EDD: August 2012

bertrande

mer17, I'm going for my first Mt Alvernia class today!! 630-830pm, hope I'm not late. The next few sessions will be on Saturday afternoons phew. I'm kiasu - signed up for err 2 prenatal classes hahaha, one with Mt A and one independent one. How come you are attending sessions at Mt A even though you are not delivering there? Did you do any exercises yesterday? I know I have to wear pants the 2nd and 3rd classes but not sure about today (I'm in shorts today not pants so hope not!).

About the coconut, I'm blur too... Maybe someone who knows better can advise us here?

I called my CL to confirm too, and luckily she's ok (didn't fly me off). But I don't like her as a start. Shit. No good. I didn't pay the CL any deposit. I doubt they'll ask for it since they're in Malaysia, unless you go through agents like PEM...

bertrande

About the coconut, I'm blur too... Maybe someone who knows better can advise us here?

I called my CL to confirm too, and luckily she's ok (didn't fly me off). But I don't like her as a start. Shit. No good. I didn't pay the CL any deposit. I doubt they'll ask for it since they're in Malaysia, unless you go through agents like PEM...
Did she ask for angpow? My CL is Malaysian but she stays permanently in SG (not sure if PR or what). Very upfront about cost, payment and angpow. I want to follow a certain routine and I hope she won't be in my way!

Bluemit

Juz seen my gynae this morning, I've gained 1.4kg for the past 1 month n baby now weighs 1.2kg. Total weigh gained of 3.8kg (@ 28weeks). But I'm kinda worried tt my baby might not be big enough as I'm thinking of opting for C-section b4 the seventh month.

My friend was telling me to start taking coconut drink once a week for the last mth. It's already enough to 'clean' our baby

MommyDioR

Not yet... Just found out this week she's fully booked... Worst still I need Muslim confinement lady which is RARE!

I'm thinking of reaching out to my Malay friends if they have any relatives who can cook Chinese confinement food... Another issue, it'll be fasting month & Hari raya period... So makes it more difficult!!

Do u girls have to pay deposit for your CL now?
consider confinement catering?

MommyDioR

At least all of u are gaining weight healthily...
My 1st trimester was hell
My actual weight was 47kg & I lose 4kg during my 1st trimester..
Asked my gynae if I should start counting my weight gain from my actual weight or from 43kg & he told me that I should count from my actual weight & he told me that I should gain at least 8-15kg..

Right now I'm 49.5kg...

perkyperky - 39kg to 52kg
Mamamarie - 48kg to 66kg
bertrande - 51kg to 64kg
ch0c0l4te - 53kg to 60kg
MommyDior - 45kg to 57kg
zaclin29 - 58kg to 68kg
Wendy - 42kg to 48kg
yingver07 - 49kg - 57kg
problemgal - 51kg - 61kg
TutTut - 44kg to 52kg
Elisheva - 47kg - 49.5kg
woah! only 2.5kg! ur tummy must be not so obvious! does anyone offer u seats when u tk public transport?

zaclin29

to him bubble tea is unhealthy drink especially pearls from the report.. so no choice.. behind his back!

I drink milk tea without pearls, jelly, etc etc with 0% sugar also my hubby dont allow... :p
He said bubble tea generally not healthy *roll eyes* ...

Did she ask for angpow? My CL is Malaysian but she stays permanently in SG (not sure if PR or what). Very upfront about cost, payment and angpow. I want to follow a certain routine and I hope she won't be in my way!
No, she didn't mention about angpow. But I think ultimately, they're all the same. Mine looked after my MIL after she was discharged from the hospital last time. And my MIL said I only need to give her angpow once after she has finished her services. I dunno how much should I give her. I was thinking of only giving her $18...haha!!! My CL just said in mandarin, "just give me and baby a room, so that I can feed her at night." So demanding! Ya! I too have a daily routine that she gotta follow. Better don't ruin mine too!!!

I was telling my hubby I already have bad impressions of this CL even before I met her. My hubby said it's ok, just one month. But to me, 1 month staying with a person I dislike is like living HELL!!!

I got a shock today when the lady whom I always meet in my weekly meeting went on her maternity leave! That's cos I don't even notice she is pregnant!!!!!!!! I only thought she is plump. Really can't tell! Until now, it's still unbelievable to me! Haha! And she went to give birth the next day after our weekly meeting. I was thinking she can still work till so near to her EDD or she is earlier than her EDD? Beats me... I'll probably ask her when i see her 4 months later!

Juz seen my gynae this morning, I've gained 1.4kg for the past 1 month n baby now weighs 1.2kg. Total weigh gained of 3.8kg (@ 28weeks). But I'm kinda worried tt my baby might not be big enough as I'm thinking of opting for C-section b4 the seventh month.

My friend was telling me to start taking coconut drink once a week for the last mth. It's already enough to 'clean' our baby
1.2kg is acceptable weight for 28wks har, i thought.. hmm, my girl is juz over 1kg so tt's y my gynae is worried.
My colleagues also say once a week for the last month. Cannot drink too much cos coconut still very 'liang'.

wendytan

Hi everybody! I'm new here! Have been following this tread ever since I got pregnant but only reg as a member today! :001_302:
Welcome Elisheva!

So lucky u get to lose weight in the first trimester!! I was hoping for all the vomitting so that I can lose weight first.... Haha... But I didn't even vomit at all... Haizzz....
Zaclin, vomit really not good, will use up many energy after eating so much... u r so lucky not vomit at all!

wendytan

Welcome Elisheva!

So lucky you get to lose weight in the first trimester!! I was hoping for all the vomitting so that I can lose weight first.... Haha... But I didn't even vomit at all... Haizzz....

I envy those who have little or no morning sickness!!
& it seems like most of you can sleep very well!

In my first trimester I had insomnia for the whole 3 months.. coulden't sleep at all..
can't eat, bloated, gastric, vomit, heartburn, bleeding, giddy..
Mc from work for near to 2mths..
Now Im taking all unpaid leave when I'm feeling unwell...

in fact i just stopped vomitting only when Im almost 6 mths...
Hi Elisheva, don't be upset ya... All are over since u stop vomiting rite? Must think positive u sure can gain more weight and healthy!
I was vomiting and bleeding at 1st trimester also, but last month I still went to bangkok shopping! That time my hubby walk till tired and I m still ok... Some more, I only eating fruits n veg which no meat n animal product.
Must hv more confidence as a mummy hv to b strong then can tk care ur little one!
:)

mer17

I signed up with Mt A cos the sessions schedule offered by my hospital doesn't fit into my schedule.. I'll be missing like half the sessions. So I ended with Mt A. My next few sessions will be on Fri instead. Yesterday just a session on nutritions and breast feeding info.. so I din wear pants.. actually I had completely forgot about the attire required! Haha!! Btw, for exercise lessons, our hubby will be joining too rite? Do they need to wear exercise pants too? I'm sure my hubby will think it's soooo awkward!

mer17, I'm going for my first Mt Alvernia class today!! 630-830pm, hope I'm not late. The next few sessions will be on Saturday afternoons phew. I'm kiasu - signed up for err 2 prenatal classes hahaha, one with Mt A and one independent one. How come you are attending sessions at Mt A even though you are not delivering there? Did you do any exercises yesterday? I know I have to wear pants the 2nd and 3rd classes but not sure about today (I'm in shorts today not pants so hope not!).

bertrande

I signed up with Mt A cos the sessions schedule offered by my hospital doesn't fit into my schedule.. I'll be missing like half the sessions. So I ended with Mt A. My next few sessions will be on Fri instead. Yesterday just a session on nutritions and breast feeding info.. so I din wear pants.. actually I had completely forgot about the attire required! Haha!! Btw, for exercise lessons, our hubby will be joining too rite? Do they need to wear exercise pants too? I'm sure my hubby will think it's soooo awkward!
Oh I see. Yah, I think we are following exactly the same syllabus - today was on nutrition and breastfeeding too. And they talked about the same thing regarding milk etc. Yah, I think our hubbies are invited to join in all the sessions because the dietician said something about the husbands being taught to do some simple massage techniques during the exercise classes.