitting only when Im almost 6 mths...

wendytan

Hi perkyperky, thanks for ur advice... :)
If hubby not gg then can one person doing the exercise hor?

My colleague said her boy last time turn his head down but turn back again. So it is a possibility baby will turn back. Think that's y our visit to gynae will b increased at last stage.

Ahh I see... I was also thinking all the vigorous active movements by baby could cause them to turn here and there. But I hope she'll be good and stay in this position until the head is engaged.

Oh ya... Wendy, I think it's ok to go alone. The teacher can be your partner when doing exercises. I saw 2 mummies without their partners too.

zaclin29

my confinement lady is booked until Nov! :we2shocked:
In Feb when I called, she said it is ok to still consider and wait until later since she is "Free" for the year....
Then now............. AARRRGGHH!!!

mer17

Wow the thread moving so fast!! Need time to catch up!! hehe!!
Welcome Elisheva!

Talking about breast feeding.. I just went to my first antenatal class at Mt Alvernia today.. thou I'm not going to deliver there. The nutritionist (or doc, I duno! Cos I bascially missed out the first half of the lesson!!) said that we should expect to have very very little breast milk (maybe just a few drops!) on the first few days.. but it's actually enuff for our babies.. rem not to give up, if not the supply will also stop! The more you feed, the more you'll have breast milk. And the first 2 weeks, the baby actually dun require lotsa milk.. so we should not be worry that we are not producing milk. The more we are worried, the less milk we'll produce! So all mummies, let's be positive!!! And she also said that we should not feed breast milk and powdered milk together to our babies. But I'm not sure about expressed breast milk thou.. it should be the same as breast milk I guess.
I also learnt that our mummies powdered milk is not proven to have the nutritions (something like that).. instead, it is fattening!! My God!! And all along I'll be drinking that! She said actually low fat milk is fine enough. I think I'm going back to my low fat milk from now!

And for coconut juice.. is it time for us to consume oredi? I thought they said the last 2 weeks of our EDD then starts to drink? Else it's "cold" for our body..

mer17

You mean in the end you gotta find another confinement lady?!! So bad this CL! I hope mine don't fly plane! If not I'll be dead! Last min how to find a replacement??!
my confinement lady is booked until Nov! :we2shocked:
In Feb when I called, she said it is ok to still consider and wait until later since she is "Free" for the year....
Then now............. AARRRGGHH!!!

mer17

perkyperky - 39kg to 52kg
Mamamarie - 48kg to 66kg
bertrande - 51kg to 64kg
ch0c0l4te - 53kg to 60kg
MommyDior - 45kg to 57kg
zaclin29 - 58kg to 68kg
Wendy - 42kg to 48kg
yingver07 - 49kg - 57kg
problemgal - 51kg - 61kg
TutTut - 44kg to 52kg
Elisheva - 47kg - 49.5kg
Mer17 - 45kg - 57kg (will update again after my next visit to gynae! hehe!!)

mer17

I'm also feeling sharp pain at my pelvis area.. and I can feel "something" protruding out when I bend down. I think it should be my baby's head or leg. So now whenever I bend, I'll be more careful.

So happy that you'll be visiting your gynae every two weeks now rite! Mine, after my next visit (which is the week after) will be more regular too (as per what my gynae told me).. can't wait!! But on the other hand it also means our EDD is getting nearer n nearer!! Nervous and excited!! 2 mths more!

Hi Wendy, for my prenatal class...the first 3 lessons we were asked to wear pants instead of skirts and dresses as we'll be doing some simple exercises. It's best not to bring anything to the class; I didn't bring my bag, wallet nor hp in. Just brought myself and my hubby. Haha!

MommyDior, my gynae also didn't question me about my weight.

Today I went for my checkup. Gynae said baby's growing well and everything's right on track. Such a great relief! About the sharp pains I mentioned, he said it could be the intestinal dunno what and it's nothing serious so long it goes off. My checkup was so fast!!! Now my next checkup will be every 2 weeks and baby is already in position; same as what I've seen in week 24/25. Does that mean my baby hasn't turn much? Cos I think once baby is in position, they'll not turn otherwise. I forgot to ask him.

Yingver07

perkyperky:657473 said:
Hi Wendy, for my prenatal class...the first 3 lessons we were asked to wear pants instead of skirts and dresses as we'll be doing some simple exercises. It's best not to bring anything to the class; I didn't bring my bag, wallet nor hp in. Just brought myself and my hubby. Haha!

MommyDior, my gynae also didn't question me about my weight.

Today I went for my checkup. Gynae said baby's growing well and everything's right on track. Such a great relief! About the sharp pains I mentioned, he said it could be the intestinal dunno what and it's nothing serious so long it goes off. My checkup was so fast!!! Now my next checkup will be every 2 weeks and baby is already in position; same as what I've seen in week 24/25. Does that mean my baby hasn't turn much? Cos I think once baby is in position, they'll not turn otherwise. I forgot to ask him.
I asked my gynae about the position wise. I'm in 32 weeks along gynae says baby now can be still rotating, only when about to reach full term then baby will be engage in position.

Yingver07

MommyDioR:657417 said:
I also gained 6kg plus measuring from pre-preggy to last 2 weeks. But today went for checkup within the last 2 weeks i gained almost 2kg :(

Gynae ask to control diet & eat heathly..say at most gain 11-12kg.
how come ur gynae so concern abt ur weight but mine doesn't even qtn my weight.. only ask mi how my appetite.. -.-
Coz if we overweight most prob baby also will overweight. Later become big baby then very difficult for natural birth. That's what I thought la.

I always ask about my weight gained every 2 weeks on my appt. I can't accept that I gained too much in 2 weeks also coz nv gained weight so fast like this before.

You mean in the end you gotta find another confinement lady?!! So bad this CL! I hope mine don't fly plane! If not I'll be dead! Last min how to find a replacement??!
I also just recently found a replacement for my confinement lady. Kanna played by the previous one. Luckily still managed to find one and met her already. :) Although the price is $100 more. Haiz. No choice.
Hope Zaclin29 has found yours?

i think the coconut juice can drink within a month from your EDD.. :).. That's what my sister and colleagues say. But still need to drink in moderate.

Wow the thread moving so fast!! Need time to catch up!! hehe!!
Welcome Elisheva!

Talking about breast feeding.. I just went to my first antenatal class at Mt Alvernia today.. thou I'm not going to deliver there. The nutritionist (or doc, I duno! Cos I bascially missed out the first half of the lesson!!) said that we should expect to have very very little breast milk (maybe just a few drops!) on the first few days.. but it's actually enuff for our babies.. rem not to give up, if not the supply will also stop! The more you feed, the more you'll have breast milk. And the first 2 weeks, the baby actually dun require lotsa milk.. so we should not be worry that we are not producing milk. The more we are worried, the less milk we'll produce! So all mummies, let's be positive!!! And she also said that we should not feed breast milk and powdered milk together to our babies. But I'm not sure about expressed breast milk thou.. it should be the same as breast milk I guess.
I also learnt that our mummies powdered milk is not proven to have the nutritions (something like that).. instead, it is fattening!! My God!! And all along I'll be drinking that! She said actually low fat milk is fine enough. I think I'm going back to my low fat milk from now!

And for coconut juice.. is it time for us to consume oredi? I thought they said the last 2 weeks of our EDD then starts to drink? Else it's "cold" for our body..

zaclin29

Not yet... Just found out this week she's fully booked... Worst still I need Muslim confinement lady which is RARE!

I'm thinking of reaching out to my Malay friends if they have any relatives who can cook Chinese confinement food... Another issue, it'll be fasting month & Hari raya period... So makes it more difficult!!

Do u girls have to pay deposit for your CL now?

zaclin29

i think the coconut juice can drink within a month from your EDD.. :).. That's what my sister and colleagues say. But still need to drink in moderate.
I'm going to start drinking the coconut juice once a wk starting this week. Then 1 month before EDD will drink daily...

bertrande

Not yet... Just found out this week she's fully booked... Worst still I need Muslim confinement lady which is RARE!

I'm thinking of reaching out to my Malay friends if they have any relatives who can cook Chinese confinement food... Another issue, it'll be fasting month & Hari raya period... So makes it more difficult!!

Do u girls have to pay deposit for your CL now?

Good luck, Zaclin. Hope you manage to find your CL! I paid $500 deposit for my CL, the rest to be paid either before or after the end of the confinement period (can't remember!). She also asked for two ang pows, one at the beginning and one at the end.